888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
ll__VENOM__ll
Thanks to all for the feedback and support over the past year and a bit. The doors are now permanantly closed.

Last edited:
Hey hey, my first "competitor"/friendly rival in the GT5:P market place.👍 Best of luck to your garage my friend. I am a bit disappointed you are a Ford fan though :sly:

Hey hey, my first "competitor"/friendly rival in the GT5:P market place.👍 Best of luck to your garage my friend. I am a bit disappointed you are a Ford fan though :sly:

Cheers Mate.. I hope we can keep this running.. I'd love to see a few racers go head to head with our tunes : )

.. and secretly I reckon holden are building some amazingly good cars ;)

Grenadeshark,

I'll grab your settings from your other post and see what we can do for you.
Just before I start are you finding that the car is letting you down in any particular performance area or part of the track ?

Regs,
888 Tuning

Hey 888 Tuning :cheers:

If it's not too much to ask, I'd like a nice setup for the F40, since I can't control that car :ill:

Thanks!

Cheers Mate.. I hope we can keep this running.. I'd love to see a few racers go head to head with our tunes : )

Regs,
888 Tuning

Yeah, imagine us both in a race, with 2 drivers in front of us using our tunes, duking it out.:D

And secretly I'm pooing my pants that this FG will be damn good, reading reviews. And that I would take Ford after GM.

Hey Red,

Great car, and definately a challenge to drive fast. Smooth is the key here.

Any particular track and PP level ?? I'll assume a 700 and Suzuka setup which makes a good base for the other fast tracks.

Cheers,

888 Tuning

Grenadeshark,

I'll grab your settings from your other post and see what we can do for you.
Just before I start are you finding that the car is letting you down in any particular performance area or part of the track ?

Regs,
888 Tuning

Gearing is probably the biggest issue. Then, it understeers just a hair more then I want it to. Its slow to boot. Can't even pass elise's on the straights... In a viper :(

Id really like it to be in midrange on one of the gears through the 3rd and 4th curves so i can pick up some time there.

Hey Red,

Great car, and definately a challenge to drive fast. Smooth is the key here.

Any particular track and PP level ?? I'll assume a 700 and Suzuka setup which makes a good base for the other fast tracks.

Cheers,

888 Tuning

Yeah exacty that! :bowdown:

Gearing is probably the biggest issue. Then, it understeers just a hair more then I want it to. Its slow to boot. Can't even pass elise's on the straights... In a viper :(

Id really like it to be in midrange on one of the gears through the 3rd and 4th curves so i can pick up some time there.

Mate, that is exactly what I'm after....Perfect !!!
I will be in touch

Regs,
888 Tuning

Grenadeshark,

Your car is ready, please check your PM's.

There is a lot to be gained over the standard settings of this car and a few challenges on HSR to make sure you can really nail that turn 1 apex at full speed.

Let me know how you like it and if you achieve your goal. If you need any changes let me know, I have your personal settings filed away.

Regs,

888 Tuning

Red,

Please check your PM's your car is ready.. what an absolute hoot the F40 is at Suzuka.. its just so on the edge its awesome.

Let me know how you go.

Regs,
888 Tuning

How about having a look at my poor attempt on the Audi R8?

I think it's close to good but not close enough

Great that you help out other members but I think the mods are not going to like it that you posted 4 posts in a row instead of using the EDIT button.

What I don't get is how you can tune cars for others while everybody has a different driving style?

;)

Hi Jase,

Got your PM before I saw your post.. happy to have a look and see what I can do or you.

Is the setup your after just for that track itself ? I have another great setup for the R8 at Suzuka I will send through.. its a great car and surprisngly quick.

Hi Kikie,

Welcome to 888 Tuning.. Sorry about not editing the posts, I will keep that in mind in the future if its a problem.

