Whats up with the lack of new cars in GT6?

• Thread starter Johnny P
  • 20 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil
Brazil
JohnnyP1997
Hey guys, i pretty much created a account on gtplanet cuz im fed up with this lack of new cars in GT!
I've been a humble player since GT5, always had fun with friends and all, but there was always this factor which bothered me... Yes we got the M4 which for instance is one of my favorite cars and curent dream car, we got the GTR nismo, which for me doesmt really mean much since im not the biggest fan of JDM out there, but im sure it is a big deal for a serious mass of players, but i see Forza pulling ahead of the competiton with constant updates containing fresh cars! And there are also some, not necessarely new but currently in production, cars which its respective manufacturer is already in GT6 but only with last century cars (RUF for example, yeah the RGT is a '00 but cmon, it doesnt even have a interior!!!) and there are manufacturers which received old cars only for GT6 (Mclaren for example). So i want to bring a discussion that started between me and my friends in GT and that i believe lots of other players have had already with their respective friends, im trying to make this game even better or IOW, fresher, but since i dont have any power alone to push Polyphony and Sony towards doin this favour for us, i need help! I have a little lisst of cars which i miss on GT6 here for u guys, make sure u guys also add the cars u miss, keeping in mind Polyphony needs to have the license to put cars in game, so munufacturers like Porsche (Unfortunately) aren't a possibility... Here is my list...

-RUF Rt35s (Since we cant get Porsches -_-)
-Audi R8 V10 Plus
-Lamborghini Huracan
-Mclaren 650s
-Corvette Stingray Z06
-Dodge Challenger Hellcat
-Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
-BMW M6 Perfomance Pack
-Ferrari F12
-Ferrari California T
-Ferrari 458 Speciale
-Mclaren P1 and P1 GTR
-LaFerrari
-BMW i8
-Audi RS5
-Mercedes AMG GT-S

OBS: IM TALKING ABOUT PRODUCTION CARS ONLY GUYS, NO PROTOTYPES OR VISION GTs!

Last edited:
We just got the Mazda LM55 VGT the other day! You're actually complaining about not getting new cars days after we just got one?!

We just got the Mazda LM55 VGT the other day! You're actually complaining about not getting new cars days after we just got one?!
Tell me, Are the VGTs production cars? Im talking about production cars here buddy!

Hey guys, i pretty much created a account on gtplanet cuz im fed up with this lack of new cars in GT!
I've been a humble player since GT5, always had fun with friends and all, but there was always this factor which bothered me... Yes we got the M4 which for instance is one of my favorite cars and curent dream car, we got the GTR nismo, which for me doesmt really mean much since im not the biggest fan of JDM out there, but im sure it is a big deal for a serious mass of players, but i see Forza pulling ahead of the competiton with constant updates containing fresh cars! And there are also some, not necessarely new but currently in production, cars which its respective manufacturer is already in GT6 but only with last century cars (RUF for example, yeah the RGT is a '00 but cmon, it doesnt even have a interior!!!) and there are manufacturers which received old cars only for GT6 (Mclaren for example). So i want to bring a discussion that started between me and my friends in GT and that i believe lots of other players have had already with their respective friends, im trying to make this game even better or IOW, fresher, but since i dont have any power alone to push Polyphony and Sony towards doin this favour for us, i need help! I have a little lisst of cars which i miss on GT6 here for u guys, make sure u guys also add the cars u miss, keeping in mind Polyphony needs to have the license to put cars in game, so munufacturers like Porsche (Unfortunately) aren't a possibility... Here is my list...

