• 34 comments

Should Johnny1996 buy the Prius TC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
GTP_Johnny1996
IMG_20150119_163129_649~2.jpg

The Toyota Prius Touring Car is perhaps one of the more unexpected and oddball cars to grace a Gran Turismo game. It first appeared in GT5 as DLC, and it got carried over to GT6. With the relatively recent new Formula E racing series, I've lately gotten a kick for electric racecars. While I don't think that the Prius TC is electric, its road-going counterpart is.

I'm torn between buying the car or just letting it stay in the dealerships. I can't reach a decision on my own, so I'm putting the choice in the hands of the GTPlanet community. Cut and dry, plain and simple, my question to everyone out there is this:

Should I buy the Prius Touring Car or not?

There you guys go. Its a simple yes or no question, so go ahead and vote to help me reach an answer. For now, happy voting, and I'll see you on the track. :cheers:

It's cheap, it's fun why not 👍

I'm debating which car I should buy between Ford GT40, Ferrari 330, Ferrari 250GTO, 250GT or the Muira either way I could just buy the 250GTO and GT40 since they seem to be the best

..........I'm an Anti-Prius guy as one can get, so a Hell No is in the order. HOWEVER, if GT6's Prius race car actually mimicked the real world Prius race car - which happened to feature a hefty V8 - then I'd say why not, it's your (digital) money.... :D

No, mainly due to the CVT 'box. I raced one in a round of a variety one-make tuning prohibited series several months ago and it was just awful.

Well I see the vote is even now. You know, I just sold this over the weekend. Even with the aero set at its lowest, the thing is just plain slow. It really needs a normal tranny.

Well I see the vote is even now. You know, I just sold this over the weekend. Even with the aero set at its lowest, the thing is just plain slow. It really needs a normal tranny.
This. Thing is, the Honda Insight can get one. I can't see why the Prius isn't allowed one.

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this so far. As I type this, the vote is 14 Yes to 12 No. I will wait until February 1st before making a final decision based on the voting. For those who haven't voted or contributed yet as I type this, that's obviously okay. I noticed that someone above mentioned the CR-Z Touring Car; I'm actually going to buy that car soon. Anyway, thanks for the contributions thus far, and just like always, I'll see you on the track. :cheers:

For those who haven't voted or contributed yet as I type this, that's obviously okay. :cheers:
Gee, thanks for your forgiveness.

I'm stunned there's a poll and end-of-the-month waiting period for such an inexpensive "car" in this game economy.

I hate Priuses with a passion. But if you're interested, buy it and try it! If you don't like it, restore to your last gamesave, and it's gone! Or sell it! Or throw it in the stockyard and spend two minutes behind the wheel of another car to replenish the credits. But start a thread and a poll???

I was debating to buy this car, so thanks for the poll 👍
Jbaffoh, I see what you mean. But I can still see why the poll has been made, as some may say its a debate to which if the car is worth getting, forgetting how much it costs ;)
As for me, I could easily buy it tomorrow and see if I like it. if I do, great, if I don't, I would say "should have checked gtplanet before wasting my time" :lol:
Having said that, every car is different for everyone, I guess I should actually try this car, because I would like to give you a response johnny

It's a fun car to show off and joke around with. But if you intend on racing, not the best choice. If I remember correctly, it has horrible understeer.

Unless you're willing to use ballast weight to change balance, sway bar tuning and other set up tweaks, it's slow and single speed is awkward.

So, no. Unless you have the money to play with it for a bit.

CRZ

I bought one the other day just for kicks. Kinda funny to look at but, as others have said, it doesn't hold anything in the form of performance.

Straight from the dealership into the Garage:

Prius TC
201 hp / 5,700 rpm
189 ft-lb / 5,200 rpm
1,035 kg (2,282 lbs)
443 PP

CR-Z TC
199 hp / 6,900 rpm
183 ft-lb / 2,400 rpm
910 kg (2,006 lbs)
442 PP

At Laguna Seca, on Comfort Hard tires, best of 5 laps:

1:49.570 - Honda CR-Z Touring Car
1:49.930 - Toyota Prius Touring Car

The better car is the CR-Z, but not by as much as you'd expect. The Prius takes a miracle to achieve 1:49 on this track, while in the CR-Z you can afford one or two very minor screw-ups. With a wheel setup, I'd say the Prius would still be a 1:49 car while the CR-Z could do 1:48

In-car replays:

Nice one Suzuki! yeah, I thought it would be a much bigger time gap than that, watching the clips the pruis looks, lets say 'lazy and sluggish', the one gear does not help. it looks fairly stable though, I think that's how it gets a fairly close lap time :cool:

Its officially February 1st where I'm at right now, so a decision is to come. I will wait until I get up in the morning and check the poll results to find the answer. The current results are 28 Yes to 20 No, so its close. Until then, just like last time, thanks for all the replies given thus far. I'll also buy the CR-Z TC upon firing up the game.

There's been the question asked of why this even needs a thread, and the answer is simply just what I said in the OP; I can't reach a decision on my own, and I've chose to let the community decide. Plus, at least this isn't a whining about and hating on GT and/or Kaz and co. thread. That's a nice change of pace, albeit very small, if you ask me. :)

Just checked the vote, and this is what I see:

Screenshot_2015-02-01-12-24-48.png

With that, I will in fact be buying the car, as well as the CR-Z. :)

Thanks for the replies guys. :cheers:

Back