• Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
Telford
Roaming_kiwi
As the Aussie V8's seem to be getting more popular every year I thought it's only right to make a thread on them. I've searched but nothing really came up. There is only 1 Guideline to follow which is

Keep all race info etc to this one thread, so that there aren't heaps of threads on this one topic

For those who don't know what V8 Supercars are.

V8 Supercars is just another name for the Australian Touring Car Championship. It consists of two makes of cars, Holden and Ford. The close and fierce racing nature makes for good moves and big crashes. Always exiting. They race in various places around Australia and in 1 place in New Zealand.

That's the basics of V8 Supercars.

As said in the title this thread is for posting results and general talk on V8 Supercars

there's also gonna be a race in shanghai this year.

Also I'm going to bathurst! and I might be going to clipsal, depend's on weather my dad's working or not.

i was going to go to the clipsal 500, but i am entering a track day at mallala the week before so im saving my money for that

I intend to go to one of the Eastern creek races and an annual pilgrimage to Bathurst :D

But do they really need 2 Sydney races at the same track? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
i was going to go to the clipsal 500, but i am entering a track day at mallala the week before so im saving my money for that
Cool, what kind of car you racing?

my Nissan Skyline GTS25T type M

if you ever see i white R33 skyline with a tall wing driving around hallett cove thats me (unless someone in my family is borrowing it)

Havn't missed a race at Barbagello Raceway in 5 years, we get a box right on Cat Corner.
Went to the F1 GP at Albert Park last year, again the V8's rock there, pity my ticket only gained me limited access.

Hope the Mighty Holdens regain the title this year :cool:

I WANNA GO TO BATHURST!!!. I'll probably go to Pukekohe instead and watch Greg Murphy win again.

It will be a real Lottery in Shanghai as no one has raced there.

Originally posted by DES LIM
Havn't missed a race at Barbagello Raceway in 5 years, we get a box right on Cat Corner.
Went to the F1 GP at Albert Park last year, again the V8's rock there, pity my ticket only gained me limited access.

Hope the Mighty Holdens regain the title this year :cool:

Welcome over this way Desmond 👍

I'll be at the Gp again this year to watch the V8's and if I'm lucky Skaify will put into the gravel again, right in front of me:lol:

We have a few threads on the V8's here such as:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-25783.html
and
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-32084.html

maybe a search shouldve been done first

Thanks Clinton, with abit of luck and organizing I should be joining you at the GP on the 7th of March, drinking Fosters from plastic cups!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Has anybody seen any of the car livery's for this year yet? I can't wait to see them!

Originally posted by Glut
But do they really need 2 Sydney races at the same track? :rolleyes:

There isn't going to be two easter creek races this year, instead they're going to shanghai for the last round.

i havent seen any race-car paintjobs yet. cant wait though. again this year, i will be attendending both queensland races, at willowbank and surfers paradise. they both rule as at willow you can see the whole track. and at indy, its just awesome.

my tip, too close to call. but go MIGHTY AMBROSE, or infact anyone who drives a ford.(except for david thexton, he can just bugger off)

Do you even have to ask?

It is gunna be the red machine's. No ownership probs or testing restrictions this year :D

Yeah, maybe so but Im still hoping he puts it in again

Welcome over to
gtp.gif
Tosk, this is the only Aussie fella to get a mention in the "Cars of Gran Turismo" book

Tosk: Myself and PH just may have a suprise for you at the GP weekend;)

Originally posted by DES LIM
Thanks Clinton, with abit of luck and organizing I should be joining you at the GP on the 7th of March, drinking Fosters from plastic cups!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ya welcome:D
...lets hope so, the more the merrier:cool:

It's gonna be 1 Holden that wins. That Holden is gonna be Kmart Racing Team #51 Greg Murphy. You know what? He's gonna win Bathurst again too.

what will be good to see is if murph can produce a lap like he did last year. When i saw that lap, me being a ford fan, i knew i was in the **** this weekend. i doubt he can produce the same pace

Originally posted by millencolin
what will be good to see is if murph can produce a lap like he did last year. When i saw that lap, me being a ford fan, i knew i was in the **** this weekend. i doubt he can produce the same pace

He said that he missed a gear too

Murph has always had bad luck, which I think has disguised his abilities. All he needs is no bad luck this year, he had enough last year to cover him for the next few I think...

Originally posted by millencolin
same ere. tops driver, but i dont like him. not because he drives holden, i just dont like him. complains too much

So if you were given a 5 min penalty, how would you react?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back