Pit Entry Speed Limits - Track Listing

New Zealand
Auckland
blojoggs
After much searching, I still cannot find the official speed limit for entering the pit lane during a race.
In some tracks, a time hold penalty is awarded if your pit entry speed exceeds a certain limit.

Bigger picture;
I see this thread as eventually being a compiled list for each track in the game with additional info, such as penalties for curb hopping on pit entry, no limit, etc.

LATEST UPDATED LIST: (06/04/2015)

PLP_zpsinmfpzfw.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly, I believe the penalty system is broken in this game. I very rarely see it being used online anyway. Unless you are talking about the IRL regulations on that.

I think I am right in saying that different tracks have different pit lane speed limits. Generally narrower or shorter pit lanes have a lower limit than the one at say Indianapolis. It may depend on the car as well. I believe in IndyCar that most pit lanes are limited to 60mph.

I know that with certain pit entries if you enter via going off the track (Big Willow) or by going too quick (Trial Mountain?) then you will respawn and/or simply drive through without making a stop.

..................I gotta be honest here but I've never came across what the OP described before. Is this for offline?

I've had issues at Willow In the past and have found slowing to 100mph avoids any penalty. Yet you can fly over the gravel in the pit lane entrance at Sarthe and receive no penalty.

SSR5, Grand Valley Reverse and others seem to hold you for a long time in the pit lane if you enter too quickly or at the wrong angle as well.

Thanks so far, I have included a formal list, which I will update from time to time with valid information
Suzuka is 50 mph and I think most of them are.
Cheers, Pete

Edit: I see now that you are looking for pit entry speed, not the regulated pit speed, over which you cannot control. Hmmmm.

Would seem sensible to assume that the entry speed to avoid a time hold penalty is the regulated speed or at least close to it.

I've discovered that at Daytona Road Course. Roughly around 110 MPH is the magic number.
You'll sit for 10 seconds after the loll-pop goes up.

To play it safe I'm making sure I'm entering just under a 100. Hope this helps.

May need more drivers to test it.

Confirmed. Ran an enduro online the other day and took it at around 100, no issues. Took it full speed and was held up for 10 sec.

Thanks, big time. 👍
I'm planning on hosting a 2 hour version of this year's 24 hour race.
In our practice sessions we came up with the same conclusion.

So again thanks and to the OP. Don't let this thread die. :cheers:

You may have to add Daytona Road Course to the list

Confirmed. Ran an enduro online the other day and took it at around 100, no issues. Took it full speed and was held up for 10 sec.

Thanks, big time. 👍
I'm planning on hosting a 2 hour version of this year's 24 hour race.
In our practice sessions we came up with the same conclusion.

So again thanks and to the OP. Don't let this thread die. :cheers:

You may have to add Daytona Road Course to the list

Many thanks, list updated and Daytona Road Course added as separate track.

Anything to help. That's what we're here for. :cool:
To help others understand and enjoy Gran Turismo.

Don't let this thread die. :bowdown:

I have been racing tonight at Big Willow, there is definitely no penalty for overspeed into the pits (tested at 120mph+ the fastest the cars were capable of) and no-one in a lobby of 16 complained about drive through pens after odd entry angles, and there were definitely some odd angles :lol:

I have a couple that come to mind.
Circuit de la Sarthe 13.
I was enterng the pits sticking to the pit lane entry road.
Someone behind me opted for the cross-sand shortcut.
He collided with me and sent me flying into the pits.
Difficult to nail down whether it was considered 'speeding' or 'incorrect entry' though.
My best guess is incorrect entry.
Result was a drive-through.
Also Suzuka.
Ran one too many laps as the rain began to fall.
Limped to the pits looking to swap to wets.
Spun on the exit of the final chicane and essentially entered the pits out of control going backwards.
Clear 'incorrect entry' and the result was a drive-through.

I have been racing tonight at Big Willow, there is definitely no penalty for overspeed into the pits (tested at 120mph+ the fastest the cars were capable of) and no-one in a lobby of 16 complained about drive through pens after odd entry angles, and there were definitely some odd angles :lol:

Thank you sb360.
I suspect that the pit entry penalties may be dependent on the room penalty setting, possibly your room had the penalty set to "None".

This is worth checking out in each case

Just tested Daytona International Speedway with NASCAR and multiple room settings.

Confirmed 142kph / 88mph is the pit entry speed limit.
Exceed this and you will get a 10 second hold penalty added when the car is lowered off the jacks in the pit.

If you enter the pit lane from outside the boundary, you will get a drive-through.

Edit:
Just tested Daytona International Speedway with Open garage and got varied results:

Ford XR8 falcon @ 672pp Confirmed 146kph / 91mph is the pit entry speed limit.

Spyker C8 @ 526pp Confirmed 132kph / 82mph is the pit entry speed limit.

This opens up a can of worms? will test more cars and PP variations when time dictates

Edit:

Back at Daytona International Speedway with Open garage and got varied results:

Tested RedBull X2014 @ 964PP - 195kph / 121mph is the pit entry speed limit.

Tested Sprinter Trueno @ 400PP - 138kph / 86mph is the pit entry speed limit.

Last edited:
Reports that Red Bull Ring pit was pretty sensitive with giving the drive-thru treatment.
(We were racing non-tuned Mini Cooper '11)

This is a great idea for a database reference.

BTW: Does anyone know where I can find a general GT6 track chart w/ the track lengths and whether or not they have pit, that sort of thing?
I've looked around but I can't seem to find just a basic easy-reference list.
Appreciate the tip.

BTW: Does anyone know where I can find a general GT6 track chart w/ the track lengths and whether or not they have pit, that sort of thing?
I've looked around but I can't seem to find just a basic easy-reference list.
Appreciate the tip.

This list has the track types, lengths and which games they appear in. As for circuits with pit lanes, I cannot find one.

This week 2 different drivers had problems with multiple drive-throughs on 2 different Matterhorn tracks.

3 drive-throughs on Matterhorn Dristelen.
3 drive-throughs on Matterhorn Short Track.

Nobody else reported this problem.
And in viewing the replays, the drive-throughs happened despite the drivers NOT going very fast into the pit lane. They were not sideways or akimbo.
In one case the driver was in an untuned historic Mini Cooper and not going fast at all.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

At Tsukuba Circuit, There are signs with the number 40 at pit entrance. I believe that that's the speed limit for pit road. But the game will still bring you in at 50 mph or something.

I always thought this was just a glitch. If it isn't then its pretty ridiculous to have a rule like this without any notification.

After much searching, I still cannot find the official speed limit for entering the pit lane during a race.
In some tracks, a time hold penalty is awarded if your pit entry speed exceeds a certain limit.

Bigger picture;
I see this thread as eventually being a compiled list for each track in the game with additional info, such as penalties for curb hopping on pit entry, no limit, etc.

LATEST UPDATED LIST: (06/04/2015)

PLP_zpsinmfpzfw.jpg
What is TBC and the Y ? Maybe I missed it somewhere.

Back