Concept Cars

United States
Houston, TX
realtexan
This thread doesn't specifically focus on the VGT cars, but it's more about the other concept cars that are in the game that's not part of the VGT project. It seems like most of them aren't allowed in online lobbies and nobody really talks about them. I find most of these cars in the game to be unique since not only they have a distinctive look, but some of them perform really well like the Suzuki GS/X, Tommykaira ZZII, Volkswagen Nardo, Pikes Peak Quattro for a SUV, and even the original GT-R Concept with a good tune. Anyone else enjoy using concept cars?

This thread doesn't specifically focus on the VGT cars, but it's more about the other concept cars that are in the game that's not part of the VGT project. It seems like most of them aren't allowed in online lobbies and nobody really talks about them. I find most of these cars in the game to be unique since not only they have a distinctive look, but some of them perform really well like the Suzuki GS/X, Tommykaira ZZII, Volkswagen Nardo, Pikes Peak Quattro for a SUV, and even the original GT-R Concept with a good tune. Anyone else enjoy using concept cars?
Ever since GT4, I've become quite fascinated with concept cars. I love each and every one of them...I just wish they were balanced correctly.
My favorite concept car in the game is the Honda HSC. I have quite a few wins in that thing with the tuning setup I made for it. :)

...........This one's easy: Tommy Kaira ZZII. Won many career races with this vehicle. Overpowered. Can enter pretty much any race. Super-stable. Blindingly quick. Need I say more??

The Dodge Copperhead concept car was quite elusive it seemed in GT1/2, I felt accomplished when I won that car.

(I think I won it, can't even remember that long ago now haha)

The Dodge Copperhead concept car was quite elusive it seemed in GT1/2, I felt accomplished when I won that car.

(I think I won it, can't even remember that long ago now haha)

I loved that car, though I think you could buy that one from the dealership (at least in GT1)?

There was also the very fast Ford GT90.

In GT6, one of the fastest low PP cars in my opinion is the Mitshibushi i-Concept. I also like to use the Audi Pikes Peak Quattro SUV in the 500-550pp range, you can put up a pretty competitive fight in that honking great big thing. Of course it should be painted in matte pink in such an occasion. :mischievous:

Although it was the intention, the ZZ II never went into production, so essentially the car that was built is a concept.

Source

But unfortunately, the ZZII never made it into production to prove itself....
However, fate has decided that the one or two ZZIIs that exist today as concept cars... will remain just that.

This is the definition of a concept car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_car

The ZZ II is not a true concept car as it was an already existing car that was modified by a car tuning company. Even though they may not have been massed produced because the company went out of business, that does not make it a concept, rather a one off tuner car. There is a difference.

I think it is great that GT has always included concept cars. I'd like to see some more make it into GT7.

Chevrolet Mako Shark Corvette I & II
Ford Shelby Cobra & GR-1
Ford GT90
Dodge Copperhead
Cadillac Sixteen
Alpine A110-50
Peugeot Onyx
Jaguar C-X75
Alfa Romeo Pandion
Pininfarina Ferrari Mythos
Nissan IDx
Others....