Mike-ZENKAI

Gran Turismo Veteran
Premium
Netherlands
Rockanje
Mike-ZENKAI
dakar.jpg

Good day all and best wishes for 2015.

Beginning of the year so time for the epic Dakar Rally Raid.
What will this year bring.........

Here this years route starting tomorrow the 4th of January.
parcours_carte.jpg

Can Peugeot make a fist to Mini?
Can the Honda bike break the KTM hegemony?
Can the Dutch truckers beat the KAMAZ brigade?
Discuss it here on :gtpflag:.

Link to the official Dakar site: http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/

Link to live timing and twitter news site (Thanks to @GOTMAXPOWER)
http://gaps.dakar.com/2015/dakar/stage-01/aso/ukie.php
https://twitter.com/RallyRaidNews

Last edited:
EDIT: 17 January 2015

I was unexpectedly send to Denmark for a job, so couldn't keep this updated.

Started from Buenos Aires 161 bikes.
Started from Buenos Aires 45 quads.
Started from Buenos Aires 137 cars.
Started from Buenos Aires 63 trucks.

Last edited:
I'll be cheering for the Mini's again :D

Yeah, well I will be cheering for Gerard de Rooy and Hans Stacey in the trucks.
:DGO, Holland, GO:lol:

But it will be interesting to see how Peugeot will do with their star line up, but 2WD.

Yeah, well I will be cheering for Gerard de Rooy and Hans Stacey in the trucks.
:DGO, Holland, GO:lol:

But it will be interesting to see how Peugeot will do with their star line up, but 2WD.

Peterhansel and Sainz are bound to put in a great performance.

I'll also be keeping an eye out for Tom and Tim Coronel :D

Those Peugeots look awesome honestly, but I am behind Gordon! Anyone but the MINIS

Those Peugeot's looks very good indeed.
Hope Bobby Gordon does a whole lot better this year, last year was a sad affair.
He always drives spectacular and looking to go in an all or nothing kind of way. But that doesn't win you a Dakar.

The start of the DAKAR is like a big party here in Argentina. Lots of people in the gather around the main streets to see the competors in the main roads of Buenos Aires.

2015-01-03 11.18.19.jpg

There was a long walk to the entrance of Tecnópolis, the place where the technical revisions for the race happened. It was filled with lots of trucks.

2015-01-03 22.00.39.jpg
I have found Tim Coronel and a truck at the same time in a highway. Unluckily, the camera took a really bad photo due to the movement of my hand filled overwhelming joy.

I really wish good luck to all drivers!

I think Chicherit could be the dark horse this year. He has won a stage in the past and this year drives one of the buggies entered by Red Bull Qatar a few years ago (driven by Sainz and Al-Attiyah) only it's been developed further by X-Raid.

The Peugeot's look good and will have huge potential but they're reported to be quite under-prepared and have struggled to get as much running as they would like. At this stage if I had to pick a winner it would be Nasser Al-Attiyah (he has the proven package in the Mini and with Peterhansel gone he is - in my opinion - the most complete driver in the team).

I'll be hoping for Holowczyc in the cars, although I don't mind if Sousa does well.
Coma on the bikes, de Rooy in the trucks and I don't have anyone to cheer on on the Quads.

Hopefully it's an exciting year! Peugeot's look good.

I think Chicherit could be the dark horse this year. He has won a stage in the past and this year drives one of the buggies entered by Red Bull Qatar a few years ago (driven by Sainz and Al-Attiyah) only it's been developed further by X-Raid.

The Peugeot's look good and will have huge potential but they're reported to be quite under-prepared and have struggled to get as much running as they would like. At this stage if I had to pick a winner it would be Nasser Al-Attiyah (he has the proven package in the Mini and with Peterhansel gone he is - in my opinion - the most complete driver in the team).

Agree. I also think Al-Attiyah has a great change of winning, especially seeing how he is going this season so far.
Just hope there will be several teams going for overall victory so we will not see the 🤬🤬 team orders from last year, that was really disgraceful.👎

Stage 1 is live for the bikes, live timing is here: http://gaps.dakar.com/2015/dakar/stage-01/aso/ukie.php

Just change the 01 to whatever the stage is on the day you're looking at it :)

Also https://twitter.com/RallyRaidNews is worth watching.

Edit: Early problems for the reigning champion? Nani Roma has not come through CP1 yet which means by my calculations he has already lost over 20 minutes...

Edit 2: Roma has stopped after only 10km of the special with a mechanical problem according to twitter.

Last edited:
No matter how far off the pace the Pugs are, I have a feeling they'll just be in it at the end to snatch a win...

The start of the DAKAR is like a big party here in Argentina. Lots of people in the gather around the main streets to see the competors in the main roads of Buenos Aires.

There was a long walk to the entrance of Tecnópolis, the place where the technical revisions for the race happened. It was filled with lots of trucks.

I have found Tim Coronel and a truck at the same time in a highway. Unluckily, the camera took a really bad photo due to the movement of my hand filled overwhelming joy.

I really wish good luck to all drivers!

Nice seeing your pictures, especially the one from Tim's buggy ;).
Do you plan to visit some stages???

Peterhansel and Sainz are bound to put in a great performance.

I'll also be keeping an eye out for Tom and Tim Coronel :D
You won't have to look hard. He'll be the one with the cheesy helmet :lol:

Anyway, rooting for Pug to do well. A win is doubtful but to finish well is good enough for me. Vive la 2008 DKR

Nani Roma in the number 1 Mini is already out according a few sources :boggled:

Low oil pressure was the reason 10km into the special stage, he's waited for the support truck and has now made it through CP1 (Not sure whether that's under the power of the Mini or he's being towed), he's lost almost 4 hours so far with another 150km of the day to survive.

474x234_Roma_150104.jpg

@GOTMAXPOWER
Roma was behind his assistance truck.....and apparently stopped again for some reason.

EDIT: Stopped due to broken towing wire :ouch::ouch::ouch:

Last edited:
Al-attiyah doing the business for the Mini's so far, Gordon seems to have some pace too.

@ItGivesYouWings what's involved in spectating for the Dakar? Is there organised excursions to the stages? How expensive is it, or is it just the cost in getting out to the different areas?

Last edited:
Roma finally finished at +7:26,07.

Team orders for him once again, he will do assistance from now on. :lol::lol::lol:

First stage victory for Hans Stacy! :cheers:

Al-attiyah

@ItGivesYouWings what's involved in spectating for the Dakar? Is there organised excursions to the stages? How expensive is it, or is it just the cost in getting out to the different areas?

Spectating is free in certain areas, but you need quite some money to go from Argentina to Chile and Bolivia. The DAKAR official site offered some all inclusive trips, but they were only for the VIP pack.

Damn, after Roma's problems, Al-attiyah gets a 2 minute penalty for speeding, dropping him to 7th, though still just a few seconds ahead of Sainz in the faster of the two Peugeots. Orlando Terranova now leads the car class in his Mini, with Robbie Gordon up to second.

Damn, after Roma's problems, Al-attiyah gets a 2 minute penalty for speeding, dropping him to 7th, though still just a few seconds ahead of Sainz in the faster of the two Peugeots. Orlando Terranova now leads the car class in his Mini, with Robbie Gordon up to second.

Only the second day, so many things can still happen. Gordon looks strong, hopefully he doesn't mess it up this year.

Latest Posts

Back