710 PP Sesonal: Nürburgring AI cheating?

• Thread starter Corkonian
  • 1 comments
Ireland
Ireland
katopp
Hello and thanks for having me...
I used to be a petrol head with a motorsport license in the good ol' 1980's. Nowadays I can only enjoy racing on the screen. Money, time, wife, kids, job ... the whole shebang.
Still, I'm a bit, erm ... bugged off. Could it be that the AI is cheating?
Due to the fact that Sony/PD is shutting down the servers soon, I am going to do as many Seasonals as I can and I've done a lot so far. The stupid "Comfort Soft" limitations of some seasonals are bugging me, but what bugs me more is that I believe the AI is cheating.
Currently I'm doing the 710PP Seasonal and I'm doing the 'Ring - which I know well from my past life experience. Apart from the fact that you can't do the line that you're used to, it bvugs me that the AI is clearly "adopting". When I started that Seasonal, the Jaguar was doing 6:20 to 6:18. I've adopted to the differences of computer driving using a standard PS3 dualshock (digital throttle & brakes, can't use the right stick properly due to an old injury) and currently I'm down to 6:20. Unfortunately the Jag is improving too and the last race the Jag was doing a 6:14:51
The faster I go, the faster he goes. I'm overtaking the whole other bunch of cars before Breitscheid, on a bad day before Bergwerk, but I only get a whiff of the leading Jag when I enter the Karussell and he just gets out. Then he's gone until Pflanzgarten and I can see him just disappearing onto Doettinger Hoehe when I exit the kleines Karussel at Schwalbenschwanz. No chance to cath up on Doettinger Hoehe itself due to the lack of draft...
Highly frustrating.
How fast will that stupid Jaguar finally go around the Ring? Won't think I could squeeze more than 6:18 out of that Nissan...

AI is cr@p in this game. Either they jump in front of you or they brake at the most stupid places imaginable.
Won Nurburgring with a low 6:16. That is cr@p, too. 6:16 ismore magic than you can do on the Ring. Unless You're Stefan Belloff and flip over your ar at Pflanzgarten...

Edit: WTF? I switched from the Nissan to the BMW LM car and it just destroyed the competition.

Last edited:
Back