-RUF Rt35s (Since we cant get Porsches -_-)
-Audi R8 V10 Plus
-Lamborghini Huracan
-Mclaren 650s
-Corvette Stingray Z06
-Dodge Challenger Hellcat
-Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
-BMW M6 Perfomance Pack
-Ferrari F12
-Ferrari California T
-Ferrari 458 Speciale
-Mclaren P1 and P1 GTR
-LaFerrari
-BMW i8
-Audi RS5
-Mercedes AMG GT-S

OBS: IM TALKING ABOUT PRODUCTION CARS ONLY GUYS, NO PROTOTYPES OR VISION GTs!
First, you'll find many people here that agree with you, including me. There is a distinct lack of everyday production cars and supercars in the DLC since launch. But we're stuck with the VGT program and it isn't going to change until GT7, and maybe not then either.
Second, if you post that opinion, you're going to get told that VGT's are DLC, you should be happy with what you get, most games don't get this much new content etc. etc. etc. All true, but missing the point as you well know.
Third, requests for cars, tracks and features go here. GTP likes to keep a very tidy and organized forum for the benefit of all of us, so they encourage people to try to find the appropriate areas to post their thoughts and ideas.

First, you'll find many people here that agree with you, including me. There is a distinct lack of everyday production cars and supercars in the DLC since launch. But we're stuck with the VGT program and it isn't going to change until GT7, and maybe not then either.
Second, if you post that opinion, you're going to get told that VGT's are DLC, you should be happy with what you get, most games don't get this much new content etc. etc. etc. All true, but missing the point as you well know.
Third, requests for cars, tracks and features go here. GTP likes to keep a very tidy and organized forum for the benefit of all of us, so they encourage people to try to find the appropriate areas to post their thoughts and ideas.
Yeah, i've seen the suggestions section of the forum only after i posted this thread, so not much i could do... Tho about GT7, isn't it coming out only like in 2017? This means we are pretty much stuck with cars that we would never be able to even see in real life on the streets till GT7 right? I think it is just me but, thinking of this seems so wrong, i mean... Why having cars that wont ever be produced as priority in a game which is intended to simulate reality? Such mind storm for me...

He has a point though, All these new racing games are getting cars like the Mclaren P1 while Gt6 is there getting GTRs and Ft-1s XD

He has a point though, All these new racing games are getting cars like the Mclaren P1 while Gt6 is there getting GTRs and Ft-1s XD
EXACTLY!! And im not even the one who first said it, i've seen a bunch of people making fun of GT because it always brag about its 1200+ cars, from which 1000 are gtrs and the rest has a blacked out interior! (Yes a complete overreaction, tho when i red this, i kinda realised it is pretty much like this... Unfortunately...)

EXACTLY!! And im not even the one who first said it, i've seen a bunch of people making fun of GT because it always brag about its 1200+ cars, from which 1000 are gtrs and the rest has a blacked out interior! (Yes a complete overreaction, tho when i red this, i kinda realised it is pretty much like this... Unfortunately...)
Well it's true lol.

Yeah, i've seen the suggestions section of the forum only after i posted this thread, so not much i could do... Tho about GT7, isn't it coming out only like in 2017? This means we are pretty much stuck with cars that we would never be able to even see in real life on the streets till GT7 right? I think it is just me but, thinking of this seems so wrong, i mean... Why having cars that wont ever be produced as priority in a game which is intended to simulate reality? Such mind storm for me...
The mods will see the thread and move it or close it if they think it's necessary, don't worry about that. We have no idea what the release date is of GT7, it could be anywhere from Christmas 2015 onwards IMO. And you're right, unless they really step up the real car DLC, you're stuck with mostly VGT's from here on in. There are 19 more to go, and that's a huge chunk of PD's modeling capacity, so don't expect to see much real car DLC in the near future.

The mods will see the thread and move it or close it if they think it's necessary, don't worry about that. We have no idea what the release date is of GT7, it could be anywhere from Christmas 2015 onwards IMO. And you're right, unless they really step up the real car DLC, you're stuck with mostly VGT's from here on in. There are 19 more to go, and that's a huge chunk of PD's modeling capacity, so don't expect to see much real car DLC in the near future.
19??????????????? WHAT???????? How are there so many VGTs?????? Unreal...

19??????????????? WHAT???????? How are there so many VGTs?????? Unreal...
29 I think is the current count projected to be in the game. I think we have 9 now. :lol:

Welcome to GTPlanet @Johnny P :gtpflag:

First off, let me tell you that you and your friends are not the only ones who would wish for new production cars, we have an entire suggestions forums for new cars we would like to be included into the GT Franchise.

Second, what is your question? Is it why aren't new production cars added into GT6 regularly? we don't know, we aren't a part of PD, we're just a fan site.