As for your question, there is not a single car in this game that is perfect. They all have flaws and they are all setup as per the manufacturers settings. This in just about all cases is a compromise between performance, and a car that can still be driven almost daily.
Each track in GT5 is different and each track has its on challenges. What I offer people is to give them a base to be able to work from and grow as a driver. I remove the short comings of the cars and make improvements and changes where needed for that car to be driven at speed.
I agree with you that everyone has a different driving style, but given the base improvements made to each vehicle just about everyone should benefit from a tuned vehicle over a standard one.
Another thing I am happy to do (cause I know tuning can be difficult) is I am happy to work with someone who has taken one of my tunes.. they may find that the car speed is good, but their driving style doesnt suit the amount of understeer or oversteer I have set the car up with. By using that sort of feedback I can then tailor a car to really suit that persons needs.
The tuners here dont charge money for this... it does take substantial amounts of our time to go through and set a car up and test each setting, but I dont mind and if it helps people enjoy this game more, then I think thats a good thing.

... Jase, check your PM your car is ready : ) Let me know how it goes.

Regs
888 Tuning

ok so I am trying to run S-1 with my NSX. I really think this car can place 3rd. Here is what i have come up with over the last 4 days of tuning and running the same damn race... please rip it apart and let me know what you think I am missing

Power: +32
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 6/4
Damper: 3/3
Toe: +0.03/-0.10
Camber: 0.1/0.4 Brake Balance: 3/4
Max Turn Angle: 33
TC: off
ABS: 1
Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.775
2nd: 1.956
3rd: 1.388
4th: 1.085
5th: 0.855
6th: 0.706
Final: 5.150

ok so I am trying to run S-1 with my NSX. I really think this car can place 3rd. Here is what i have come up with over the last 4 days of tuning and running the same damn race... please rip it apart and let me know what you think I am missing

Power: +32
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 6/4
Damper: 3/3
Toe: +0.03/-0.10
Camber: 0.1/0.4 Brake Balance: 3/4
Max Turn Angle: 33
TC: off
Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.775
2nd: 1.956
3rd: 1.388
4th: 1.085
5th: 0.855
6th: 0.706
Final: 5.150

Hi Ofspunk7,

Happy to have a look at this for you.. its been a while since I have raced the events !! Will let you know what I come up with... is there any particular area the car feels unsure or doing something you are unhappy with ??

Regs
888 Tuning

I would love a tune for the S2000.

i have messed around with setting but sometimes it feels better but more often than not i have slower lap times than standard tune..

any help would be fantastic

Hi Kikie,

As for your question, there is not a single car in this game that is perfect. They all have flaws and they are all setup as per the manufacturers settings. This in just about all cases is a compromise between performance, and a car that can still be driven almost daily.
Each track in GT5 is different and each track has its on challenges. What I offer people is to give them a base to be able to work from and grow as a driver. I remove the short comings of the cars and make improvements and changes where needed for that car to be driven at speed.
I agree with you that everyone has a different driving style, but given the base improvements made to each vehicle just about everyone should benefit from a tuned vehicle over a standard one.
Another thing I am happy to do (cause I know tuning can be difficult) is I am happy to work with someone who has taken one of my tunes.. they may find that the car speed is good, but their driving style doesnt suit the amount of understeer or oversteer I have set the car up with. By using that sort of feedback I can then tailor a car to really suit that persons needs.
The tuners here dont charge money for this... it does take substantial amounts of our time to go through and set a car up and test each setting, but I dont mind and if it helps people enjoy this game more, then I think thats a good thing.

Regs
888 Tuning
Well after reading this, I have to say that it sounds very good. I'm a layman at tuning and I'm reading every little bit of information I can find and try to tune the cars in GT5p to my own driving style. It makes me feel happy to accomplish something and learn in the process.

If I get stuck or I need advice from 888 tuning, I will PM 888 tuning for advice.
Can members (me for instance ;)) PM 888 tuning if we (me!) have a particular question about a certain tuning part of a car, let's say, (what it does to a car's behaviour) - ride hight or downforce? If you say yes, be ready for a lot of PM's from me. :P

:)

Hello,

nice idea and good work helping others :).

I am also not content with my current Ford GT LM on Suzuka 700PP TT. I want to beat 2:04 and I can easily do it, since compared to my best time (2:04.003) before I can gain 0,5s in every sector. The problem only is to drive the perfect round, e.g. I drive the Esses way ahead but then loose everything in Dunlop or the Hairpin.

