Menu Music For Gran Turismo SPORT/7

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 309 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
In conjunction to the UI Fan Art thread, music also plays an important role to the presentation of a UI.

Music is what sets the mood and makes the experience of menu scrolling not only great but memorable. Even to such moments like buying a car or winning an event and the experience of such feeling like a real achievement.

In one my 'The Future of GT' videos, I mentioned that maybe it would be good if a bunch of artists got together (Especially budding ones), got a brief and just had a jam session to make a game menu soundtrack that should be duly noted. Which I think is a really good idea because it seems video game soundtracks have been lacking as of late.

Makoto and Isamu Ohira are great but I think it's also time to make mentions of others

So in this thread, post what kinds of music or mostly artists that you think will capture the essence of Gran Turismo through different modes if they were asked to make music for the game.

Here's my contribution.

Hajime Yoshizawa would be great for his funky jazz beats. He can capture the upbeat tempos that can be found in games like GT3 and GT2
This piece of his music for the Dealerships. To me it says "Let's go shopping and buy something"

Rise me up for main menu scrolling

Evil Needle can capture more of the Feels moments as well relaxing moments. He's a budding artist from France and I think it would be great if he could create something for GT
So Fly could be mixed for the Home Garage and Gallery. Maybe even an Autovista of sorts

Light Ray for Autovista or Event Creator.

So what are your contributions?

Last edited:
I also got a great Evil Needle song for GT7.

I think this song definitely has some GT4 touches in it. That's why I picked this song. Might be good for the main menu. :)

It's got the Chrono Trigger vibes to it :dopey:

Another menu track from Hajime Yoshizawa . Would be great for the Go Race Menu. Would need a Gran Turismo Mix version but it can work

It's likely that we might be hearing MAKOTO, I don't mind but we need Masairoh Andoh and Isamu Ohira!

The first and last songs in that mix are from MAKOTO, the rest are different artists. However it's a nice mix :cheers: Would be nice for the race soundtrack

I want this for Arcade Mode. It has a GT feel yet the song is from WipEout.

Plenty nice for Arcade 👍

Anyone remember this game's music? Jazzy to the max! Would be nice to see a tailor made soundtrack like this for GT7

The first and last songs in that mix are from MAKOTO, the rest are different artists. However it's a nice mix :cheers: Would be nice for the race soundtrack

Plenty nice for Arcade 👍

Anyone remember this game's music? Jazzy to the max! Would be nice to see a tailor made soundtrack like this for GT7

I LOVED IT. Like a cartoon version of GT. With awesome car customization. I love that music!

Should PD rather go with a modernized but dependent on pace Japanese Jazz/Rnb style or stick with what they have now?

Something modern and nice like this would be cool. Listen specifically to the 3rd song : All I want is you

This is an excellent thread. That is all.

Seriously though, I think that the menu music from GT3 made half of the game for me. It wasn't until GT4 that I began to appreciate the fantastic racing qualities that GT had. But I haven't played that game in what feels like years and I still find myself humming a good deal of the menu music here and there.

I will return with some worthy contributions, but everything I've heard so far in this thread, 👍👍👍.

One of my favourites was Soul of Garage.
Here's a HiFi version from the GT2 OST:

That bass-led composition is a feature of much of GT's music in the past, and as a bass player, I'd quite like that to continue. :D

It's interesting how it changed from version to version; GT4 was hugely different, swapping the bass lead and multistops for keys and guitars, with the bass "relegated" to bass, whilst GT3 was also quite a different composition, yet it stuck with layering three "bass" parts:

One of my favourites was Soul of Garage.
Here's a HiFi version from the GT2 OST:

That bass-led composition is a feature of much of GT's music in the past, and as a bass player, I'd quite like that to continue. :D

It's interesting how it changed from version to version; GT4 was hugely different, swapping the bass lead and multistops for keys and guitars, with the bass "relegated" to bass, whilst GT3 was also quite a different composition, yet it stuck with layering three "bass" parts:

Ah yes the ye olde GT2 home garage ost, really caught the feeling of being at home and going through your garage. So something like this would work now then would a bass guitar? Care to make your own rendition for GT7 purposes? :sly:

Beautyfull topic, one can find some good music here...(^^

Different tastes come together and I love it! :dopey:

@CAMAROBOY69 mentioned this game to me, then I Youtubed some OST, my word this is nice. Sounds like this style of Lounge music can fit in GT, kinda like the Tourist Trophy OST

Ah yes the ye olde GT2 home garage ost, really caught the feeling of being at home and going through your garage. So something like this would work now then would a bass guitar? Care to make your own rendition for GT7 purposes? :sly:

I'm not sure; I think the major challenge is that it was simply composed, and then "performed" by a sampler. That might not be so acceptable these days, because it'd sound like a sampler. Actually performing it on a real instrument is a different thing. I think that might make tracks like it less amenable to inclusion, it's technically very demanding.

I transcribed parts of the GT3 version some time ago, and a couple of bars of the GT2 version, but I've lost most of it (except the bits I remember, that is). I could re-do it and complete it; it's almost what you'd call a "study piece". Somewhat tricky to transcribe (or learn by ear), never mind actually play well. It could be playable for me in simplified form; I might get around to that one day. :P
A GTP cover band or three ought to be good fun.

There's plenty of jazz, funk, bossa, etc. stuff in GT6 that is technically interesting, as well as just pleasant to listen to, so I guess it's not a great loss exactly, as long as that continues to the next game.

I think the Jazz-Lounge soundtrack works very well. I would add some rock songs from know bands and maybe some country music.

Back