500 Cars Garage limit

• Thread starter MGTurismo
  • 115 comments
But do you really have to have 400 versions of skylines, 200 of miatas etc..?
Well since there are not 400 versions of skylines nor 200 versions of Miatas your comment means very little. It would also be possible to exceed the max number without having a single Skyline or Miata in the mix.

There are enough cars in the game to fill the garage twice and then some so the 500 number is a bit lacking for sure.

With a 500 limit you can have all premiums in your garage. That's what I did. No standards for me and just one instance of each premium model.

With a 500 limit you can have all premiums in your garage. That's what I did. No standards for me and just one instance of each premium model.
I can't pass on a lot of those standard cars though, I probably have more standards than premiums in my garage.
Most of my favorite cars are standard. I really like the S2000 LMRC, the RX7 LMRC, the Mercedes CLK GTR, the 67 Cougar, the FGT, the RUFs and many many others. Would be nice if they were all premium but they are not. They are great cars, they drive nice and many of them are not in any other game aside from GT.

It's not as bad as gran Turismo 2's garage limit. 100 out of around 650 was a pain. I have only 419 cars in my garage so far in Gran Turismo 6. I don't want to use the stockyard because of the glitches.

So is the Stockyard fixed 100% or not? I did put a few cars in the stockyard at 1.09 i think and so far, cars are still there.

I've had 300-400 cars in stockyard for weeks/months now without any issues, so from my experience it's fixed. But I can't speak for others of course.

Just found out today about the 500 car limit, I never knew about it, I just assumed that it was unlimited. It's so stupid that PD limits us like this, how are we supposed to own every car in the game? Yes we could put the cars in the stockyard but what if we want to drive a car that is in the stockyard and we're in a lobby? It's just so inconvenient that I would have to leave the lobby just to restore a car and put another in the stockyard, there needs to be someway to access that stockyard while online so that we wouldn't have to do this or the limit needs to be removed. I hope this is changed in the future.

I am sure people have mentioned it already but at least put a already owned marker on the cars in the stockyard with a different color like green. I with there wasn't a stockyard and I don't think there will be one with the processing power of the PS4, but it is really annoying sometimes I think I don't own a car and yet it is hiding in my stockyard. I am one of the few who does indeed want one of every car in the game.

I am sure people have mentioned it already but at least put a already owned marker on the cars in the stockyard with a different color like green. I with there wasn't a stockyard and I don't think there will be one with the processing power of the PS4, but it is really annoying sometimes I think I don't own a car and yet it is hiding in my stockyard. I am one of the few who does indeed want one of every car in the game.

I want one of every car as well but I don't want to have to leave the lobby and put 800 cars in my stockyard just to get one out.

GT5 had a 2000 car garage limit but that's still 4 times more than GT6. Another downgrade.

I don't use the Stockyard so have to sell a car to buy a new one. Been at 500 for a while and it's an inconveience.
Exactly.
It's EXTREMELY inconvenient and frustrating. Nobody wanted this.
I do wish we would have been given an explanation as to why this exists.

It almost certainly exists due to the memory limits of the PS3. I'm guessing the game preloads some assets (or at least a significant amount of metadata) for each car you have in your garage. I suspect the active garage limit will probably be much higher in GT7.

The stockyard wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the loss of the "owned" checkmark. There shouldn't be any memory limit issues with storing a simple flag on each car marking whether it is owned or not, but it's likely that the "owned" flag system isn't that simple and updating it to mark owned cars in the stockyard might be rather difficult, depending on exactly how they've implemented it.

It almost certainly exists due to the memory limits of the PS3. I'm guessing the game preloads some assets (or at least a significant amount of metadata) for each car you have in your garage. I suspect the active garage limit will probably be much higher in GT7.

The stockyard wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the loss of the "owned" checkmark. There shouldn't be any memory limit issues with storing a simple flag on each car marking whether it is owned or not, but it's likely that the "owned" flag system isn't that simple and updating it to mark owned cars in the stockyard might be rather difficult, depending on exactly how they've implemented it.
That was my guess too, not enough memory. But how did GT5 let us hold 2000? Because it doesn't hinder the PS3/servers as badly as GT6?

