7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Hi DonkeyFuzz,

would like to join benetton as your teammate. You know benetton has a hidden traction control :-) ... joke...

@ Shaggy Alonso: Could your correct my PSN_ID in entry Post? Thank you

Best regards

DarkPSI84

I've sent all participants an add on PSN, if you ever fancy a bit of practice and I'm online send me a message guys :)

I've sent all participants an add on PSN, if you ever fancy a bit of practice and I'm online send me a message guys :)

Yes, could everyone else please do the same, the sooner the better because we'll have to some practice in together at some stage.

I'm just going to float this idea out to the group, but would anyone have any objections to the race distance being increased to 50%? I will not change it unless it suits everyone.

Hi DonkeyFuzz,

would like to join benetton as your teammate. You know benetton has a hidden traction control :-) ... joke...

Sure I'll be your team mate :) Ah the days when Schumacher ruled supreme...

@Shaggy - I'm happy doing 50% distance races.

Sure I'll be your team mate :) Ah the days when Schumacher ruled supreme...

@Shaggy - I'm happy doing 50% distance races.

I can vote for 50% and no aids.

For the team's championship (great idea) I can be with second Polish driver (vavie_krk)? And team... Brabham?

Last edited:
@ Donkey Fuzz
great so team benetton is ours.

@ all
50% would be great

@Shaggy Alonso
could you correct my psn nick on entry post? it's DarkPSI84 without a "1"

best regards

DarkPSI84

I can vote for 50% and no aids.

For the team's championship (great idea) I can be with second Polish driver (vavie_krk)? And team... Brabham?

Yeah i'm sure that'll be fine upuaut, although i'd send vavie_krk a message to check it with him, but I can't see why he wouldn't 👍 I'll put you down for Brabham in the mean time.

Hi DonkeyFuzz,

@ Shaggy Alonso: Could your correct my PSN_ID in entry Post? Thank you

Best regards

DarkPSI84

Ahh, Benetton looks like being a formiddable team now with that driver line up :scared:

Sorry Dark, i'll correct that now 👍

Hey everyone, looking forward to racing in a good championship!

50% is great for me.

What is the current team situation? Am I the only North American in this?

Hey Shaggy,

Unfortunately I have not been able to connect to any XBL games since November of last year due to my poor internet connection and have only played F12010 a handful of times 👎

What I really do miss though is the ability to use my G27 on the Xbox, I am currently using the Fanatec Wheel which seems too chunky to use with F12010. Once my internet connection is fixed I may get the PS3 version and jump online with the old F1CE crew :)

Good luck with the Championship, and I look forward to reading the race reports 👍

Hey Shaggy,

Unfortunately I have not been able to connect to any XBL games since November of last year due to my poor internet connection and have only played F12010 a handful of times 👎

What I really do miss though is the ability to use my G27 on the Xbox, I am currently using the Fanatec Wheel which seems too chunky to use with F12010. Once my internet connection is fixed I may get the PS3 version and jump online with the old F1CE crew :)

Good luck with the Championship, and I look forward to reading the race reports 👍

Really? That's a pity. F1 2010 is a better game than F1:CE in most respects, and i've found it pretty unputdownable since it came out. I've barely even played GT5 as a result, probably only got about 5-6 hours on that compared with about 300 most likely with F1 2010.

The online racing is fantastic as well, so long as you're racing with good, like-minded, clean racers, as is always the case. The collision detection is almost perfect and there's usually no lag. Gone are the days of having to brake 80 metres early just to avoid crashing into someone - close and consistent racing really is possible in F1 2010 and is an absolute joy to behold. Combine this with real time qualifying sessions, fully dynamic weather, fuel load simulation and tyre degradation and you'd have to say us Formula 1 fans have never had it so good 👍

I just can't wait for this championship to get started. I couldn't believe the last one ended so quickly, even despite GT5 coming out. That's how much I enjoy F1 2010, especially online with friends.

EDIT:

Hey everyone, looking forward to racing in a good championship!

50% is great for me.

What is the current team situation? Am I the only North American in this?

Sorry Numb, I completely missed your post. Yes, you're the only North American in this championship. With that in mind, is the 19:30 GMT start time suitable for you? I didn't realise you were Canadian. Looks like we've got an early favourite for Round 8 in Montreal :sly:

Last edited:
Hey Shaggy,

Thanks for the update and sorry I don't want to clutter your thread but just a quick question regarding the G25/G27 set up :)

On the Xbox 360 version with the Fanatec Wheel or even the MS Wheel, half throttle on the actual pedals would translate to full throttle within the game. Is this the same with the G25/G27 ? I found this to be a big issue (on the 360), and another reason why I stopped playing this game 👎

Thanks.

