380PP NR-A Roadster Cup

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 312 comments
Update: Getting there finished 3rd on 0.283 sec from nr1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO won by 1.3 seconds.

The trick was to actualy remove the turbo, wich gave me an extra 5bhp, and way less torgue drop off. Ran stock transmission set to 250km/h and toe and camber set to GTSail's setup.

Sweeeeeet. I am totaly stoked right now!!

Last edited:
I'm very pleased to report wins in all events against lineup #2 with an '07 Roadster.

All were very fun, but requiring close concentration and often some practice, especially London. I'd be pleased to post my setup spec's, together for the gear ratios for each track, if anyone's interested. Using MT instead of my usual AT was distinctly helpful at Indy and London.

Edit:
'07 Roadster, no oil
includes: ECU, Sports cat, Titanium racing exhaust for 164 hp @ 85% PL
200 kg ballast @ +30 (48/52) for 1300kg

Transmission:
reset to default
Set final to 5.50
Set top speed to 112 mph
1st: 2.574
2nd: 2.010
3rd: 1.612
4th: 1.330
5th: 1.130
6th: 0.987
Final:
Indy: 3.947
London: 5.50
Suzuka: 4.114 s/b > 4.217
Trial Mt: 5.010
Eifel: 4.694 s/b > 5

Suspension (similar to previously posted)
Ride height: -10/-10
Spring rate: 6.0/6.3
Dampers e: 4/4
dampers c: 3/3
Camber: 2.0/1.5
Toe: -0.20/+0.20
LSD: 9/11/8
Brake: 7/6

Last edited:
Have you added ballast to your Mazda Eunos Roadster?

Take a look at the screen-shot of Argon's tune in his post # 188

He has done the weight reductions and then added back 200kg's of ballast, so his '89 Roadster ends up at 1041kgs.

Respectfully,
GTsail

I did miss the ballest part of the tune, was using my phone at that point, i'll add the ballast back in a see what I can get out of it. i'll edit with an update in a bit. Thank you.

Update
Alrite I'll freely admit i am totally blind and didn't read the post with the SS and missed the ballast part of the tune. 149 bhp 380 pp no break in. so will gain small amount on the races which will help pull to the win after a few restarts.

Last edited:
Well i just gave up on this cup. After a hour of trying to win the london track, with a best place of 2nd and 13! second gap to the number 1.
Susuka was okey, and made that one on the second try with a 3 sec lead.

I honestly think this cup needs a slight pp increase to become equal to the other cups.

Did the pickup truck seasonal instead. Had great fun trying to beat those x-runners with the F150 Raptor.

Well I just gave up on this cup. After a hour of trying to win the london track, with a best place of 2nd and 13 second gap to the number 1.

Suzuka was okey, and made that one on the second try with a 3 sec lead.

Yeah, London is tough.

To win on the tight London track, you need to drive smoothly and you must not rub any walls because they scrub off too much speed. Try running against lineup # 2 in the London race as well, since that will give you one of the slower rabbits to catch.

Are you still using the '91 Roadster?

Have you tried Dotini's 2007 Roadster tune at post # 272 above?

Any car tuned by Dotini is likely to gain you a few tenths each lap!

Good luck!
GTsail

I tried both the '91 and the '07. But i am a bit fed up having to skip to a certain lineup to even mathematicaly have a chance. It just feels silly.

There are enough seasonals left for me to do that pose a real challenge, but not as impossible as this cup. Maybe when i get done with the rest that i will try again.

Well, i just couldn't live with defeat, so i won london on the 3rd try of this morning. lol

Cup won :) The cart track was really easy. Trail mountain took like 8 tries or so.

Last edited:
Well, I just couldn't live with defeat, so I won London on the 3rd try of this morning. lol

Cup won :) Trail mountain took like 8 tries or so.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO won by 1.3 seconds.

Sweeeeeet. I am totaly stoked right now!!

Well done!👍

A nice smack-down on those pesky AI Roadsters!:)

Great fun!
GTsail

Managed Indy after about 5 goes with a Roadster against a roadster, but you really have to draft carefully and go outside guys into bends if you can rather than going where THEY want you to go which is inside which slows your turn speed a lot

All tracks not that difficult with the roadster '07.
For Indy i neede something else though.
I used the Mazda Mx5 1800 RS (NB,J) '04 from UCD with tune based on Hostilenemy's youtube tune.

Engine + Chassis ref.
Weight: 1,280kg, 177pk, 183Nm

Tit. Semi-Racing Exh.
FC transm.
FC Drivetrain + all upgr.
FC Susp.

