6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

The point was to post a reply, of sorts, to mister chev69elle. He asked me to use the SUPRA SZ-R. The intent was to win and work the performance points down from there. So, it was a start. I take offense when people would rather criticize with no advice than to constructively criticize. I'm well aware of the fact that 499PP is 1 below the 500PP, but I was attempting to defeat the Shelby Series One. If you have a tune which works for the SUPRA SZ-R at a lower PP, be my guest. My intent is to find a tune which works for the seasonal and, in turn, help others having difficulty finding a car or tune.It is my understanding that some of the GT planet users come here for help, advice and constructive criticism on tuning, cars to use, etc, do they not?

For those who are wondering, I'm currently using someone else's tune for the SUPRA SZ-R suspension and LSD with a few minor tweaks. Having said that, I tuned the transmission myself using a method I saw posted on this site(Final gear to the right all the way-top speed to the left all the way). If anyone know's the original poster of that method, feel free to credit him. I'm not here for fame or recognition. I'm here to help and be helped, respectfully.
I see, calm down, didn't mean anything by it.
Because of your 👎 I thought you was disappointed by the Performance bonus :sly:

Just done mine 👍

Like a few others i used a 86 '12 (priaiano tune)

Started at 450pp won all races easily, then i dropped to 430pp, again won allraces quite easily..right im off to watch the football..:)

Think I found a new contender for Mt. Aso - seems that an '07 Miata Roadster with a supercharger and detuned to 390pp nets a relatively easy win (if you don't screw up like me) against the Corvette GS. Got about 1.3 million cr for 9min of racing. Probably could do better with a decent tune if anyone can find one.

Edit: Gave it another go with some extra parts and an ok tune (my tunes are pure 🤬), beat the GS by a good 5-6 seconds without much wall-hitting. Will try to lower the PP some more.

This is actually getting addicting to find slow, yet competitive cars xD.

Edit 2: Here's the tune, toned down to 385pp (just adjust the power limiter for more PP). Car is stock with about 50-100mi (don't really know) from trying the Roadster Edurance long ago. No oil change.
Parts-
Wing
Supercharger
6-Speed close-ratio transmission
Single- or twin-plate clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
LSD
Carbon driveshaft
Fully customizeable suspension

Tune- F=Front, R=Rear
-Downforce: 0F 6R
-Ballast: None
-Power limiter: 73.5%
-LSD: Front: None
Rear: Initial Torque-13 Acceleration sensitivity-34 Braking sensitivity-8
-Suspension:
Ride height: -10F -8R
Spring rate: 8.5F 9.2R
Dampers (extension): 7F 6R
Dampers (compression: 7F 6R
Roll bars: 2F 3R
Camber: 1.5F 2.1R
Toe: -0.02F 0.10R
-Brake balance: 6F 7R

Not the best tune since I can't tune for 🤬. Should be about 143-145hp and 181ft-lbs torque. Best used against the Corvette GS and Infinit Coupe Concept, and maybe the M3. Nets a good 1,375,000cr@385pp with a 200% bonus.

Last edited:
I've been using the Mazda 07 roadster too, works great on Aso. I think you will find it easier to win at a given PP without the supercharger and wing though. Teh supercharger adds area under the curve that doesn't get used. I was winning against the M3 fairly easily at 380pp (~161hp +ballast) with no engine mods. Against the Corvette you could run even lower if you can manage to get in with it.

Been playing cat and mouse with the Shelby at HSR. As most of you know he's seconds faster per lap than any other AI car.

After trying several cars I wound up with the Maserati. I'm down to 440PP and I get second on lap 2. Then hammer down and claw my way to the Shelby. Just got him in the final turn, with a little defensive driving down to the finish.

Not as high a payout as running at 370PP but I'm having trouble spending the money I get anyway. :crazy:

LSD Tune- F=Front, R=Rear
Rear: Initial Torque-10 Acceleration sensitivity-25 Braking sensitivity-10
Suspension:
Ride height: -10F -9.5R
Spring rate: 7.5F 9.5R
Dampers (extension): 8F 6R
Dampers (compression: 7F 6R
Roll bars: 1F 2R
Camber: 2.5F 2.0R
Toe: -0.05F 0.08R
-Brake balance: 6F 6R

Try this [LSD and suspension only]tune from my Mazda Roadster '07. If this is similiar to any "claimed" tunes, I apologize. I would assume there's a chance if it works for me it must work for others. I use the LSD settings I learned from Motor City Hami. Other than that, I just worked my way to it thru trial and error. No genius involved or claimed...

Last edited:
Really enjoying the Mt Aso track, A bit too much camber/banking in places but the final chicane and off camber hairpin is a real wet fish to the face after so much high speed commitment.

Maserati is top fun here - such a long car, I thought I was going to ground out over some of the crests.

May test some of these OCD Vettes to see if a bit of Kentucky Chicken can fry the opposition

The S2000 LM Race Car is a little beast for this event. Can take Autumn Ring, no matter the grid, at 430PP. You don't even have to drive that well.

re: the debate about downtuning...

I don't have any problem downtuning street cars for street car races. But I don't use race cars in street car events. I don't even think about it, so when I see someone say they used the Roadster TC or the S2000 LM I'm like "wait, what?" Just because it would never occur to me.

But to each his own.

The S2000 LM Race Car is a little beast for this event. Can take Autumn Ring, no matter the grid, at 430PP. You don't even have to drive that well.

