Whos Tunes are good for online racing?

• Thread starter Marc30599
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
Marc30599
I have had trouble winning most races online with my cars and they all run with Praiano's specific tune for each car and I end up losing mostly last or close to it... What gives?

I agree with PJTierney above regarding Motor City Hami and Praiano63, but I would add Arrakis Speedshop by @feydrautha.

I hardly do any online except championships and friends race meetings. Check out:

Wide Boots GT 1.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...0-gmt-join-us-mr-fast-or-captain-slow.312797/

I don't know what kind of tunes these people make that you use for your cars; but if they don't help you out, then they don't sound too good. I tune my cars all the time, and they turn out to be beasts on any track. Granted, I spend around fourty-five minutes to two hours tuning each car, but it's worth it with the end result.

I'm not well known around the tuning forums since I used to post some tunes after GT6 came out. But I have seen people compliment my tunes from over a year ago. Let me tell you, those tunes are nothing compared to what mine look like now. I always drive with all the driving aids off, so you can guarantee that a car from me will handle like it should when another person drives it.

If you would like me to, I'll make a tune for the car you need to win races. Just give me the car and restrictions, and I'll make one that best fits it. :)

If you can't win with Praiano or Hami tunes, then the tune isn't the problem.
I use their tunes mostly Priano's but the host sets uneven pp limits such as 680, 585, 620 how do I deal with that? Do I adjust the tune to fit the pp limit and if I do that will it mess up the tune?

Practice, do a lot of practice races with the PP range that you usually use, pick a track where you are often losing, set a 3 or 5 lap race, run it yourself several times. Use the best car that you have the tune for.
Make a note of the best lap on each race, try to improve your time. This only good for solo run ( when you are leading ), if you want to polish your race craft ( braking bumper to bumper, side by side or overtaking or defending position ), you need to join race clubs or leagues which are on your skill level.
This is a good place to start, they are nice to chat, clean and courteous drivers :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/crap-casual-racing-group.229656/

Another alternative is to do offline race against AI, use the super licence races, the ones with tire wear ( mile challenge and minutes races ), try to win by being clean, no contact and reduce power if necessary to make it harder, this will help you when being stuck in the middle of the pack or overtaking other racers. Picking lines and know when to back off, or when to put pressure :)

Tunes don't make winners, drivers do :) You can have the best tune in the world, and if you got sloppy or falter under pressure on a tight packed racing, it's over :D If you want to know if a tune is good, enable tire wear on very fast, do 3 or 5 laps race, see how the car perform on last lap. A good well rounded tune will be still forgiving even with reduced grip from worn out tire, of course this only applies if you race with tire wear on.

I use their tunes mostly Priano's but the host sets uneven pp limits such as 680, 585, 620 how do I deal with that? Do I adjust the tune to fit the pp limit and if I do that will it mess up the tune?

If you can't find a car with the exact PP limit as set, pick (a tuned) one that's just slightly above. Then, fiddle with the power limiter and/or the balast weight until you get to the fixed PP limit. I prefer using the power limiter, as it's a quick & easy fix; the balast can actually help you more, but since it alters the balance of your car, you'll need to know exactly what you're doing. In the end, re-adjust your gearbox final gear so that it matches your car's new performance level.

If you can't find a car with the exact PP limit as set, pick (a tuned) one that's just slightly above. Then, fiddle with the power limiter and/or the balast weight until you get to the fixed PP limit. I prefer using the power limiter, as it's a quick & easy fix; the balast can actually help you more, but since it alters the balance of your car, you'll need to know exactly what you're doing. In the end, re-adjust your gearbox final gear so that it matches your car's new performance level.
Every pp limit has a ringer car. You just have to play online enough to figure it out.

you can keep your eye out for our current and upcoming tunes ;)
No but honestly, a great gtp user ZedMan1996 told me something I will never forget, heres my way of saying it:
Tuning is for racers. if you cannot race, or not experienced with gt driving, tuning will only complicate you more. learn to drive properly before you use tunes or tune yourself. you have to get to learn each car separately as well, because driving is not just turning left or right, you have to feel for the car, mostly do not brake, throttle control the car as you believe in its abilities enough to not hold back. only then should tunes come into the question. no offence to priano, or anyone else, but their tunes are useless, and heres why. you could have the best tune in the world (priano I am looking at you lol), but who is to say it is the best? I mean, a guy could do a 7min lap at nurburg with it, another could do a 7:30 lap, its all about what car and setup suits your style of driving, once you find that, well, you are unleashing the best you have to offer.
:crazy:
EDIT: but I would like to get clear, priano's tunes are amazing, I loved his 500pp jaguar tune!

Back