"502 Bad Gateway" thread issue

• Thread starter Skython
  • 3 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
In my own thread, of all of the others. :lol:

In this thread, I have the issue where it says "502 Bad Gateway ____ nginx." When I'm not logged in I can access the thread as per normal. It's only when I'm logged in that it happens. Now I'm no professional, but I think the cause is in a post draft that I have saved in that thread. Hence why it only occurs when I'm logged in. The issue was identical on other browsers too, which is obvious when you think about it.

Last edited:
I see a log of the error (the thread itself displays just fine for me), but I suspect it's a bug in the forum software core, which I can't fix until the latest update is deployed. Is there something odd/unusual with your suspicious draft?

Not that I'm aware. The draft is large, and has colour coding and images from Flickr. It's not possible for me to delete the draft without entering the thread, is it? Is it possible for administration to delete the draft, or are drafts completely inaccessible to even staff?

Though if it's easier just to wait for the latest update to go live for the issue to be fixable, and it's no issue for users, then it can wait.

@Jordan In relation to the problem the site has been having that you've just fixed (it would appear), I can now get into the thread. So thank you very much. 👍 :cheers: Problem resolved. :)

Back