I agree, the S2000 LM Race car is a beast![Off topic] I recently bought one in the UCD and drove it around Circuito de Madrid with a time second best only to my SKYLINE GT-R (R34)TC. I'll give it a shot at 430PP on Autumn Ring. Question: did you lower or raise your suspension ride height for the Autumn Ring in the S2000?

Last edited:
mazda roadster tc

mazda_roadster_tc.jpg

downforce''
20/50

ballast
amount 95
position 50

specs
271hp
890 kg
500 pp

parts to buy
chassis reinforcement
engine tuning stage 3
high rpm turbo

transmission
1st 3.281
2nd 2.303
3rd 1.710
4th 1.283
5th 1.012
final 3.093
top speed 162

lsd
inital torque 8
acceleration sensitivity 12
braking sensitivity 20

suspension
ride height -20/-20 camber 3.0/2.0
spring rate 10.0/11.0 toe angle -0.20/0.00
dampers extension 6/7
dampers compression 7/8
antiroll bars 6/7

brakes
2/7

tires sport medium

i won the 500pp seasonal event with this tune.it's kinda oversteery but the steering still pretty good and it could keep up to a shelby series one cobra

Anyone golded Tokyo with a 400pp or less car??

I'm aiming for that with a Bellett 1600 GT-R '69... pretty tough...

Just got third with a 400pp '86 at Tokyo, couldn't catch the the shelby but if you put in a great drive with the M3 out front I'd say its possible

I did it at 430 in the Opera. No Shelby. I won by a few seconds. Probably possible at 400.

Hey everyone... I just got 1st on Mt.Aso with a Toyota 86GT@350pp with Praiano's Tune.

Lap 1. Sadly I didn't record it :(
Lap 2. 1.17:414
Lap 3. 1.17:970
Lap 4. 1.16:734
Lap 5. 1.17:959
Lap 6. 1.17:440
Lap 7. 1.17:930
Total Time: 9.04:939

The car at the head of the pack was a Coupe Concept and I beat him by 1.687secondd.

Total Payout: $1.691.550@200%bonus (PDA $1.333.550)

I did it at 430 in the Opera. No Shelby. I won by a few seconds. Probably possible at 400.

Got 2nd. 9.5 secs behind Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96 with a 400pp 86 GT '12.

I'll be trying at 420pp then drop by little a few time to get the lowest pp I can.

I won tokyo against the corvette at 400pp so it's possible. Don't even want to try with the Shelby though!

With the 420pp 86 GT '12, I've won by 3.4 secs (Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96).

My problem with Tokyo R246 is the long straight, I'm not fast enough... I get to about 125mph MAX which is way less than any other car in the lineup...

I don't know how I could fix this. Transmission? I can't get the right tune...

I don't like low PP races... :/

But anyway... I might give it a try this weekend...

I just won at Mt.Aso with a 380pp Mugen S2000 up against the Coupe Concept in a very poorly driven race on my part. My fastest lap was a 1:14.789(non drafting) and the next fastest was in the 1:16's. I finished with a 8:58.535 that could have been 5secs faster but the next obvious step is to simply go lower on pp. I hadn't heard from anyone in this thread trying the Mugen yet so I'd like to hear some times from the Aliens out there and see what they can do with it.

I couldn't find a tune for it that wasn't my own so I just used the tune I had for my Opera S2000 and that seemed to work for now. If anyone has one tailor-made I'd love to see it!

I really need to find some time to just see what and at what pp consistently can beat the Shelby since it is the most annoying hair of the bunch.

I found my LFA (Lexus) wins every race easily @ 440PP and 200kg of ballast. Unfortunately cannot reduce the power any lower.
Still working on Cape Ring with the 86GT-12, have only managed 3rd @ 380PP although I know they are winning it @ 370PP.
Perhaps I need to find the right starting line up.

I'm winning Cape Ring in an Opera s2000 tuned down to 390pp by 10 seconds over the coupe concept, about to add the other 130kg of weight and see if it is still winnable, that will bring pp down to 380.

Don't get how people are golding at 350pp. Tried the tunes for the 86gt and I could get to about 3rd but was always 25+sec from 1st. And with mt aso, you lose ground on the straight and that uphill section.

CHALLENGE: Beat one of the races in the Tank Car. Its 530 PP stock at 28 KM, so with some power limiting down to around 650 HP, it would be 493 PP

With the 420pp 86 GT '12, I've won by 3.4 secs (Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96).

My problem with Tokyo R246 is the long straight, I'm not fast enough... I get to about 125mph MAX which is way less than any other car in the lineup...

I don't know how I could fix this. Transmission? I can't get the right tune...

Transmission if critical at low power. Also get every draft you can.

Don't get how people are golding at 350pp. Tried the tunes for the 86gt and I could get to about 3rd but was always 25+sec from 1st. And with mt aso, you lose ground on the straight and that uphill section.

Hey, I just won it at 350pp with the 86gt and the best advice I can give is try to keep your speed through every turn. And more than anything, avoid crashing card from behind because they'll slow you down waaay too much. Also, make sure there is a coupe concept or a Toyota supra at the head of the pack. Hope I helped you out.

I can't get anything other than the Shelby, m3 or rx-7 spirit that always run away.

Jahgee1124
CHALLENGE: Beat one of the races in the Tank Car. Its 530 PP stock at 28 KM, so with some power limiting down to around 650 HP, it would be 493 PP

Too bad there's not a race in Kart Space.

Back