Force India VJM08 launch

prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
Williams has already broken cover on the FW37, and now it's Force India's turn later tonight, with a launch planned for Mexico City.

However, there is some degree of confusion as to what is being launched, as the team have confirmed that the car will not be present at the first test, so it's possibly just a livery launch for now.

So it could possibly be this years livery on last years car? Or some of this years car? Yeah there is confusion for sure.

At the moment, it's believed to be a livery launch. The location has led to speculation that they have done a big deal with Carlos Slim.

Livery:

B74l6xVCIAABMPK_zps028fac61.jpg

jm1521ja02.jpg

jm1521ja03.jpg

jm1521ja04.jpg

jm1521ja35.jpg

jm1521ja64.jpg

Last edited:
Other than the fact the entire front nose and wing is different than last year, are we sure this is the vjm08 since this was said to only be a livery launch? I mean the rest of it looks pretty much like the 07.

Your're right, edited post.

Other than the fact the entire front nose and wing is different than last year, are we sure this is the vjm08 since this was said to only be a livery launch? I mean the rest of it looks pretty much like the 07.

I am confused, this is a Livery launch but the car has a new nose, so is it a Livery and nose launch :lol:

Meh.

Much prefer the white on the force India, quite busy sponsor wise tho so hopefully they won't be having cash flow issues.

I wonder why there is no sign at all of who provides the power unit. Really unusual in recent times, the last team that I remember doing that was probably Brawn GP, 6 years ago.

The FI livery needs some green, after being used to seeing white in the livery the dull silver makes the car look like it needs cleaning.

This looks completely better than the Williams, I love this new livery they have going on. The question is though, will it be a podium finisher again?

Anybody else notice that they have pinched two sponsors - NEC and Jose Cuevo - from Sauber? With Sauber no longer fielding a Mexican driver, Force India is the obvious choice for them to back, but it's got to hurt Hinwil.

However, Sauber will have substantial backing from the likes of Banco do Brasil thanks to Felipe Nasr and the other sponsorship that Marcus Ericsson brings in. Rumours are that it's around €20 million apiece, which would certainly aid their finances somewhat.

---

I think that new livery looks fantastic, personally. Moreover, the nose is a take on Williams' anteater from last season, which proved to be a very innovative design - hopefully that will pay dividends to Mallya's team.

I don't think that is the 2015 spec nose on the 2014 car. To me it looks like they've just put a vanity panel over last years nose, they look very similar; the height, length and wing supports are all the same. It's also sporting the 2012 rear wing, including the beam wing which has been illegal since last year. Love the livery, anyhow. Nice and clean lines.

Back