LMP and Group C cars laptimes

• Thread starter BlueArtic
  • 41 comments

Which is your favourite LMP/Group C car?

• Bentley Speed 8

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Nissan R89C

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Nissan R92CP

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Toyota GT-One

• Toyota TS030 Hybrid

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Audi R8

• Audi R10

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Audi R18

• Peugeot 905

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Peugeot 908

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Mazda 787B

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • BMW V12 LMR

• Mercedes Sauber C9

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Jaguar XJR-9

• Toyota Minolta 88C-V

• Pescarolo Judd GV5

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Pescarolo C60 Hybrid

• Pescarolo C60

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Italy
Rome
JajoASR1927
hi guys, i'm new here, so please forgive me if i put this in the wrong section.

I always loved Le Mans cars, in fact i bought GT6 mainly because they are always availaible to buy, when in GT5 was very hard and boring to find them in the UCD. I started to play about the 1 of January, now after some seasonal and all Red Bull events (way too easy, i did 2:19 in Suzuka with pad in 3 attempts, with gold at 2:30, in GT5 i didn't get past bronze after uncountable tries) with the 200% bonus, along to have completed all the events of B and some of A and all the special events available, i earned about 20 milions, and i have spent some on LMP and Group C cars and tested them, for now only in two tracks with few cars, but i'll update this often, with new cars and tracks.

I don't know if someone is interested in this, but let's start :)

For now i tested only Cape Ring and Fuji Speedway F, all cars are at their stock settings, with only oli changed (exept for the Peugeot 908, which is an Arcade car)

Cape Ring

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 -- 2:09:687

BMW V12 LMR -- 2:12:568

Bentley Speed 8 '03 -- 2:13:216

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Team Peugeot Total '10 -- 2:15:159

Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) '99 -- 2:15:329

Audi R10 TDI '06 -- 2:15:932

Nissan R92CP '92 -- 2:16:087

Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 -- 2:16:277

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 -- 2:18:461

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 -- 2:25:809

Fuji Speedway F

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 -- 1:21:826

BMW V12 LMR -- 1:23:516

Nissan R92CP '92 -- 1:23:860

Bentley Speed 8 '03 -- 1:24:408

Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 -- 1:24:984

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Team Peugeot Total '10 -- 1:25:341

Audi R10 TDI '06 -- 1:26:107

Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) '99 -- 1:26:215

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 --
1:26:956

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 -- 1:29:070

Cars review:
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05:
OH MY GOD!!!! This car is overpowered!! Is just fast as the old cars, but has an incredible handling, it's somewhere between LMP and F1!! New favourite!

BMW V12 LMR: The thing that i love of this car is her stability, you can tail-brake, counter steer and cornering without any problem. Has even a decent speed, pretty much equal to the Bentley. For a super lap i would take the C60 Hybrid, but for an endurance the BMW is the best, as far as i tested.

Bentley Speed 8: Exellent car is just slighty slower than R92CP or XJR-9 but has an awesome handling, on par with TS030 and 908.

Audi R10 TDI: Very calm car, you will get wheelspin only in first two gears, it has a very smooth handling, and feels like a pleasure cruise. One thing, if you install a High RPM Turbo she became a 1270 CV beast :embarrassed: (almost Double power)

Nissan R92CP: this car in one word? FAST!!! Has an unbeliveable torque, and an even better top speed, the handling is worse than newer cars, but on fast tracks is unbeataeble, in fact on Fuji i destroyed other cars.

Toyota GT-ONE: i know this is a GT1 car, but did you looked it? It's a LMP and times show it. It's very similar to the Speed 8, i don't know why my laptimes are so much slower then the Bentley, but it's a pleasure to drive.

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP: Good car, but doesn't have enough speed to fight with older cars, i will try Montecarlo next, probably there, will be a close fight between this, Speed 8, GT-ONE and TS030.

Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92: Very good car, is fast on straight and is the only one that remain stable if you brake hard when turning (discovered today in 24 minutes of Daytona, where with every other car i often spun at first corner), sometimes is a bit unpredictable when turning, but she gives you enough time to regain control.

Toyota TS030: Good handling, but very low power, more than 50 km/h difference at the end of the Fuji straight against R92CP (363 vs 311), this makes it the easiest car to drive.