RH: -25/-25
Springs: 5,6/3,8
Dampers: ext. 4/4
Dampers: comp. 4/4
Anti-roll: 2/2
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.00/0,20
LSD: 10/40/20
Breaks: 0/0

Gears:
Leave stock - only change bottom top speed to 260 kmh
1: 3,157
2: 2,193
3: 1,631
4: 1,269
5: 1,033
6: 0,881
F: 3,909

Starting in 5th gear, try to get slipstream and don't gear up before you hit 200 kmh. After this never break, only release throttle a bit when needed. Your speed should never be lower then 210kmh. It's possible with this car and setup. I managed to win it at first try with this setup.

I'm on version 2.14 and I'm pretty much convinced that I could hand the controller to any of you guys with any of these tunes and you'd never get 1st at Indy. I can't even get 7th...

I'm on version 2.14 and I'm pretty much convinced that I could hand the controller to any of you guys with any of these tunes and you'd never get 1st at Indy. I can't even get 7th...

What cars have you tried, and what tune have you used?

GTsail

What cars have you tried, and what tune have you used?

GTsail

'07 Roadster with Dotini and hotmuzlima's tunes
'89 Eunos with Argon's tune
'97 Eunos with a modified Argon's tune
None of them get me close.

I just realized the issue- traction control and ASM were on. Sorry for my anger.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that this series made me think a lot about drafting, where to apex based on where the traffic was, and to turn off ASM. Though the PP system overhaul created a problem whereby it was extremely difficult to win, I'd never have learned these things if not for this glitch. So thanks to whoever caused this, and thank you to the contributors to this thread, because without you I'd have given up.

Last edited:
I'd never have learned these things if not for this glitch. So thanks to whoever caused this, and thank you to the contributors to this thread, because without you I'd have given up.

I'll echo that one too - I'm recently back on GT having got a cheap(ish) replacement PS3 and I'm playing catchup on the seasonals and this one has me stumped before reading through the thread 👍

Finally won the races yesterday with an MX-5 1800 RS (NB/J) '04, except the Eifel track, which I did with another MX-5. Gotta check which one (think that was the MX-5 Miata 1800 RS '04. For Indy, just restart like 10 times until there is not a single Roadster competing. I did that and caught the lead on the back straight on the last lap.

I didn't change any of the settings, just bought all the drive trains for racing (except LSD), fully adjustable suspension and adjustable gearbox. Just put the top speed at 260 and just adjust the top speed on the top right to 260 too.

Finally, just buy new exhaust pipes to get the PP to 380 and increase the weight by 200 kg, since then you can add more power. I think mine had around 171 HP. Just evade the Roadsters, impossible to catch them, they're simply too fast. This set-up works for all other tracks too. Won London, Trial Mountain and Suzuka with this car and same set-up too. Just change the top speed.:-)

I'm having big time trouble with Indy. i've watched YT videos and it shows the rabbit in amongst the last pack of cars....this is not the case in my "version" of the Indy race. in mine i can get in 2nd place ahead of the last pack by 1 or 2 seconds (varies each time i make 2nd) but the rabbit is already past the first turn as i cross the finish line in lap 3....wtf?

I've tried all the tunes i can find and even tried some of my own with no luck....this race is impossible!

I'm also a level 40 driver with all the cars in the game and i have tried this to death, been at it for 3 days and best i can get is 2nd.

There are many problems with the Indy race, the biggest for me is that i can fly round the bends at 134 to 137 MPH while the pack i am draughting will slow to about 124MPH, what happens then is i am stuck without a pack to draught to the next pack because the first pack slows down and the next pack are to far ahead. if i slow down with the first pack it then takes to long to get past them and for them to draught past me so we can maintain top speed if you follow me.

This is just impossible!

Pasting this here because i've been chastised for posting in another thread about the same topic (yes i should know better lol).

****There are many problems with the Indy race, the biggest for me is that i can fly round the bends at 134 to 137 MPH while the pack i am draughting will slow to about 124MPH, what happens then is i am stuck without a pack to draught to the next pack because the first pack slows down and the next pack are to far ahead. if i slow down with the first pack it then takes to long to get past them and for them to draught past me so we can maintain top speed if you follow me.***

Don't slow down when behind the other cars. Go ahead and immediately draft past them as you catch each one (after using their draft to catch them). You should be full-throttle for the entire race except for slight lifts in the corners so you don't hit the other AI or run wide and rub the walls.

What grids have you run against?

Re-start your game and try running against the 2nd lineup. I have found that the 2nd lineup is the easiest to beat because the AI usually string-out favorably on the Indy track, allowing you to leap-frog past them without too many open gaps.