Third, We really don't have much say as to what goes into GT, sure we can make a letter and send it to PD but making a wishlist letter of cars that we want in the game isn't going to help, they can easily find out (And probably know) what we want just by looking at the forums.

Lastly, Try to refrain from using textspeak, a mod will catch you up real quickly!

Last edited:
Welcome to GTPlanet @Johnny P :gtpflag:

First off, let me tell you that you and your friends are not the only ones who would wish for new production cars, we have an entire suggestions forums for new cars we would like to be included into the GT Franchise.

Second, what is your question? Is it why aren't new production cars added into GT6 regularly? we don't know, we aren't a part of PD, we're just a fan site.

Third, We really don't have much say as to what goes into GT, sure we can make a letter and send it to PD but making a wishlist letter of cars that we want in the game aren't going to help, they can easily find out (And probably know) what we want just by looking at the forums.

Lastly, Try to refrain from using textspeak, a mod will catch you up real quickly!
Thanks buddy!
Yes thats my question.
Indeed, well i hope they stalk the forum regularly otherwise, whats the point of being a forum other them meeting other racers and general support right?
And yes, i only had access to the rules after posting this thread, so i may have used some text language there... My bad!

VGT's are a waste of time to someone like me who drives in cockpit view. I have them all because I drive the hot laps for the credits, get the car,stockyard it because I may need it for a seasonal some day. Otherwise not one mile driven with them to date. I know there are players like me who want new cars to drive, not look at. Where are they PD? Quit wasting our time with Batmobiles!

Funny thing is, all 'em new cars may not come to GT6 at all, seeing how PDI sometimes lets up that GT7 is in development - many cars that are missing from this game could be held back for GT7. I hope this isn't true, but gotta admit, something fishy is definitely happening here. We may get a few "updated" standard cars sneaking in though - :indiff:.....
As for the M4, methinks BMW wanted it to be in GT6 as an advanced advert of sorts, that's why it initially launched without interior, without any tuning options.....

Slightly off topic but just to put the VGT's in perspective as I decided to take mine out while the server was down.
1) Most are pretty poor about the only one I might take out again is the infinity.
2) Very few have interiors despite 2 of the promo videos mentioning their importance.
3) Many cant be tuned or have very limited tuning parts, even some of the cars touted as race cars don't have adjustable suspension lsd etc.
4) The Aston Martin is classed as a road car, mistake I feel.

This smacks of corner cutting & shoddy control, the first ones we got, the Mercs were tuneable. When you think these are fantasy cars tuning options should be an easy add. Missed the boat in that they could have done body kits etc as well.

I think the Citroën concepts started this off & when you compare them to the VGT's & recent concepts like the Toyota FT-1 it seems to me the new offerings are half baked.

So my guess is don't expect many new production models & don't expect anything great from the VGT's

Slightly off topic but just to put the VGT's in perspective as I decided to take mine out while the server was down.
1) Most are pretty poor about the only one I might take out again is the infinity.
2) Very few have interiors despite 2 of the promo videos mentioning their importance.
3) Many cant be tuned or have very limited tuning parts, even some of the cars touted as race cars don't have adjustable suspension lsd etc.
4) The Aston Martin is classed as a road car, mistake I feel.

This smacks of corner cutting & shoddy control, the first ones we got, the Mercs were tuneable. When you think these are fantasy cars tuning options should be an easy add. Missed the boat in that they could have done body kits etc as well.

I think the Citroën concepts started this off & when you compare them to the VGT's & recent concepts like the Toyota FT-1 it seems to me the new offerings are half baked.

So my guess is don't expect many new production models & don't expect anything great from the VGT's
Thats what worries me... Not being able to expect something good from PD kinda makes me regret buying gt6... I feel like GT5 was buch better executed, felt like a game which took take to make and for some reason, gt6 just feels like a GT5 without b-spec, used car dealership, top gear track, driver levels and some added batmobiles as @VetteZR1 mentioned and few new cars added... A shame but... I guess i can only hope that in 2 years or so we are able to buy a proper real simulator again, just as GT5 was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back