Jaguar XJR-9: Last and least :P. This car is MASSIVE slower than the others, i don't know if with the setup you can improve it, but 12 seconds of difference in 7 KM is a huge difference. It's very fast on straight, can fight with the R92CP, but every turn is a pain, it feels like a 2000 Kg car, probably is just too old and doesn't have good aerodynamic.

I tested cars with the DS3 with Racing Soft, ABS set to 1, and automatic gearbox, all other aids are off.

If i made some mistakes, i'm sorry i'm just a 17 years old Italian ;).

Last edited:
Try using Racing Hard, and you'll see how fun they are to drive.

In my experience, the Peugeot 908 is one of the best-handling cars in its class. The TS030 fares well on technical tracks. The Pescarolos perform well too.

Try using Racing Hard, and you'll see how fun they are to drive.

In my experience, the Peugeot 908 is one of the best-handling cars in its class. The TS030 fares well on technical tracks. The Pescarolos perform well too.

Thanks, i will try tomorrow! Right now i think the best handling is the TS030, but i'm not sure if is because of the low power, anyway which car do you suggest for my next buy? I was thinking at one of Pescarolos (which?) or the 905B, but even the C9 is... Interesting :D

Sorry for the delay guys, i was very busy with homework and girlfriend (if you know what i mean xD) but now that the first part of school year is over, i have more free time to spend on GT6 :).

I bought a Chaparral 2J, but i'm not going to add it to the list because isn't a LMS car, but on Fuji i was an half second behind the R92CP.

Anyway i decided that my next Le Mans car will be the Audi R8 '01, but before i want finish the career, than i will start to grind money in the X2014 Standard Championship ;)

Oh, and i decided to add a poll, let me know if i forgot some cars.

Last edited:
The Sauber C9 and the 787 were my go to grind machines in GT5. I recently discovered the Mazda VGT is so much fun to drive with this group. The Chaparal 2X is overkill in the Like The Wind events.

The Sauber C9 and the 787 were my go to grind machines in GT5. I recently discovered the Mazda VGT is so much fun to drive with this group. The Chaparal 2X is overkill in the Like The Wind events.

I never drived the C9, but i used the 787B in GT4 (or 3? I was very young, i don't remember well) and in GT5, was pretty good in GT5 but i was more noob and i used ASM, SRF, TCS and all that S&#T, of the Mazda VGT i love the sound, and i'm very fast with it, but i don't like to use fake cars, i hate, instead, the 2X, mainly because of the lack of downforce at low speed, that makes hard to choose the correct speed to do a turn.

Figured the new hybrid be up there on the poll. :) I don't race much LMP, so I chose my favorite looking car. And it is fun to tune it for a 2 speed drag car. :)

As somebody else said try one of the Pescarolos they are good all rounders maybe slightly biased to technical tracks.
Bentley is a good all rounder, 787B fun sounds great, wish GT One was a premium something about the way it looks.
Seem to remember the BMW is a bit of a surprise as well.

Try using Monza no chicane or Mount Panorama for long straights, Monza is pretty short I think.

As somebody else said try one of the Pescarolos they are good all rounders maybe slightly biased to technical tracks.
Bentley is a good all rounder, 787B fun sounds great, wish GT One was a premium something about the way it looks.
Seem to remember the BMW is a bit of a surprise as well.

Try using Monza no chicane or Mount Panorama for long straights, Monza is pretty short I think.

Thanks for the advices, my objective is to collect all Le Mans cars, so soon or later i will get them all :D (and some GT1 like R390 and Esperante), then i will try them, after Fuji and Cape Ring i think that i will continue to alternate with one fast and one technic track, probably my next couple will be Monza No Chicane and Montecarlo (opposites attract, you know :D)

Thanks for the advices, my objective is to collect all Le Mans cars, so soon or later i will get them all :D (and some GT1 like R390 and Esperante), then i will try them, after Fuji and Cape Ring i think that i will continue to alternate with one fast and one technic track, probably my next couple will be Monza No Chicane and Montecarlo (opposites attract, you know :D)
And CLK GTR its also GT1 car, oh McLaren F1 GTR :D

As your having big probs with the Jag try tuning it to see if it helps reduce lap times, below is a rough tune.

