GT6 Game Save

• Thread starter SVPSkins
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
Wilmslow, Cheshire
SVPSkins
Hiya Guys,

Can someone explain to me why I can't use my GT6 Game Save on my new PS3.

My First PS3 YLOD on me just before Xmas and I bought another second hand PS3 to replace it. I then decided to get my first PS3 fixed (which cost me £81) so I could get all the data off it and continue using it. So i backed up my Fixed PS3 on my 100GB Hard Drive. Well ive been using it about a week, Only for the same PS3 to YOLD again tonight.

So though ok, no problem. I'll put my back up on my second PS3, Do all the updates needed and it wont let me use the Data. Why?

Is this your issue?
"to load data that was saved while signed into PlayStation®Network on a different PlayStation®3 system, you will need to be signed into the same Sony Entertainment Network account used when the data was originally saved."

Is this your issue?
"to load data that was saved while signed into PlayStation®Network on a different PlayStation®3 system, you will need to be signed into the same Sony Entertainment Network account used when the data was originally saved."

So i have to start a fresh game, then restore via the game menu?

Honestly I dont have a clue what to do. I was told by a PSN Tech that I could use my game save for GT6 on another system. I've just logged in and tried again and its telling me i cant use the data. what's the point of the backup utility then? So not only have i lost my 12 month of data on my old unit, ive also lost the data i made up on my second unit over xmas as well. great thanks PSN

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need to sign-on with the same user account that you used in the original PS3.
First you will need to exactly recreate the original....

[Users]>[Create New User] then [PSN]>[Sign Up]>[Use An Existing Account]

You will then need to sign-on to this existing account before doing a restore data

If you have setup the same/identical existing account on both PS3's then using that accounts backup data/save on the second console should not be an issue.

You will need to sign-on with the same user account that you used in the original PS3.
First you will need to exactly recreate the original....

[Users]>[Create New User] then [PSN]>[Sign Up]>[Use An Existing Account]

You will then need to sign-on to this existing account before doing a restore data

Right ok, thank you

Yes.

This is more complex than it needs to be, but you have to ensure that BOTH the PS3 account and the PSN account are identical on both machines.

Your PSN account is the one that signs you into Playstation Network. It's the one you need an e-mail address and password for - but the PS3 account needs to be the same too. This is the one that you log into the console itself with before you do anything else - the one waaay over on the left side of the XMB that you must select before you can do anything else.

Make sure that your PS3 account is the same as the one on the old PS3 ([Users]->[Create New User]) and then log into the same PSN account ([PSN]->[Sign Up]->[Use An Existing Account]) used to create the file. Then your save file will work.

If you have setup the same/identical existing account on both PS3's then using that accounts backup data/save on the second console should not be an issue.

Thank you

Yes.

This is more complex than it needs to be, but you have to ensure that BOTH the PS3 account and the PSN account are identical on both machines.

Your PSN account is the one that signs you into Playstation Network. It's the one you need an e-mail address and password for - but the PS3 account needs to be the same too. This is the one that you log into the console itself with before you do anything else - the one waaay over on the left side of the XMB that you must select before you can do anything else.

Make sure that your PS3 account is the same as the one on the old PS3 ([Users]->[Create New User]) and then log into the same PSN account ([PSN]->[Sign Up]->[Use An Existing Account]) used to create the file. Then your save file will work.

Thank you. What a nightmare

What happened to easy PS memory cards? Grrr

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have not been able to get my Data to work, even after following the the comments above. Think im just going except my GT6 days are done, sell my PS3's and my GT games.

Thank you for all the help 👍

Still have not been able to get my Data to work, even after following the the comments above. Think im just going except my GT6 days are done, sell my PS3's and my GT games.

Thank you for all the help 👍
No don't do that SVP, if it would really help, I could send you my save file via email. Please. Don't want you to go :(

Back