All VGT Interiors

• Thread starter iCyCo
  • 60 comments
Theres really no excuse for why they have them rendered and not put them in the game.
These interiors are rough design sketches which are prone to change over time, so they're not final products. That's why the BMW M4 had a black interior initially - BMW wasn't through finalizing the design, so they didn't want an incorrect interior in the game.

These interiors are rough design sketches which are prone to change over time, so they're not final products. That's why the BMW M4 had a black interior initially - BMW wasn't through finalizing the design, so they didn't want an incorrect interior in the game.

youre_serious_futurama.gif

If I had to choose 2...

The BMW and the Mazda, because best representation of 'racing car' interiors, imo.
(a.k.a no frilly wheels or color, just pure business with cages & switches 👍)

...............Add to one of The Little Mysteries PDI Gifted us with.....At this point I have given up waiting for the interiors of VGTs. I don't really believe that "interior not ready" story but since there ain't no better excuses floating around so......:rolleyes: {shrugs shoulder, leaves room}

Notice how the interiors of the Nissan and the Infiniti are quite similar.

Same vent to the left, and check the steering wheel.

Some of these interiors are not even 3D, they're plain 2D drawings. I guess PD doesn't do the CAD for VGTs, they probably receive everything done, and if there isn't available data for modeled interiors (made by manufacturers) then PD are not allowed to create them from scratch, or based on drawings.

It's a different story with "real" cars, as they have interior CAD available, and even when that info doesn't exist (older cars) PD can laser scan them, if they want to.

Some of these interiors are not even 3D, they're plain 2D drawings.

Which ones? They all look like 3D models to me.

I guess PD doesn't do the CAD for VGTs, they probably receive everything done, and if there isn't available data for modeled interiors (made by manufacturers) then PD are not allowed to create them from scratch, or based on drawings.

It's a different story with "real" cars, as they have interior CAD available, and even when that info doesn't exist (older cars) PD can laser scan them, if they want to.

I think PD are fully capable of (and allowed to) model interiors based on drawings and photos. The issue is probably that it would take too much time and that only part of the car modelling staff is assigned to the VGT cars, so in order to speed up the process they simply skip the interiors when they can do so. Because out of all the VGT cars that have been released so far it's strange if no one had an interior designed for them.

Some of these interiors are not even 3D, they're plain 2D drawings. I guess PD doesn't do the CAD for VGTs, they probably receive everything done, and if there isn't available data for modeled interiors (made by manufacturers) then PD are not allowed to create them from scratch, or based on drawings.

View the FT1 VGT in the VGT gallery and you'll see a 3D rendering of the interior. Probably the same for all the rest.

My assumption is it's PD's responsibility to model the working instruments and moveable steering and driver animation and they just didn't

Would love for all vgt cars to have Interiors. But the LM55 is the one i want the most :( Come on pd finish the Interior for the LM55 please :crazy: .

I guess PD doesn't do the CAD for VGTs, they probably receive everything done<...>

But most VGTs have been fully CADed by the manufacturers - see the Aston Martin DP-100's renderings seen in its trailer, which featured full interiors.

Maybe I'm wrong but Mitsubishi, for instance, looks kind of painted to me. I guess some (not all) VGT designers never really bothered to develop any interior concept at all. In car design it seems to be two separate teams: one creating interior and the other doing the outside looks.

I find it weird that PD would have to design VGTs interiors without any digital data, either from CAD or from laser scan. Some of theses VGTs have real-size counterparts, but others don't. If you don't have neither the digital data nor physical one, can you actually do whatever you want without permission? And even if PD were allowed to, it's not their job to design cars for other companies (except in a project of their own, like the RBX), they just get cars created by others, from all over the world, and put them inside a video game.

Mercedes-Benz team created an interior, there are beautiful 2D paintings on the web, but question is: that real-size model that was built has a fully detailed interior, including fabric, leather, plastic, colors and so on? Or is it just a fake wheel, two regular seats and a basic console, with tinted glass to hide it's lack in details? I've never seen that car with open doors and I would really like to. Is there CAD for that interior?

A couple of cars have interior, both roadsters. Is it because PD guys were not too "lazy" concerning these two specific ones? Because they would look strange with that black cardboard, being no top cars? Or because data was sento to them to work with? I don't know.

I think PD are fully capable of (and allowed to) model interiors based on drawings and photos. The issue is probably that it would take too much time and that only part of the car modelling staff is assigned to the VGT cars, so in order to speed up the process they simply skip the interiors when they can do so. Because out of all the VGT cars that have been released so far it's strange if no one had an interior designed for them.
I think you're right and I think the VGT's are taking longer than expected to complete as well. Some are done, some are not done, but I don't think they want to create a situation where some are released with interiors and some without because they aren't ready, or can't be sure they'll complete all the interiors on all cars by their launch date. I think you'll see all the interiors come in one big update down the road, maybe in GT7.

Maybe I'm wrong but Mitsubishi, for instance, looks kind of painted to me. I guess some (not all) VGT designers never really bothered to develop any interior concept at all. In car design it seems to be two separate teams: one creating interior and the other doing the outside looks.

It looks like a 3D model to me. I've never seen a design sketch being drawn in that style.

I find it weird that PD would have to design VGTs interiors without any digital data, either from CAD or from laser scan. Some of theses VGTs have real-size counterparts, but others don't. If you don't have neither the digital data nor physical one, can you actually do whatever you want without permission? And even if PD were allowed to, it's not their job to design cars for other companies (except in a project of their own, like the RBX), they just get cars created by others, from all over the world, and put them inside a video game.

You don't need CAD data or laser scanning in order to make an accurate 3D model. It helps, but it's not required. All you need is a sketch or two for reference.

Mercedes-Benz team created an interior, there are beautiful 2D paintings on the web, but question is: that real-size model that was built has a fully detailed interior, including fabric, leather, plastic, colors and so on? Or is it just a fake wheel, two regular seats and a basic console, with tinted glass to hide it's lack in details? I've never seen that car with open doors and I would really like to. Is there CAD for that interior?

The model that was built does probably not have an interior (or else there would have been pictures of it). There is a 3D model though, here is one render:

mercedes-benz-gran-turismo-AMG-vision-concept-designboom06.jpg

A couple of cars have interior, both roadsters. Is it because PD guys were not too "lazy" concerning these two specific ones? Because they would look strange with that black cardboard, being no top cars? Or because data was sento to them to work with? I don't know.

It's probably because the interior is visible from outside of the car, so it's not really an option not to model it. The standard cars that are open top also have an interior view.

And I think there's an important difference between being lazy and not having enough time.

I mostly agree with complaints about the lack of interiors in cars in GT6, but in the particular case of prototypes having an interior would be a bonus, not a must.

That's how prototypes are in real life and having a sketch of a really spartan and really simplistic interior in the game is way different than completing the sketch, including finishing the dashboard and designing everything in the whole cabin, then modelling all that to full detail.

Really, someone that knows either about cars and/or about game creation process simply shouldn't complain about this.

Last edited:
It always puzzles me as to why these machines mostly do not feature interiors on the lo premium models (As very few of them feature an interior on the Hi Premium model used in Photo Travel).

Kaz did mention that they'd like to back in June during Goodwood.

Latest Posts

Back