5 PS3's+ 5 80' TV's + 5 GT5's = This

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 48 comments
Seriously, 5 big expensive TVs and he can't even afford himself a T500 or CSW, let alone a decent chair or better yet a nice rig with a good chair?

Also I think it just looks odd when looking at the screens, but maybe that's just me. It just seems bend and distorted somehow.

Seriously, 5 big expensive TVs and he can't even afford himself a T500 or CSW, let alone a decent chair or better yet a nice rig with a good chair?

Also I think it just looks odd when looking at the screens, but maybe that's just me. It just seems bend and distorted somehow.

It's a group of guys testing out TV's

It's a group of guys testing out TV's

Fun, but there are better ways to test TVs. Devices to test the calibration of the TV, devices to test the latency of the TV... etc.

This is not TV testing, this is just having fun in my opinion. There is nothing scientific about testing a TV with a game. Not in the slightest. Which I think it should be, scientific, since it is for a University and I am sure they wish to know facts.

Pardon my ignorance, but why would you need 5 PS3's and 5 games to get 1 point of view??? Looks great, but 5 of everything for 1 person to race??? I don't get it...
I second this question. It sounds like they started the game and entered the same race on all 5 PS3's and then put an output splitter on the steering wheel in the hopes that the games would all sync up. But that seems idiotic

I second this question. It sounds like they started the game and entered the same race on all 5 PS3's and then put an output splitter on the steering wheel in the hopes that the games would all sync up. But that seems idiotic
Third this, gentlemen.
Not even close to excitement; 24' screen is quite enough for me C:

Fun, but there are better ways to test TVs. Devices to test the calibration of the TV, devices to test the latency of the TV... etc.

This is not TV testing, this is just having fun in my opinion. There is nothing scientific about testing a TV with a game. Not in the slightest. Which I think it should be, scientific, since it is for a University and I am sure they wish to know facts.

haha, jesus man you're being such a negative nancy here.

They said they "tested" as in, " we're not really testing, since we know these TVs will do their job, but we're using it as an excuse to try a crazy temporary huge five monitor set up just to see what it's like."

These guys aren't sim or racer enthusiasts, someone just knew that GT5 supported multiple screens and that their friends had multiple PS3s they could wrangle together and they had fun with it.

Third this, gentlemen.
Not even close to excitement; 24' screen is quite enough for me C:

Come on guys, are you being serious? You think that's how the multi-screen feature works? Just "run five games at the same time."

Wow, just... the logic, oh man.

Just... just read this please:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...iscreen-review-setup-guide-100-images.189301/

@Jahgee1124
I wrote up the article, nice find 👍

Am I the only one who thinks this is total overkill?

No, that's why it was made, that's like telling the first guys to climb Mt. Everest, " Isn't this a little dangerous?"

"YES."

Did you read the article? They didn't put any money into this build whatsoever.

Come on guys, are you being serious? You think that's how the multi-screen feature works? Just "run five games at the same time."

Wow, just... the logic, oh man.

Just... just read this please:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...iscreen-review-setup-guide-100-images.189301/
Hey, thanks for taking the time to talk down to us morons from your pedestal, but if you read the end I my post you'll see me saying "But that seems idiotic", meaning, no I don't think that's how it actually works, which would be why I'm asking the question.

And since you're berating my logic, could you explain the logic behind asking me to read a 5000 word essay on multi-screen setups just to find out why they needed five copies of the game?

Granted, I'm sure you are much more knowledgeable about electronics than I am, I just don't see why that makes you have to talk to me like I'm an imbecile.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to talk down to us morons from your pedestal, but if you read the end I my post you'll see me saying "But that seems idiotic", meaning, no I don't think that's how it actually works, which would be why I'm asking the question.

And since you're berating my logic, could you explain the logic behind asking me to read a 5000 word essay on multi-screen setups just to find out why they needed five copies of the game?

Granted, I'm sure you are much more knowledgeable about electronics than I am, I just don't see why that makes you have to talk to me like I'm an imbecile.
You read wayyyy too much into what he implied by his remark.

First, there are "people" saying why spend all that money for "SCIENCE!!!" and do testing using a video game. Then, there are those who think it was a waste of money even though it was mainly just effort from the guys who did this; they didn't pay for the TV's. Finally, there's the misunderstanding about how setting up the multi-monitor feature in GT5 (at least) is done. If you bothered to look at the pictures, they knew very well what to do to get it all going. And you might not have looked through the album, but it looks like they had at least one of the PS3's with a completely un-updated GT5. The thread he linked to about the multi-monitor setup guide was simply to educate you if you were interested in learning about it.

You seem to have taken it the wrong way. He wasn't talking to you like you were morons while on a high horse. Honestly, I think it looks like he came across that way to YOU (since it's only human to react... humanly), but I really doubt he was trying to make you look bad.

Last edited:
Had my 5 screen setup for 4 days, not very great online keeps crashing, triple screens seemed more stable , stated with it for 2 years. Now ps4 doesn't have multi monitor support so won't be staying with sony.

I actually build Multi display Racing Sims for a living, so this is right up my alley. If you guys need any questions answered or advice drop one of us WCG Guys a line.

But yeah we have been playing around with "12K" Racing last few months. Not enough FPS yet due to hardware AND driver limitations but man is the future looking bright. Pretty cool stuff. It will be quite sometime though, still. I will sell this, being a BenQ Partner and Dealer really make's you spoiled.

Back