Hey Shaggy,

Thanks for the update and sorry I don't want to clutter your thread but just a quick question regarding the G25/G27 set up :)

On the Xbox 360 version with the Fanatec Wheel or even the MS Wheel, half throttle on the actual pedals would translate to full throttle within the game. Is this the same with the G25/G27 ? I found this to be a big issue (on the 360), and another reason why I stopped playing this game 👎

Thanks.

No, this definitely isn't an issue with the G25, Gyles. The throttle travel is pretty well simulated, plus its sensitivity can be tweaked from the in game menu if needs be.

I've found your problem more prominent in GT5 with my G25 actually. Between half and full travel there only seems to be a 90% - 100% difference in throttle. And just touching the brakes applies 100% of them. It's completely ridiculous 👎

Hi @all,

I have had a serious discussion with my race engineer at benetton, because I was not so happy with the car behaviour on bahrain circuit, especially in the slow infield. :-)

So my race engineer gave me this interesting article and soon I was able to give him better feedback and we could work some things out.
http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Enjoy ;-)

Best regards

DarkPSI84

Hi @all,

I have had a serious discussion with my race engineer at benetton, because I was not so happy with the car behaviour on bahrain circuit, especially in the slow infield. :-)

So my race engineer gave me this interesting article and soon I was able to give him better feedback and we could work some things out.
http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Enjoy ;-)

Best regards

DarkPSI84

I see the staff at Benetton are very dedicated 👍 Here at Tyrrell, everyone just sits round in sun loungers, wears short-shorts and smokes all day - not much gets done :guilty:

I see the staff at Benetton are very dedicated 👍 Here at Tyrrell, everyone just sits round in sun loungers, wears short-shorts and smokes all day - not much gets done :guilty:

LOL, You can be lucky. Here at benetton they tell me the whole day about black magic suspension settings schumacher used 1994-1995. its really exhausting ;-)

Best regards

DarkPSI84

LOL, You can be lucky. Here at benetton they tell me the whole day about black magic suspension settings schumacher used 1994-1995. its really exhausting ;-)

Best regards

DarkPSI84

Indeed, that 94' championship is so tainted it's unreal. But that's another discussion......*hopes Nev doesn't read this post* ;)

Back on topic, we've decided to bring in reserve drivers for the championship. Seeing as interest in it is quite high and there's only 12 race seats, we're opening up another 6 spaces, one for each team to have a reserve driver each. Again, it is the entrant's choice for which team they wish to join.

The way this will work is that if a driver is unable to race one week, then they can call upon their reserve driver to fill in. The reserve driver is earning points for himself and the team. The reserve driver will not score championship points for the absent driver.

Indeed, that 94' championship is so tainted it's unreal. But that's another discussion......*hopes Nev doesn't read this post* ;)

Risky post there Shaggy ;)

Shaggy's got here before me about reserves, so basically, what he has said are the rules we're going to be following for reserve drivers as this championship is filling up very quickly.

Great to hear from Gyles again, would be great if you got F1 2010 for the PS3 even though you haven't been on for about 5 and a half months :crazy:

Hey I'll join you at brawn cjh. But if I don't get equal treatment from the team I'm leaving! :)

19:30 works for me Shaggy, my Sunday afternoons are usually free.

Hi @all F1 Championship Drivers,

Today 19:30 GMT (UK Meantime) I'll on Bahrain Circuit. Hope somebody will be online to. I will send Invitations.

See you (hopefully)

DarkPSI84

Question for the organisers, apologies if its in the OP but I can't see it. Upon exiting the pits after a pitstop, are we allowed to cross the white line?

Question for the organisers, apologies if its in the OP but I can't see it. Upon exiting the pits after a pitstop, are we allowed to cross the white line?

It's not in my rules but it is in the OLR:

A:
When you enter the pit-lane, you're not allowed to cross the white pit-entry-line. PE-1b: When you exit the pit-lane, you're not allowed to cross the white pit-exit-line.

B:
Cars on the race track have right-of-way over cars entering the race track from the pits. You have to take care not to interfere with other drivers on the track. Swerving in front of upcoming cars to defend your position is not allowed. You have to stay on the same side of the track as the pit exit until the first corner.

I'm glad to see people are checking these finer details of racing etiquette 👍

Back