I wouldn't care about how many cars we could have in our garage, as long as opening and closing the stockyard to retrieve or (re)place a car did not take so long... Djeez... :scared:

I do wish we would have been given an explanation as to why this exists.

There are hundreds of things that need explanations from PD when it comes to lame-brain ideas that PD thought were great ideas. For some reason PD likes to 🤬 with us and makes decisions based on the most off the wall way to do things that have no basis in logic.

I understand that the 500 cars garage limit is a measure from PD in order to not have a garage delay. But the problem with the stockyard is that cars in there does not appear on the concessionaires as already bought. It seems like a bug to me. Now you say that these cars are disappearing. This is terrible! I'm fully despondent on collecting cars with this situation. And this was a thing that made me to play GT5 for a long time.

No. Just no. A list of 1000 or 2000 items in computation? That's like nothing! The only thing that may consume memory/time is the small thumbnails that shows the picture of your car. But they could load the first 50, and then loading the rest on background as you scrolled down the list. Or at last resort, I'd rather have no images on the list, even if it was rather inconvenient as well.

It's not ps3 fault, it's just PD not doing it right. I believe.

YES YES YES YES!!! THIS! My opinion too. Again, it's PD not doing it right!!!

PD complains about how ps3 is a limitation, but for me, the problems in the game are simple details that PD fails to see. How is shuffle a limitation on ps3? How is sorting your garage by model/km a limitation? And that checkmark and a nice carreer and nice events that follow different styles and that feature that let's you chose one friend and join the same lobby his in?

For me, graphics and physics are fine as they are. That's why that GT7 hype is not affecting me.

It should be more than 500 cars garage limit but I really like the stockyard to where you put all or some cars in there, but I don't like the way when you go to the dealership and there is no tick that indicates you brought the car or not.

That was my guess too, not enough memory. But how did GT5 let us hold 2000? Because it doesn't hinder the PS3/servers as badly as GT6?

You guys all tend to forget how painfully slow was GT5 in menus compared to GT6? There must be some good reason why there is a 500 car limit. Even if you have these 500 cars, garage loads fine. Now try to load the stockyard and see how slow it is. Do you really want it? Yes, it is a limitation, but it has its purpose. I'm pretty sure in next GT on PS4 we won't have such thing.

only the amg vision gt disappears while in there. also avoid buying the nsx concept and bmw m4 and deltawing until after or they may corrupt your game data.

Ive just come back from a long break from GT6 (about a year or o..?). I came back to most of my cars beeing in the stockyard, including the AMG VGT and they were all still there :)

Lmao I'm not complaining I barely have 50 cars let alone 500.... Besides I only plan on having 200 or so cars.

...huh.

Curious, for you people approaching the max: do you actively drive 400+ cars? Or do you just have a stable of garage queens you like to look at?

Not trying to flame anyone; I'm genuinely curious. I have maybe 20 - 30 cars that I use regularly and rotate through, with the rest just looking pretty in my garage.

...huh.

Curious, for you people approaching the max: do you actively drive 400+ cars? Or do you just have a stable of garage queens you like to look at?

Not trying to flame anyone; I'm genuinely curious. I have maybe 20 - 30 cars that I use regularly and rotate through, with the rest just looking pretty in my garage.

I do actively drive all of my cars, some more than others but I do use them all and to me this garage limit is just silly.

The garage limit is there because of limited available memory. I agree, it would be nice, if the check-marks were available in the dealership, but to do that, you also have to have a full list of all cars you own in memory, or you have to load it every time you access the dealership.

They simply tried to reduce the loading times to some bearable level, and they had to make some compromises to achieve that. I think that overall it's a vast improvement to how GT5 handled it. At which level would all people have been satisfied...? 750? 1000? At that point, it was probably behaving too much like in GT5, so they kept it at 500.

If it is really done to improve load times in the menu's I'm fine with the limit. (And a stock yard)
Especially because you can buy any car at any time. At the moment I have 233 cars which I all used.

But I do miss the whole collecting business as in previous GT's. I like to have some exclusive cars in the game you can only win after a difficult license test or championship.

In GT5, I collected all models and had 1540 cars including many with 0/0/0.

Back