VGT STOLEN or PD has not got a exclusive licence

vasiliflame

(Banned)
Wales
Cardiff
no thanks
Vgt Mercedes and the Toyota ft 1 have appeared on a play-store game called dubai drift. what do you think licensed or stolen. what are you thoughts

http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=68108&PHPSESSID=&width=1440

108.jpg

TOYOTA FT1

CAR LIST WITH PICTURES
http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000011016&PHPSESSID=&width=1440

Firstly, the Toyota FT-1 isn't a VGT, it's a concept car created by Toyota, rumoured to be the replacement for the Supra. So unless PD got a Exclusive License for the FT-1, any game that can secure the license is able to use it.

The Merc VGT however, is a bit more interesting. Yes, Vision GT is a Gran Turismo project, but unless PD has every car that results from Vision GT under exclusive license, I do believe that another game would be able to negotiate and secure the license for that said car.

Last edited:
Firstly, the Toyota FT-1 isn't a VGT, it's a concept car created by Toyota, rumoured to be the replacement for the Supra. So unless PD got a Exclusive License for the FT-1, any game that can secure the license is able to use it.

The Merc VGT however, is a bit more interesting. Yes, Vision GT is a Gran Turismo project, but unless PD has every car that results from Vision GT under exclusive license, I do believe that another game would be able to negotiate and secure the license for that said car.

Pretty much this.
Thought i don't really think any mobile game ever had a licence to cars like these.

Last edited:
i'am doing nothing as that is not a straight rip it's between him and merc as the model isn't pd's but he do use the VGT brand as gran turismo cant actually copyright the word gran turismo its the only thing that can concern pd , same story as when the titanic movie came out they couldn't trademark that either . My son has the game on his phone its how i noticed it... to be fair its a good mobile game

Thats weird, it has to be made from scratch seeing as ripping it from the game wouldn't be possible, (that only works on vanilla cars, not update ones.) nice touch by adding the ft1 fans though.

Exactly the car name is Silver Bullet (VIP) in the game :lol:
Just Like every other Mobile racing game, it doesn't surprise me with some things like that.
Also if you try to purchase to remove the ad (again like all other S:censored:y mobile game)for the Merc it's called "Vision (Dubai Drift)" And the FT-1 is called RedAdder (VIP) just saying...

Despite the renaming, you can still see the Silver Arrow in the grille. Also, the FT-1 was a GT6 exclusive; that period has ended now. ;)

Just Like every other Mobile racing game, it doesn't surprise me with some things like that.
Also if you try to purchase to remove the ad (again like all other S:censored:y mobile game)for the Merc it's called "Vision (Dubai Drift)" And the FT-1 is called RedAdder (VIP) just saying...
Hmmm maybe they change it in my version its Silver bullet...

Hmmm maybe they change it in my version its Silver bullet...
it's called silver bullet (VIP) but i meant that when you tap the "Buy" "Purchase removes Ads" and it shows that you want to pay using credit card then it shows the price and the name is called "Vision" when you going to buy it.

-Editing with images-
Screenshot_٢٠١٥-٠١-٢٦-٢٢-١٨-٥٩.png
Screenshot_٢٠١٥-٠١-٢٦-٢٢-١٩-١٣.png

*Not taken from my phone

i'm not sure why i'm making a big deal about it anyway.

Last edited:
it's called silver bullet (VIP) but i meant that when you tap the "Buy" "Purchase removes Ads" and it shows that you want to pay using credit card then it shows the price and the name is called "Vision" when you going to buy it.

-Editing with images-
View attachment 298444

*Not taken from my phone

i'm not sure why i'm making a big deal about it anyway.
Just look at all the real cars in that shot! There are a couple of Nissan SUVs in the top bar, a couple of Toyota trucks, and an old Camaro. Not only that, but there's a picture of a white Dodge Charger up top that looks like it's been taken straight from GT6. And I looked up the dev (Zero Four Games) on Google Play, and this is the only game they've put up there. Unless they literally started off with a few hundred thousand dollars of chump change to spend on licensing and then went about winning over a bunch of automakers immediately despite the fact that this was their first game, there's no way they actually licensed any of these.

Just look at all the real cars in that shot! There are a couple of Nissan SUVs in the top bar, a couple of Toyota trucks, and an old Camaro. Not only that, but there's a picture of a white Dodge Charger up top that looks like it's been taken straight from GT6. And I looked up the dev (Zero Four Games) on Google Play, and this is the only game they've put up there. Unless they literally started off with a few hundred thousand dollars of chump change to spend on licensing and then went about winning over a bunch of automakers immediately despite the fact that this was their first game, there's no way they actually licensed any of these.
That actually my google account linked up with that. :P

My image:
XqOs3xcvfE5bLupcG_0.jpg

I agree with the other stuff.

If they had the license they wouldn't call it something other than the actual name. Seems pretty obvious they're trying to get around licensing and they got caught. Wonder what will come of it now.

Sadly, this is common practice these days. People are ripping off models from all kinds of race games (e.g. pCARS, Forza, GT), then offering them for sale as a mod or as a standalone product, passing it off as their own development. E.g. the M1 Procar was ripped from pCars and the offered (for money) as an AC mod. Same for several Forza cars.

This should be reported to PD/Sony/Mercedes so they can take appropriate action.

Pretty ballsy of them to not remove the humongous Mercedes insignia from the grill of the car that even has Gran Turismo in its name.

You see this everywhere.

Example many mods on RFactor, Assetto Corsa, Rigs of Rods, GTAIV, are models ripped from Forza etc... Its quite sad really.

Just report it at the appropriate web store you see it available on. Nothing in there looks to be licensed and is infringing on intellectual properties as the cars are all owned by various companies. You have to pay to play and this looks like outright theft. Is there any sort of licensing agreements listed in the credits for any of those cars? The fact that they have odd names means they probably do not. So just make a complaint and see what happens, automakers tend to be quite rigid about their IP appearing in games and the media in general.

Back