6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

Had to put my 320i back to normal for autumn ring due to a m3 being there.

The m3 and series one seem to be the two rabbit cars.

I had to put some upgrades to my 86 gt at autumn ring too. This series one is very hard to beat. I don't like rabbit cars..you spend a half of the race trying to avoid the slower cars and the other half trying to catch the leading.
Anyway...i like high speed ring so i'm going to focus on that race and maybe cape ring

I did beat the M3 to win at the Cape Ring but that Shelby is stupid fast..

FR = Awesome. My favorite cars to drive.

And the best part... No prius. :D

I only wish the ring was included.

Ironically I was actually thinking the Camaro SS '10 was a good car to try.

Ironically I was actually thinking the Camaro SS '10 was a good car to try.

Not ironic at all, considering how well the SS10 did in the Cape Ring TT.

The Shelby ruled that event but the SS10 was within a couple of tenths.

And for anybody that wants to try those cars the tunes for that event will be great for these events, possibly with some changes to power and gearing. That event was TT29.

The Opera S2000 is still going to be quicker than either of those cars though. The only reason it didn't dominate the CR TT was that it wasn't allowed.

Last edited:
Enjoyed premium S2000 '06 for the first track. Then used the S2000 LM Race Car - busy bringing the pp down......

Just attempted high speed ring twice in a stock silverado sst concept and came second twice. Damn Shelby won by 5:5xd seconds first time and 0:941 the second time :confused: Even with all the power I have I cant get him.

I detuned my California to 272hp and 18 ish kg (max ballast at the back) should be around 440-450pp and it works fine for the Tokyo one.

How much EXP for each events?

I hope there is a good grinding solution in those events, I'm almost Lv. 39, need 3 trophies for the Platinum... can't wait to be "done" with this game :P

wow! this looks great...love FR cars..cant wait to try it out! 👍

Also had a go around Cape Ring in a Ginetta G4 using the Regulations its set to in a race series I'm in ( 108bhp, 500kg) 449pp. Ended up 2nd to the M3 only 6:5xx seconds off in the end. I reckon that will be a nice project car for someone to fiddle with, someone who is probably more accustomed to tuning than myself.

I used the 2002 BMW Turbo 1973 with just under 500PP & won the cape ring easily as you would expect having near enough the PP limit, having problems putting the power down exiting corners though, that BMW I'm using is a real feisty bugger!

Forgot what my coin award was but I'll be doing them all again later on.

I ran a Maserati to win all five then an Alfa 8C Competizione and again won all five races. Both cars with all the none pp affecting bells and whistles and enough weight/engine tuning to 500pp. It was hard to get all fve, I took a couple of goes to win on some of the tighter tracks, but great fun.
I do hope they won't produce too many Challenges at 400pp, 500pp or 650pp as I already have dozens of cars tuned to these levels. The 430pp FF Challenge really made me use some cars I've never used before.
Next I'll be running some lower power cars to see how low I can go and still win.

I ran a Maserati to win all five then an Alfa 8C Competizione and again won all five races. Both cars with all the none pp affecting bells and whistles and enough weight/engine tuning to 500pp. It was hard to get all fve, I took a couple of goes to win on some of the tighter tracks, but great fun.
I do hope they won't produce too many Challenges at 400pp, 500pp or 650pp as I already have dozens of cars tuned to these levels. The 430pp FF Challenge really made me use some cars I've never used before.
Next I'll be running some lower power cars to see how low I can go and still win.

Is it not possible to equip the standard parts to lower the PP of said cars?

For more fun and challenge, I use an Alfa 8C Competizione to win all five races (different transmission required for each track). I keep the lighter weight and tune-down engine power to meet 500pp. It was not easy to win all five. It took me a couple runs to win the fast Shelby when it appears. The last track (Aso (Pavement) 104A) was very easy though.

Just used the FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10 with added suspension, lsd, drivetrain; detuned to 400pp - easy win for Mt Asso - overtake the BMW at the end of lap 6. I dont think it would beat the Shelby though.
Winnings: 1.2 million cr.
(Mind you, the pleasure of pumping in a fast lap on Mt Asso far outweighs the prize money!! Superb track - won and lost in the first corner complex and the final off camber hairpin!)

Won CR with a 380pp Trueno, probably not an optimal car but fun! :) Took the lead turn 1 on the last lap.

Just beat Cape Ring with my 425PP GT86. Ran solid 59:5sec laps. The thing runs like it's on rails, simply an amazing car to drive. I won the race by ~2seconds (ahead of the series one SC)

Looks like I'll finally be using the Supra RZ '97

use the SZ-R the non turbo is easier and not as twitchy plus if you are a gluton for punishment like me the stock trans is geared lower in non turbo to compensate for the lack of the turbo.

I just beat the Shelby @ Cape Ring with 400pp by 1.254 seconds, fantastic race. 👍 Don't think me personally can go any lower, with that car against the Shelby though, it's a fast little bugger. :)

use the SZ-R the non turbo is easier and not as twitchy plus if you are a gluton for punishment like me the stock trans is geared lower in non turbo to compensate for the lack of the turbo.

Thanks! I'll give that a whirl.

I just beat the Shelby @ Cape Ring with 400pp by 1.254 seconds, fantastic race. 👍 Don't think me personally can go any lower, with that car against the Shelby though, it's a fast little bugger. :)

Which car were you driving?

NIce- Used a Porky V8 Vantage to get the win

You can't beat a bit of real tree and real cow (Walnut dash and Leather seats)

got alot of cars that say they are over 500pp but when you get in them they drop down to 460 or so...

Grids still seem to have a couple of hares that get a big lead, but if you don't over egg your car often there is a monster scrap for 3rd... had one with 6-7 cars swapping places and going 3 wide.

AI grids
Rough lap speed and then final race time in Red

R246
Series 1 (2m02s - 9m53s)
Z Z34 (2m04s - ?m??s)
BMW Concept 1 (2m06s - ?m??s)

Autumn Ring
Series 1 (1m30s - 7m14s)
Coupe Concept (1m35s - 7m35s)
350Z GT4 (1m35s - 7m37s)

HSR
M3 (1m21s - 6m35)
Grand Sport (?m??s - 6m43s)
Z4 ( ?m??s - 6m49s)

Mt Aso 104A
RX7 Spirit (1m18s - 8m48s)
Fairlady Z Version S (1m18s - 8m55s)
Fairlady Z (z34) (1m17s - 8m56s)

Mt Aso 104a
M3 (8m48s)
135i Coupe (8m59s)
300ZX 2 seater Z32 (9m05s)

Ryk
got alot of cars that say they are over 500pp but when you get in them they drop down to 460 or so...

Those are cars you haven't used (or at least haven't tuned) since back when tires were a part of the PP formula. When PD took tires out of PP it lowered the PP of all cars.

The garage doesn't update the PP number until you do something to change PP of that car.

You may already know this...

Back