6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

Just cut all of the corners. It seems to be acceptable around here.

Your sarcasm is not wasted. lol

However, can you point to the corners that should be cut on R246. I can't seem to find any grass to drive across or cones to plow through...

Tried Tokyo R246 with my S2000 LM Tuning Car but always still finished 2nd every time. :guilty:

Do you have an Amuse R1? Give it some power upgrades and adjustable transmission (set to 170mph). Don't mess with the suspension. It's perfect.

This car OWNS this event. It smokes the Series 1 by over 10 seconds.

I noticed during a replay that the AI-driven Shelby Series 1 doesn't have the stock exhaust. According to the sound the opponent car must have a sport-exhaust fittet (easy to identify since the Shelby is degraded to a 4-cylinder sound with a sport-exhaust). Did anyone notice other modified Bob-cars in the FR-event? I cannot remember any seasonal event where the Bob's had something else than a stock car. Or was I just unperceptive in this regard?

I noticed during a replay that the AI-driven Shelby Series 1 doesn't have the stock exhaust. According to the sound the opponent car must have a sport-exhaust fittet (easy to identify since the Shelby is degraded to a 4-cylinder sound with a sport-exhaust). Did anyone notice other modified Bob-cars in the FR-event? I cannot remember any seasonal event where the Bob's had something else than a stock car. Or was I just unperceptive in this regard?

I don't know if they have tuning parts fitted per se, many AI cars since an update or two ago sound like they are rocking sports exhausts, even comparitively low-powered FF cars. I think it is part of PD trying to make the race sounds and other cars more "dynamic" but to me it is very unrealistic, especially next to the sound of the player's car.

Try a few of the lower power seasonals again to see what I mean, perhaps try a replay in chase cam or in-car view.

just won at Mt. Aso in an MX5 at 345pp by 2 seconds over the corvette in a time of 8min 56secs

Used a Carbon R (R34) 04'
I have a "Drift" tune for this car, decided to try it on this challenge.
All I did was turn the power limiter down so the car fit the 500PP restriction, i got into 1st place on lap 5 and no one was coming close to me :]

PM for tune if interested

Won Cape Ring by 4 second difference

won the rest with the ae86 (based off the tune you have posted)

Last edited:
Yep. I struggled for two laps thinking how bad I got after missing a day of driving until I jumped out and checked the settings and saw I was on the harder tires.

I had a low mileage Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03 pop up in the used dealer. From the UCD it's rated 508 with dirty oil. Lowered the down force in the rear to 5 and then adjusted the chip (turned the engine down until it reached 500PP) and took it for a spin. I must admit I've never been a fan of the milddle age Fairlady/Z's (this one being newer of course), but this thing is a blast. Nice revs, excellent grip, a bit of a gurgle instead of the usual high pitch wine and against what I would have thought, it almost begs to be thrown around versus the usual steady in and steady out.

It'll beat the Shelby by 10-15 seconds depending on the course. The car can easily be dropped in PP and raced for more money. Plus for a standard the inside is nice enough to drive from the cab view.

Thanks for that tip. 👍 Luckily I found a Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune in my garage and tried it against the first lineup at Mt Aso. It had a Series 1 on pole but I caught it easily and finally won this event after trying loads of other cars.

Have my 86 GT '12 @ 394 PP / 177 HP
Top speed is 158
Messed with suspension a bit to get a great corner cutter for MT Aso.
Finished 7 secs ahead of the BMW m3 passed him on lap 5
Gonna tune down further.. thinkin 365
getting payed 150k/min atm

I did this race with a tuned Shelby One Series, I had problems doing these with the Camaro, but the Shelby is really good.

Just did Mt. Aso with a 86 GT '12, 370pp. Very fun! I guess I was lucky with the Infiniti in 1st...

Here are the screenshots (Sorry for the quality, pictures taken with my Cellphone):

C'mon DCSemi:
This tune is Praiano's with power level reduced to 50%
Not nice

C'mon DCSemi:
This tune is Praiano's with power level reduced to 50%
Not nice

Sure is.
@DCSemi: If you are going to post someone elses tune, at least give them proper credit for it. It's just proper etiquette in the tuning community.

I'm revisiting this challenge with a stock DB9 Coupe. I'd forgotten how much fun it was first time around. Having won two of the races on SH tyres, and podiumed the others, I'm going to try again on SM. Anyone else run these races with this car as stock?

with the new pp system it is possible to comfortably at mt. Aso with a 315pp MX5 and you get over 2million credits :)

Back