Good luck!
GTsail

Don't slow down when behind the other cars. Go ahead and immediately draft past them as you catch each one (after using their draft to catch them). You should be full-throttle for the entire race except for slight lifts in the corners so you don't hit the other AI or run wide and rub the walls.

What grids have you run against?

Re-start your game and try running against the 2nd lineup. I have found that the 2nd lineup is the easiest to beat because the AI usually string-out favorably on the Indy track, allowing you to leap-frog past them without too many open gaps.

Good luck!
GTsail

I haven't got a clue which cars make up which lineup. i usually take notice of these things but this race has given me the raving hump....

I do go flat out but the trouble is there is to much space between each pack. it takes over half a lap to catch the first pack (i can't catch them before the final bend on the home straight), and over a lap and a half for the 2nd pack, by that time i'm crossing the finish line and the lead car is already gone through the first bend. how i'm supposed to catch up to the rabbit when it has such a lead on the 2nd pack of cars is beyond me.

I do go flat out but the trouble is there is to much space between each pack. it takes over half a lap to catch the first pack (i can't catch them before the final bend on the home straight), and over a lap and a half for the 2nd pack, by that time i'm crossing the finish line and the lead car is already gone through the first bend. how i'm supposed to catch up to the rabbit when it has such a lead on the 2nd pack of cars is beyond me.

Yeah, some of the lineups are impossible to beat:banghead: because of the gaps that develop between the AI.

Try running against lineup # 2 after a game re-start. This lineup should have the following cars in the first eleven places:

1) Eunos Roadster NA Special Package
2) Roadster 1600 NRA '04
3) MX-5 Miata NA '89
4) MX-5 (NA) '89
5) MX-5 1800RS NB,J '04
6) MX-5 S-Special NA '95
7) MX-5 1.8RS NB '98
8) MX-5 Miata 1.8RS NB '98
9) MX-5 Miata V-Special NA '93
10) MX-5 Miata VR-Limited NA '95
11) Eunos Roadster J-Limited NA '93

Usually, (but not always) the AI cars in this lineup will string-out in a favorable manner making it possible to draft thru the field for a win.

Good luck!
GTsail

Last edited:
Yeah, some of the lineups are impossible to beat:banghead: because of the gaps that develop between the AI.

Try running against lineup # 2 after a game re-start. This lineup should have the following cars in the first five places:

1) Eunos Roadster NA Special Package
2) Roadster 1600 NRA '04
3) MX-5 Miata NA '89
4) MX-5 (NA) '89
5) MX-5 1800RS NB,J '04

Usually, (but not always) the AI cars in this lineup will string-out in a favorable manner making it possible to draft thru the field for a win.

Good luck!
GTsail

I'll give it another try later tonight. will let you know how i get on :)

Thanks!

Last night i was at it for over 4 hours. i've tried every set up, i've tried every variant MX5 and gone through the entire car line up with no joy. best i can get is 2nd, the rabbit is just to far ahead to be caught. in a 3 lap race. the closest i've managed to get is 4 seconds behind.....

I give up!

Last night I was at it for over 4 hours. Best I can get is 2nd, the rabbit is just to far ahead to be caught in a 3 lap race. The closest I've managed to get is 4 seconds behind.....

Still 4 seconds behind?

Your game must have some very fast AI drivers!!:eek:

What are the AI driver's names?
-Vettel
-Alonso
-Hamilton
-Raikkonen
-Webber
-Rosberg???;)

Have you checked to see if you have the TC or the ASM turned on? They should be turned off.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Still 4 seconds behind?

Your game must have some very fast AI drivers!!:eek:

What are the AI driver's names?
-Vettel
-Alonso
-Hamilton
-Raikkonen
-Webber
-Rosberg???;)

Have you checked to see if you have the TC or the ASM turned on? They should be turned off.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Lol. Yep , all aids are off. i'm not a slow driver either. level 40 on A-spec (didn't use the redbull on either of the 24hour endurance races, i used the XJR-9). as i said in my first post, there is a rabbit that is way ahead of the rest of the packs in every single car lineup that the first pack does not close the gap on.

Even my younger brother who is better than me can't do it on my version. the Lambo Nurburgring challenge is easier than this.

The reason i've gone back to this is because i had a gen 1 that ylod on me a couple weeks back which i skipped this race when it first appeared but decided to go back to it when we got a slim just until i get the gen 1 fixed.
I was going to reflow it but decided i'm going to get a reballing station from ebay and fix it permanently :)

Last edited:
**** As I said in my first post, there is a rabbit that is way ahead of the rest of the packs in every single car lineup that the first pack does not close the gap on.

