Mercedes W06

United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
pezzarinho17
Mercedes have been posting teasers for last hour or so. They are at Silverstone today completing the installation of the W06, and the below screenshot from a video is the first look at the 2015 challenger.

nv9q9s.png

Another good looking nose, and tricky to make out anything else really. Sidepods seem tighter packaged around the gearbox though.

I don't like the shape of the nose compared to last years car, maybe it's just a bad angle but I liked the curve in the W05's nose.

Interesting comparison that was uploaded to Twitter:

View attachment 300202

Looking at it, its amazing how the front wing remains at the same height despite the different nose shapes, which appear to start at the same point but taper off the lower they go. Interstingly, the driver appears to sit higher even though the cockpit seems relatively the same size.

She's a looker, surprised they didn't go for one and two instead of last year's numbers.
Only the champion themselves can choose to carry the number one; teams can't force them too. Also even if Hamilton decided to use it, which he hasn't, Rosberg would keep the number six. No longer is the number two assigned to a drivers teammate if he is champion, and decides to take the number one.

Perhaps Rosberg just wants to sit higher this year so he can clip the back of Hamilton's car more accurately.
Don't be ridiculous. That's what those two cameras on the nose are for! :sly:

Notice:
-Single larger roll hoop intake with inner split. (no ears like W05)
-more complex flow conditioners around sidepods
-very small brake ducts
-Larger shark fin, meaning tighter rear

Masterpiece.

Notice:
-Single larger roll hoop intake with inner split. (no ears like W05)
-more complex flow conditioners around sidepods
-very small brake ducts
-Larger shark fin, meaning tighter rear

Masterpiece.

Just the way I like it :sly:

Only the champion themselves can choose to carry the number one; teams can't force them too. Also even if Hamilton decided to use it, which he hasn't, Rosberg would keep the number six. No longer is the number two assigned to a drivers teammate if he is champion, and decides to take the number one.

Oh that's helpful, thanks for the info, 44 must be real special for Lewis though.

I'm not as keen on how the camera's look on the nose. Removed some of the silver and they protrude further from the nose than last year, so they look more invasive? Still looks good though, and clearly an evolutionary design rather than revolutionary. To what was mentioned earlier, I would also add that the rear wing pylons seem to be further apart as well.

Interesting comparison that was uploaded to Twitter:

View attachment 300202

Great effort, but the photos were taken at different focal lengths and angles, so you can't draw any conclusions about driver seating or anything else.

That said... appears the cars are mostly the same from the front (they could even be using a 2014 front wing just for the session).

I'd be real interested in seeing what changes have been done at the back.

Back