Most shocking car?

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 47 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
What is your most shocking car? Top speed, handling, etc.

For me, it was a Griffth 500. I was racing arcade with a Corvette C7 on Route X. I was battling with a Viper '13. It crushes a ZR1 easily, but that Griffth creep me out. It always taunt me and the Viper. Considering the HP it does staggering.

Most shocking car?

Have to be the Tesla imo.

BaDumTss.png

Realistically, the Red Bull cars.

Seriously who cares? Nah just kidding; the Peugeot 908 because it's so much faster than all of modern LMP's

Shocking in the sense of surprising after the surprise:
I'd have to agree with @SuzukaStar that the Renault Sport R5 Turbo Rallye '85 isn't one of the easier cars to handle. At least you need a good tune or good concentration/what-have-you (RH?) to make it around The Ring without flying sideways into a wall (exiting, ie. on _straights_).

..........Ford GT Concept. "Normal" GTs are actually very good. But this one shocked me like a gawddang electric eel.
Still can't get the rear to settle down even after all this time tryin' to tune it.....

There was a lot of hype surrounding the 2X. It was shockingly bad in comparison to the hype it delivered. As for what car I bought and then I realised how terrible it was, probably the Audi R18. It behaves horribly.

Shockingly Bad - Diablo (Road)
Looks so good, but looks are not everything.... but it is so pretty you give it another go

Shockingly Good - LCC Rocket
I was really looking forward to this car when I plugged in GT6 the first time and watched the intro Movie... but when I first got to pedal it... I had high expectations but that car was a just so much better than other cars... perfect car balance, predictable but responsive without having to hype yourself up on Orange Juice (Other stimulants are available)

After using 582 cars in the Nürburg 24' races (wet-dark) these cars come to mind, not being fastest or slowest, just the way they handle and overall feeling:

Shockingly bad:
- Cizeta V16T (absolute 🤬)
- Lancia Stratos Rally Car (most of the time, the rear end thinks it has to be in front)
- Lamborghini Reventon (really nasty car)

Shockingly good:
- Ferrari 330 P4 (1969) - (drives like a dream and is pretty fast too, even compared to modern race cars)
- Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) - (no surprises, drives on rails and is really fast)
- Mazda LM55 Vision (while it is not a real car, I wanted to leave it out, but it is so good !)

*** Special note for the two Subaru Impreza's (Cusco Dunlop and GT300 Base model): their exhaust is located in the front left of the car. Driving "bumper cam" (which is really third eye inside the car), you can see them backfire when going down in gears. Spectacular especially at night. Love to drive them, they have excellent handling too.

@hardvibes
@Ryk
I agree both Diablo's are rather difficult to drive fast, but good tunes help a lot and make them rather nice cars.

EDIT: using only Race Hard tires

Last edited:
After using 582 cars in the Nürburg 24' races (wet-dark) these cars come to mind, not being fastest or slowest, just the way they handle and overall feeling:

Shockingly bad:
- Cizeta V16T (absolute 🤬)
- Lancia Stratos Rally Car (most of the time, the rear end thinks it has to be in front)
- Lamborghini Reventon (really nasty car)

Shockingly good:
- Ferrari 330 P4 (1969) - (drives like a dream and is pretty fast too, even compared to modern race cars)
- Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) - (no surprises, drives on rails and is really fast)
- Mazda LM55 Vision (while it is not a real car, I wanted to leave it out, but it is so good !)

*** Special note for the two Subaru Impreza's (Cusco Dunlop and GT300 Base model): their exhaust is located in the front left of the car. Driving "bumper cam" (which is really third eye inside the car), you can see them backfire when going down in gears. Spectacular especially at night. Love to drive them, they have excellent handling too.

@hardvibes
@Ryk
I agree both Diablo's are rather difficult to drive fast, but good tunes help a lot and make them rather nice cars.

What tyres did you use on the Cizeta out of curiosity. On RS most cars are going have 🤬 handling.

I find the GT3 category cars (R35 GT3, Audi R8 LMS) are divine on RS. But then again they are race cars and not road.

Well RS tyres emphasise a cars bad handling. Drive a Cizeta on RS and you'll find horror snap oversteer central. Drive identical stock car on SS and it is a pretty fun car with a bit of oversteer but that is quite controllable.

Well RS tyres emphasise a cars bad handling. Drive a Cizeta on RS and you'll find horror snap oversteer central. Drive identical stock car on SS and it is a pretty fun car with a bit of oversteer but that is quite controllable.

I dread whenever I have to use MR haha.

I used to be afraid of the 2000 Diablo GT. I just couldn't keep her driving in a straight line on a course like Nordschleife. Either my skills have improved or PD changed something with the car because I spent a lot of time ripping that car up around Grand Valley Speedway yesterday and I had a blast. She still likes to slide a lot on Sport Hard tires, but that's just something to deal with via very careful throttle and steering wheel controls.

The Lancia Stratos and the Cizeta V16T are probably the most shocking cars I own in their stock configurations. I have to drive them like an old lady in order to keep the nose pointing in the direction I am travelling. Personally, I don't mind driving some of the more challenging cars. It seems to add some excitement to the game, especially when you start nailing clean laps in a car that you usually struggle with, but those two cars are in another league altogether.

The Dodge Neon and the Eagle Talon. I was shocked when I upgraded the cars and they turned from boring hunks of junk into pretty fun racing machines. It's one of the things that still draws me in to GT games, turning every day old cars into racers.

I used to be afraid of the 2000 Diablo GT. I just couldn't keep her driving in a straight line on a course like Nordschleife. Either my skills have improved or PD changed something with the car because I spent a lot of time ripping that car up around Grand Valley Speedway yesterday and I had a blast. She still likes to slide a lot on Sport Hard tires, but that's just something to deal with via very careful throttle and steering wheel controls.

The Lancia Stratos and the Cizeta V16T are probably the most shocking cars I own in their stock configurations. I have to drive them like an old lady in order to keep the nose pointing in the direction I am travelling. Personally, I don't mind driving some of the more challenging cars. It seems to add some excitement to the game, especially when you start nailing clean laps in a car that you usually struggle with, but those two cars are in another league altogether.

You are doing well in GVS in Diablo just because it has no bumps or "wrong" turns. Nordshleife is nightmare for firm suspension settings like Diablo's so. Try the Deep Forest or Trial Mountain tracks in Diablo.

Citroen C5 V6 Exclusive. It may have a dodgy gearbox, but it handles brilliantly! Especially with a good tune.

The Ford RS200 was, in good and bad ways, shocking, especially for an all wheel driver.

Scrap that!

When you drive it stock and live, you've been..

THUNDERSTRUCK!

In other Ford news, some would say the Mustang Boss was such an excellent drive, that SPD has 5 of them.

And we know how much of a surprise the Focus RS has been to our online experience.

It has to be the Stratos (in any guise) for me. I don't think I've ever managed a good clean lap with it. A proper fighter.

The biggest shock I got from a car in GT6 was actually from a Corvette! The oldest one in the game, the C1. Seriously, the transmission consists of TWO gears. Shockingly bad racing it stock, but it can still handle the AI cars in some events. Just not on the straights.

Seriously, I tried shifting into third gear and figured I messed it up. So I put the clutch in, shifted back into neutral, then tried 3rd again. The car stayed in second. I thought my shifter was broken! Then I tried with the paddle shifters on my G25. No 3rd gear. Tried going down to first and had no problem. My hardware worked fine. Really couldn't believe there was no 3rd gear!

Back