Yeah, sometimes one of the rabbits breaks free and runs waaay out in front.:ill:

Last night I decided to test some of the lineups, so I ran against the first seven lineups with Argon's tune, Dotini's tune and my '91 Roadster tune and got the following results:

All three tunes can win at Indy. Dotini's and Argon's tunes are better than mine:grumpy:, so I guess mine needs some more work.💡

The following are my results:

Lineup #, attempts with 3 diff. tunes
-------------------------------
1st lineup...Lost, Won, Won
2nd lineup...Won, Won, Won
3rd lineup...Lost, Lost, Lost
4th lineup...Lost, Lost, Lost
5th lineup...Won, Lost, Lost
6th lineup...Lost, Lost, Lost
7th lineup...Won, Won, Lost

The last loss running against the 7th lineup was very close, only a car-length back, so I suspect that this lineup can be beatable some of the time when the AI space out favorably.

The grid for Lineup # 2 is listed above in my earlier post # 290.

Lineup # 7 has the following cars on the grid:
---------------------------------------
1) MX-5 1800RS NB '00
2) MX-5 Miata S-Special '95
3) Eunos Roadster V-special '93
4) Eunos Roadster SR-Ltd '97
5) MX-5 Miata SR-LTd '97
6) MX-5 Miata J-Ltd '93
7) MX-5 Miata V-special '93
8) MX-5 SR-Ltd NA '97
9) MX-5 VR-Ltd NA '95
10)Roadster 1800RS NB '04

What race times are the other AI getting when they beat you?

Using Argon's tune my race times were as follows:

Against
Lineup #, and result
--------------------
# 1) 3:25.9 (won race)
# 2) 3:25.5 (won race)
# 3) 3:27.5 (lost race)
# 4) 3:26.6 (lost race)
# 5) 3:27.0 (lost race)
# 6) 3:26.5 (lost race)
# 7) 3:26.5 (lost race)

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
@ drivingmeinsane:

Just restart the race over and over again till you get a line-up without any of the MX-5 1800 RS and 1600 RS cars. Then the rabbit cars are just gone and you can win the race. I did it with the MX-5 1800 RS '04. You should restart the race around 10 times I think, but don't remember exactly. Just check my post 286 in this thread for the settings I used. :-)

Yeh, getting a bit fed up with the ease of these events. Got another video for it though as always, perhaps some people will find it useful.

hey there, just a newbie here, well kind of. I am just wondering how you got this car to the performance levels you are showing? New they are 167 hp@1100kg, pp 391. Mine after trying what seems like every performance option, best I can come up with is 158 hp @ 1219 kg, 380pp. Your one is showing 186 hp @1100kg, 380 pp. For the life of me, I cant see how that's possible. Please tell me how you did it as Im running 16-20 secs behind 11th place at Daytona. I cant get close enough to draft them. Cheers, croozer

hey there, just a newbie here, well kind of. I am just wondering how you got this car to the performance levels you are showing? New they are 167 hp@1100kg, pp 391. Mine after trying what seems like every performance option, best I can come up with is 158 hp @ 1219 kg, 380pp. Your one is showing 186 hp @1100kg, 380 pp. For the life of me, I cant see how that's possible. Please tell me how you did it as Im running 16-20 secs behind 11th place at Daytona. I cant get close enough to draft them. Cheers, croozer

Greetings Croozer_63!

Welcome to GTPlanet!:gtpflag::cheers:

Oink83's tune is from the heady:) days of version 2.10, when most FR cars like the Mazda Roadster in question, had their PP values lowered by approximately 40 points. This made this particular Seasonal quite easy (which if you listen to Oink83's video, you will hear) Then Polyphony Digital lowered the boom on us with update version 2.11, which reversed out the PP value adjustments which had been granted with the version 2.10 update. This change made this Roadster Seasonal one of the more challenging ones, and car tuning and driving skills became necessary.:ill:

Take a look further back in this thread and you can see where everyone begins to run into this issue (start with post # 156). And be sure to check out Argon's tune at post # 166, or Dotini's tune at post # 272.

Good luck!
GTsail

Here is a good tip that makes whole Indy thing really easy.

...winning by taking the lead coming out of turn 3 on the final lap and pulling away by several seconds. I started in 5th gear, caught the draft, up-shifted and started passing right away.

I used an '07 with 380PP, 164hp, 1300kg, 85% PL. ECU, cat, titanium exhaust.
6th gear 0.987, final 3.947. This is not perfect, but it's close enough.

Back