Scuderia Toro Rosso STR10 launch

prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
Toro Rosso are the last team to have scheduled a launch (Red Bull and Force India will launch when they are ready), with the covers coming off the STR10 at 5:00pm local time today.

This just appeared on the official STR Twitter page...

I see London, I see Hong Kong, on the new STR I see a whacking great shlong! :mad:

Attachments

• B8sOSfZCcAAkn5H.jpg
    B8sOSfZCcAAkn5H.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5
Thankfully it turns out I was wrong about the presence of male genitalia on the front of the car! Still not sure what I think of it though; it looks extremely awkward. I'm doubtful the sport has seen air-intakes that big since the early to mid seventies. Surely it can't be good for aerodynamics?

Just read this is not how the car will look at the start in Australia ... nose,front and rear wings and other details will be changed during the coming weeks...

Whatever,just give Max a fast car!!!

:D

Spy.

I think that I prefer this shape of F1 car to the 2010-2013 cars, yeah the nose isn't quite right yet but the side profile and the general shape is much nicer looking IMO... I think this car is a good example, the livery is mostly unchanged from 2010 and this is a very handsome car.

Torro Rosso should change their livery to the Red Bull Red edition or something, make it a little bit more different than the Red Bulls.

It would liven up the grid.

Sugar Free tastes bad though, also they'll never sell the surplus of Red Editions on your local grocery store's shelves.

I would know I stock shelves.

At first glance the Toro Rosso is the most radical car on the grid, huge airbox but tiny sidepods. Two exciting young drivers and the best livery don't do any harm either. Hopefully they can keep moving up the grid as FI and Sauber fall.

toro-rosso-str10-4.jpg

toro-rosso-str10-studio3.jpg

toro-rosso-str10-studio1.jpg

Really? You may well be the only person who does.
My original impression was from a much smaller, less clear image posted on Twitter. Clearly you missed the post I made shortly after, stating that my initial perception was off.

Thankfully it turns out I was wrong about the presence of male genitalia on the front of the car! Still not sure what I think of it though; it looks extremely awkward. I'm doubtful the sport has seen air-intakes that big since the early to mid seventies. Surely it can't be good for aerodynamics?

I do believe this is one of the better looking cars right now, and one of the best liveries of the last few years. Will it be fast, who knows.
It stands out alongside the McLaren as the most interesting car on the grid so far. The massive airbox and tiny sidepods make for an odd combination, but when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense - the current focus is on generating low-pressure areas under the monocoque, so there's less air to go into the sidepods and radiators.

Torro Rosso should change their livery to the Red Bull Red edition or something, make it a little bit more different than the Red Bulls.

They could do a white style Red Bull livery like on the VW in WRC...

2013-volkswagen-polo-r-wrc-race-car_100412592_m.jpg

Or they could go with the sugar free light blue livery.

That would also be good.

Or they could be like the other half of the grid and go RB silver edition to upset people.

Back