Red Bull RB11 launch

It might be an even longer wait for the RB11 - Auto Motor und Sport's Tobias Grüner has seen a covered-up version of the chassis Red Bull have taken to Jerez, and he reckons that, judging by the shape of the nose, it's the RB10. The team have already admitted that they are behind schedule, and that they need a big push to be ready for the first test

It might be an even longer wait for the RB11 - Auto Motor und Sport's Tobias Grüner has seen a covered-up version of the chassis Red Bull have taken to Jerez, and he reckons that, judging by the shape of the nose, it's the RB10. The team have already admitted that they are behind schedule, and that they need a big push to be ready for the first test

This?
10974296_836626106383880_5329696152321085186_o.jpg

The RB11 has passed its crash tests and is expected to be in Jerez. Rumour has it that the car will complete testing in a black-and-white camouflage livery, like the ones regular car companies use for testing and development.

Sounds like a bit of paranoia from the team management if it's true. Wonder what they would be trying to disguise?

Sounds like a bit of paranoia from the team management if it's true. Wonder what they would be trying to disguise?
Another conspicuously interim "paint job" to defer the now ubiquitous problem of sponsorship, would be my guess.

Clearly it's their massive financial problems so they had to resort to cheap white and black paint while they test.

Red Bull would be one the last teams to have money troubles, I would ordinarily think. But I also think they have strongly balked at the expense of fielding a 3rd car.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/third-cars-f1-not-required-lawyers-say
F1’s contracts with the teams state they may have to run a third car if the grid drops below 20. It didn’t come into effect in Austin or Brazil because the contracts also say teams are allowed to miss up to three races.

However, the discussion about running third cars raged throughout both race weekends, with F1’s smallest teams claiming they had seen an e-mail outlining a plan to have Red Bull and Ferrari supply a third car next season.

Whether this actually happens now looks far less important. Instead, the fact that a discussion took place about it may prove to be significant as it could show that Ecclestone attempted to procure 16 cars and used his reasonable endeavors to do so. If less than 16 cars race next year, then it is this fact which could keep F1 under his control: Should he breach his contract with the FIA, the governing body could use it as justification for reclaiming the commercial rights. Ecclestone paid the FIA $313.6m for a 100-year license to those rights beginning in 2011, which means the governing body will have to wait a long time to reclaim them unless Ecclestone’s F1 Group breaches its contract.

Last edited:
That's a very unusual nose - there's an acre of space between the leading edge of the front wing and the tip of the nose. Also interesting to see that they have gone for the Williams-style nose stub. I thought their design last year was very clever.

B8vnZ6RCYAAE7SN.jpg

Love the livery. I'm already hoping that they race it (or something like it).

Ditto. Be a nice change from a sea of silver.

Really fantastic work blending the sponsors logos into the camo.

Seems a bit odd for them to run with a camo livery for this season... Maybe they have some insane new double defuser style innovation, but I doubt it...

Great looking car though and another example of how good looking the cars are this year!

Hope they roll with this livery all season. Getting tired of seeing two teams run similar looking liveries. Red bull should stick out from Torro Rosso and vice versa. It would spicen up the grid. Assuming that we don't watch Formula Mercedes combined with Formula 1 again.

Hope they roll with this livery all season. Getting tired of seeing two teams run similar looking liveries. Red bull should stick out from Torro Rosso and vice versa. It would spicen up the grid. Assuming that we don't watch Formula Mercedes combined with Formula 1 again.

I think most expect the factory Mercedes to be crushing favorites, as do I.

And I fancy Williams will run very strong, again.

That livery looks great. Not sure about the nose.

Latest Posts

Back