7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Hi @all F1 Championship Drivers,

Today 19:30 GMT (UK Meantime) I'll on Bahrain Circuit. Hope somebody will be online to. I will send Invitations.

See you (hopefully)

DarkPSI84

Sorry again Dark, i'm busy tonight. I don't suppose anyone would be free for a practice session, any time between 09:00-16:00 (GMT) tomorrow?

EDIT: Sorry for double post

Thanks for clearing that up Shaggy 👍

I'll be online tonight for a bit of practice, I'll not be able to make it tomorrow though, anytime after 19:00 GMT I'll usually be able to join 👍

What a mess... :ouch:

"The Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) announced on Monday that the Kingdom of Bahrain would withdraw from hosting the opening round of the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship so that the country can focus on its process of national dialogue."

Q1. Changing date of start league?
Q2. Start in Bahrain GP or Australian GP?

For me personally it's better to delayed 1 week (I have last GP in my league 6 March). Any suggestions? Feel free to comment :) If nothing will be changed then sorry for my post.

What a mess... :ouch:

"The Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) announced on Monday that the Kingdom of Bahrain would withdraw from hosting the opening round of the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship so that the country can focus on its process of national dialogue."

Q1. Changing date of start league?
Q2. Start in Bahrain GP or Australian GP?

For me personally it's better to delayed 1 week (I have last GP in my league 6 March). Any suggestions? Feel free to comment :) If nothing will be changed then sorry for my post.

I think i'd be happy to delay it for one week, what do the others think?

We'll still be starting the season in Bahrain, after all the game is for the 2010 season, not 2011.

Had fun racing with upuaut and NumbPhase tonight 👍

We came accross something slightly alarming though while practicing. We did a 40% race at Bahrain and both myself and Numb ran out of fuel. Now I understand that at races 40% or higher you run this risk, and I certainly had my engine turned up the whole distance, but Numb turned his engine back down for quite a few laps, and yet he actually ran out before me.

I'll have to get another couple of practice races in before the real thing to try and figure this out. If it becomes apparent that this can happen to anyone, regardless of how they're driving or what setting their engine is at, I might have to switch fuel sim off just for this race (i've been told this only occurs at Bahrain and Valencia).

About the date of the first round, initially i'd really wanted to get it in before the first race of the real f1 season, but seeing as that's been put off now there's no need to have it then. I propose that we postpone it by a week to 13th March and that we hold a formal practice race on 6th March instead, at the same time.

Please let me know if anyone has any objections to this. Thanks 👍

Had fun racing with upuaut and NumbPhase tonight 👍

We came accross something slightly alarming though while practicing. We did a 40% race at Bahrain and both myself and Numb ran out of fuel. Now I understand that at races 40% or higher you run this risk, and I certainly had my engine turned up the whole distance, but Numb turned his engine back down for quite a few laps, and yet he actually ran out before me.

I'll have to get another couple of practice races in before the real thing to try and figure this out. If it becomes apparent that this can happen to anyone, regardless of how they're driving or what setting their engine is at, I might have to switch fuel sim off just for this race (i've been told this only occurs at Bahrain and Valencia).

About the date of the first round, initially i'd really wanted to get it in before the first race of the real f1 season, but seeing as that's been put off now there's no need to have it then. I propose that we postpone it by a week to 13th March and that we hold a formal practice race on 6th March instead, at the same time.

Please let me know if anyone has any objections to this. Thanks 👍

I've had that problem online as well. I was doing a championship race at Bahrain, 50% distance, and was oncourse for 2nd place, I had controlled my engine mapping, and had it on cruise for 1 lap, and had it on standard for a few whilst the rest were set to fast. Coming out of the new tight section, I ran out of fuel, thus demoting me to 6th.

I also had this again at Hungary, and I started to run out of fuel as I crossed the start finish line to start the final lap, but complete fuel loss was at Turn 4. This demoted me from 1st, to 3rd.

We later decided that if anyone should run out of fuel in the last lap of the grand prix, then whatever place they were in when they started to lose fuel, would be the position they would finish in. Not sure what you think of that Shaggy, but I'm fine with fuel sim off too.

As for the race date, I don't mind it being postponed, I need to work on Turn 1 of Bahrain still anyway :)

I've had that problem online as well. I was doing a championship race at Bahrain, 50% distance, and was oncourse for 2nd place, I had controlled my engine mapping, and had it on cruise for 1 lap, and had it on standard for a few whilst the rest were set to fast. Coming out of the new tight section, I ran out of fuel, thus demoting me to 6th.

I also had this again at Hungary, and I started to run out of fuel as I crossed the start finish line to start the final lap, but complete fuel loss was at Turn 4. This demoted me from 1st, to 3rd.

We later decided that if anyone should run out of fuel in the last lap of the grand prix, then whatever place they were in when they started to lose fuel, would be the position they would finish in. Not sure what you think of that Shaggy, but I'm fine with fuel sim off too.