Height 70 70
Spring 17.89 16.67
Dam Com 2 3
Dam Ext 3 3
A-Roll 1 3
Camber 0.5 0.5 or 0 0 your choice
Toe -0.13 0.30*

LSD
Init 15
Acc 10
Brake 18**

Gears
Slide final gear all the way to right
Set speed all the way left
Gears
1-2.429
2-1.817
3-1.402
4-1.116
5-0.913
Set Final Gear to 2.70 = 247mph ***
Slide further right for lower top speed & better acceleration. 2.4+ at a guess

*Increase to stop rear sliding out or decrease for slightly better turn in.
**This can make quite a big difference to the way the car tucks in if you lift the throttle.
*** If I remember correctly 1st gear is set quite tall to minimise wheel spin.

Credits tuned this very quickly ages ago, pretty sure it was based on a tune by H&B, may even be it verbatim as I like his work.

As your having big probs with the Jag try tuning it to see if it helps reduce lap times, below is a rough tune.

Height 70 70
Spring 17.89 16.67
Dam Com 2 3
Dam Ext 3 3
A-Roll 1 3
Toe -0.13 0.30*

LSD
Init 15
Acc 10
Brake 18**

Gears
Gears
1-2.429
2-1.817
3-1.402
4-1.116
5-0.913

**This can make quite a big difference to the way the car tucks in if you lift the throttle.

Credits tuned this very quickly ages ago, pretty sure it was based on a tune by H&B, may even be it verbatim as I like his work.

Thank you, i will try it today when i back from school ;)

Depends... at what PP??

At unlimited PP... perhaps the Bentley or the 908.

At 700PP it has to be the Peugeot 905.

At 650PP it's the Audi R18.

At 620PP the Toyota TS030 is king.

Depends... at what PP??

At unlimited PP... perhaps the Bentley or the 908.

At 700PP it has to be the Peugeot 905.

At 650PP it's the Audi R18.

At 620PP the Toyota TS030 is king.
In the poll i mean whatever you like :), in fact a lot of people voted for the TS030, but i think that no one can beat a Speed 8 with it ;) (at least with standard setup)

Height 70 70
Spring 17.89 16.67
Dam Com 2 3
Dam Ext 3 3
A-Roll 1 3
Toe -0.13 0.30*

LSD
Init 15
Acc 10
Brake 18**

Gears
Gears
1-2.429
2-1.817
3-1.402
4-1.116
5-0.913

This was really better than before, i beated the TS030 on Fuji and get much closer to it in Cape Ring (+2.7XX) , i won't add these times because i want to have only stock cars in the leaderboard, but thanks a lot ;)

Last edited:
In the poll i mean whatever you like :), in fact a lot of people voted for the TS030, but i think that no one can beat a Speed 8 with it ;) (at least with standard setup)

In what PP? Pretty sure that no other LMP car stands a chance against the TS030 in 600 to 620PP, because you have to down-tune them so much.

This was really better than before, i beated the TS030 on Fuji and get much closer to it in Cape Ring (+2.7XX) , i won't add these times because i want to have only stock cars in the leaderboard, but thanks a lot ;)

No Problem (ignore the above post Gremlins in the machine)

Hm... then I dont think its fair at all to compare certain models which can have massive PP differences.

Yes, you are right, probably i didn't explained well, my objective is not find the fastest car in a PP range, but the fastest overall, i know it's not fair to compare a 1000 HP R92CP to a TS030. Probably after i get satisfied with these testings i will try all of them at 600PP ;)

Sorry, my english is not perfect, :lol: what did you mean?
In dealership all LMP have around 600 hp like in real life but when you buy it there power is increased. Toyota GT one in dealership have 600 hp, and when you buy it and go to car settings it has around 780, with oil change it has 802 hp. Same is for other LMPs and Group C prototypes... :)

In dealership all LMP have around 600 hp like in real life but when you buy it there power is increased. Toyota GT one in dealership have 600 hp, and when you buy it and go to car settings it has around 780, with oil change it has 802 hp. Same is for other LMPs and Group C prototypes... :)
Oh i got it now! :D
I know i shouldn't do the oil change, but when i bought my first LMP (TS030) i did it, so i decided to do it for all cars. I don't understand this thing to increase/decrease the power after you buy a car, the Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 lose more than 50HP against the Team Phoenix one but in dealership they are equal. But i really don't like their livery :lol:.

Back