As for the race date, I don't mind it being postponed, I need to work on Turn 1 of Bahrain still anyway :)

I came across this helpful post on the Codemasters forums:

You just need to be careful with the throttle, just putting it in cruise/standard mode isn't enough to make sure you won't run out of fuel. People that regularly overrev the engine will run out of fuel no matter what engine setting they used in race.

Don't turn off fuel sim for leagues, it's part of the fun, ads another element of strategy. It might seem random but believe me, it's all about driving style. As others have said, it's nigh impossible to tun out of fuel on races 30% or lower, the longer the race, the more you must think about fuel management. Some tracks you are more prone to run out on than others.

Just so people understand, over revving the engine consumes more fuel. If this can be avoided then you shouldn't run out. It could be a real heart breaker for whoever it happens to, but i've always aimed for realism in this championship and since i've been reassured that this problem doesn't occur randomly, and that it really is down to the driver, I think i'll keep fuel sim on for this race. I wouldn't be in favour of people finishing wherever their position was when they ran out, because that's always open to dispute and it means the people who manage their throttle usage would get no reward compared to those who have their engine turned up the entire race. In the end, everyone would just have their engine turned up the whole race and most likely everyone would run out of fuel :yuck:

However, it does make it even more important that we all get some practice in before the big night, simulating 50% race distance if possible.

I'm now going to change the race schedule - the existing race that we have scheduled will become a practice race and we shall start the series proper on 13th March instead :)

I think i'll keep fuel sim on for this race. I wouldn't be in favour of people finishing wherever their position was when they ran out, because that's always open to dispute and it means the people who manage their throttle usage would get no reward compared to those who have their engine turned up the entire race.

I agree in 100%. Keep fuel sim ON and we all must be careful with throttle and rev's :nervous:

I'm now going to change the race schedule - the existing race that we have scheduled will become a practice race and we shall start the series proper on 13th March instead :)

Thanks Shaggy and others for delaying start. It's makes possible to finish my league and start with ours pack in Bahrain 👍

I agree in 100%. Keep fuel sim ON and we all must be careful with throttle and rev's :nervous:

Thanks Shaggy and others for delaying start. It's makes possible to finish my league and start with ours pack in Bahrain 👍

No problem Upuaut, I think it's best for everyone if we delay it by just a week, just to iron out any creases in the championship before we get it started.

I meant to ask you, I noticed when we were racing last night that your engine seemed to be screaming its head off, like you were revving very highly the whole time, and yet would I be right in saying that you didn't run out of fuel yet Numb and I did?

Also, has Vavie_krk responded to any of your messages, either on GTP or PSN? He isn't replying to any of my messages either tonight or today, and he's been on F1 2010 the whole time. It's as if maybe he's just left it on and is away from his PS3.

I meant to ask you, I noticed when we were racing last night that your engine seemed to be screaming its head off, like you were revving very highly the whole time, and yet would I be right in saying that you didn't run out of fuel yet Numb and I did?

It's secret weapon in Williams ;) No, not really. I try do low rev most the time. Also I use standard engine more than a half a race. I got yellow light in 2-3 lap before finish line.

Edit: Also, has Vavie_krk responded to any of your messages - still no response :(

Last edited:
It's secret weapon in Williams ;) No, not really. I try do low rev most the time. Also I use standard engine more than a half a race. I got yellow light in 2-3 lap before finish line.

Interesting, I came across you twice and it sounded like you were banging off the rev limiter, but obviously online the audio might not be the most accurate. So you got the yellow light but never the red and didn't run out? Interesting.

What about vavie then, did he reply to any of your messages, either on GTP or PSN?

Hi together,

Out of fuel really depends on driving style. I worked out that extreme qualifying setups (much toe out and negative camber) can bee the reason,as the car needs more power. And of course "rolling" in the curves (hope its right in english that way) helps a lot. Personally my car was only once out of fuel in valencia cause of my agressive driving style.
I'm voting for fuel sim on because its completely different to drive over whole race distance with different fuel ballast. If we would put the fuel sim off, beside of tyre wear, it would be a "longer" qualifying and our long session racers would have a disadvantage.

Interesting, I came across you twice and it sounded like you were banging off the rev limiter, but obviously online the audio might not be the most accurate. So you got the yellow light but never the red and didn't run out? Interesting.

No. Yellow to the end. Thanks to that I beat NumbPhase and recover -1 lap from You :dunce: Thanks to my geriatric driving style :yuck:

No. Yellow to the end. Thanks to that I beat NumbPhase and recover -1 lap from You :dunce: Thanks to my geriatric driving style :yuck:

Nev, Akmuq and I just did a 50% race simulation and I ran out of fuel again despite making what I thought was a decent effort to save fuel. I suppose i did have the engine turned up for about 75% of the race but obviously that still much too long as my entire last lap was on fumes, that lap was about 3 minutes long :yuck:

As regards Vavie, if he doesn't respond any time soon i'm going to consider freeing up his seat. There's probably several people who might want it.

hi everyone
hope to enjoy racing with you
greets
Baumi27

Thanks for posting Baumi, looking forward to racing you soon. The schedule has changed so that 6th March is a formal practice race, the series begins on 13th March instead. We're also looking at increasing the race distance to 50%. I haven't heard any objections to that, and indeed most people seem in favour of it so we'll probably do that.

Cannot wait to get in there and do some races...Bring it on! :)

Anyone fancy an online race, by the way if you do race me then i'll probably be crap because I haven't played the game in months :)

For anyone reading, we'll be holding a practice race at approx 11pm tonight GMT. Let me know if you're interested.

Fuel consumption is going to be critical in this race so i'd definitely get practicing 50% races at Bahrain before the real thing 👍

Just had a practice session with Shaggy Alonso...all was great apart from my car suffering from some form of mechanical fault and Shaggy's running out of fuel....again lol

Hi guys. Happy with a practice race before we kick things off proper. I'll try and get on in the next couple of days for some casual practice too. I'll need to get back into the swing of things as its been a while.

Is anybody still without a teammate?

Yeah for sure. I'll fire it up tomorrow night. I can't promise you much of a race as I expect to be dropping it a fair few times on turn in before I get used to that lift off oversteer again.

Oooh don't worry mate...I've thrown it in the kitty litter a few times myself today :)

Yeah for sure. I'll fire it up tomorrow night. I can't promise you much of a race as I expect to be dropping it a fair few times on turn in before I get used to that lift off oversteer again.

Hey Douqa, how's it going? I know it may be asking a bit much, but would you be on for a race tomorrow night, at 11:45 PM? Dunno if you're a night owl like me, it's just I'm working till 11 tomorrow night.

And yes, Bahrain is full of corners where you can drop it under braking and turn in, probably no other circuit is as bad for it. Fuel consumption is CRITICAL at Bahrain, that's two races in a row where i've ran out. It probably only cost me about 10 seconds in my practice tonight with Tom, but it cost me well over a minute the other night when I ran out just before the final lap started. It honestly could determine who wins in Bahrain.

I should be around tomorrow for a practice race.

Have you been trying different fuel saving strategies Shaggy? Have you noticed anything make any difference at all? I really hope it turns out to be something controllable and not a bug.

I'm still looking for a team/teammate DOUQA.

Hey I want to attend your practice sessions but 11:45 gmt is 0:45 here in germany :-) Hope to meet some of you today.

Fuel Saving Strategies:
Cruise, Standard and Fast Mapping is a point, BUT
I realized that the gear ratios and connected revs have more influence. Try to set the last 2 gear ratios 3 or 4 shifts longer (lower revs). It should work with Fast Mapping over the whole race than.
If it works for you, try non linear gear ratios.

Best regards

DarkPSI

I should be around tomorrow for a practice race.

Have you been trying different fuel saving strategies Shaggy? Have you noticed anything make any difference at all? I really hope it turns out to be something controllable and not a bug.

I'm still looking for a team/teammate DOUQA.

I'm resigned to having to run the entire race in the standard engine mode. I did this last night and got the to the final corner before running out of fuel - this was without the engine turned up at any stage of the race. Infact I ran the last lap in cruise mode but still ran out. However, the previous 50% race I did, I had the engine turned up all the way until lap 18 and I ran out of fuel just before the start of the final lap, which cost me over a minute in time (enough to ruin anyone's race).

It's going to be a bit of a dilemma if i'm fighting at the front with someone, trying to pull away but all the time being wary of my fuel consumption, like Webber vs Hamilton at Turkey last year. I know if I have to turn my engine up at all then at some point i'll have to turn it down to cruise to make it to the end. It's all a balancing act - but I do believe that short shifting, lengthening gear ratios, going slightly easier on the throttle and turning the engine down all does add up - it's not simply a bug.

The bottom line though is that you can't just drive flat out the entire race with the engine turned up and not expect to run out of fuel, it's impossible.

BTW both Numb and Douqa can join Hesketh if you wish?

Hey I want to attend your practice sessions but 11:45 gmt is 0:45 here in germany :-) Hope to meet some of you today.

Fuel Saving Strategies:
Cruise, Standard and Fast Mapping is a point, BUT
I realized that the gear ratios and connected revs have more influence. Try to set the last 2 gear ratios 3 or 4 shifts longer (lower revs). It should work with Fast Mapping over the whole race than.
If it works for you, try non linear gear ratios.

Best regards

DarkPSI

Yes, that occurred to me also. I usually lengthen my ratios in 6th and 7th for extra top speed but it's probably the lower gears where it's guzzling all the fuel. The default gearbox ratios at Bahrain are very short, as if they're set up purely for the stupid infield section. I'll try lengthening most gears to see what the result is in lap time/fuel consumption 👍

Back