These are my settings:

Power: -33
Weight: 97%
Tyres: R3/R3
Downforce: 20/30

Ride height: -5/0
Springs: 4/7
Dampers: 3/10
Toe: -0.05/+0.25
Camber: 1.3/1.8
Brake Balance: 6/4

Turning Angle: 33°
TCS: 0 (no aids)

Gear ratios (sry, onle speeds in km/h, I dont know exact values right now):
1st - 122km/h
2nd - 177km/h
3rd - 238km/h
4th - 273km/h
5th - completely right
6th - doesn't matter
Final - default value

so basically I made the gear ratio longer than the default. In my tests I found out that due to the engine characteristic it doesn't matter if you have a shorter transmission. So I prefer a longer transmission so I don't have too much shifting in my whole Lap.

The car's characteristic is quite fun as it understeers a little in corner entry and with a small lift-up of throttle it will turn-in automatically facing corner exit. The problem is that because of the lift-oversteer I can't drive Dunlop properly. I exit Degner@165-170km/h and then I need to brake hard down to ~100-110km/h and in this process during turn-in the car gets very loose. Especially if I drive over the inside curb I always end up nailing the wall. Similiar thing happens in Spoon when I brake down from 240km/h to 140-150km/h for corner entry.

Maybe my corner entries are too fast? What is your suggestion?

Hi there 888 Racing...... thanks for joining the tuning shop industry.

Would it be too much to ask for a good base setup (PP700) for the F430 at Suzuka?.... as i've just started to learn the track seriously after a good 4-5 days on Fuji, and i'm struggling a little with Suzuka in general to be honest.

Alternately, if the F430 setup is not convenient, a PP600 setup for the Audi R8 at Suzuka if possible? The R8 is actually one of my personal favourite cars on GT5:P. It's so so very predictable and smooth, i'd just like to get a good base to start squeezing some time out of it.

Regards,

Steve

Ok guys.. looks like I am going to be busy : )

So let me reply to you all here....

Ofspunk7, I have had some good results with the NSX, should have it sorted and back to you in a few more hours (getting close to bed time here)

GTPDarren - Will jump onto the S2000 once done with the NSX so you will have that tomorrow.

Kikie - Yes, happy to help if you pm me with questions.. something tells me i will regret that though. :)

Jlagreen - Thats a tough car to get right but I have been having a play with it lately.. looks like you have a pretty solid setup, I will see if i can do anything for Dunlop and the hairpin.. maybe if i shave off a little bravado from your entry speed :P

OSG - The F430 at Suzuka was the first car I really spent time with.. I love it and that engine absolutely wails.. will shoot through the setup I use and let me know how it goes. Recently I replaced the F430 with the R8 in the PP700 so have a good setup for the Audi, its wikedly fast through the corners but will lose out a little in the straights.. not sure how it will scale down to the PP600 but lets give it a try :)

See you all tomorrow... :)

888 Tuning

ours (getting close to bed time here)
GTPDarren - Will jump onto the S2000 once done with the NSX so you will have that tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow... :)

888 Tuning

many thanks just so you know it is the amuse turbo S2000.

again thankyou for all of this..

darren

R8 in the PP700 so have a good setup for the Audi, its wikedly fast through the corners but will lose out a little in the straights.. not sure how it will scale down to the PP600 but lets give it a try :)

I'll gladly accept a PP700 base guide as well 888......... thanks for your time.

I managed to shave .4s off my time to run a 109.4. He also made the car a lot more driveable which is always nice. Also, you did manage to setup that first curve perfectly. I take it at 170-171 now and before i would be hard pressed to do 167.

its been a while since I have raced the events !! Will let you know what I come up with... is there any particular area the car feels unsure or doing something you are unhappy with ??

well i decided to try and change around the hp and weight to shave off some lap times. here is my new setup.

PP 630
hp +36
weight 90%
ride height -30/-30
spring 5/4
damper 3/3
toe +0.04/-0.11
camber 1.0/2.2
turning 33
TC off
ABS 1
1st 2.622
2nd 1.956
3rd 1.428
4th 1.075
5th 0.875
6th 0.728
final 4.827

Ok so I am running S-1 with this on the high speed ring. I really think this car can take S-1. I was able to shave a second off my lap times with this new set up. I have the gears down. I guess my issue is the suspension, it isn't quite there. There is a little bit of oversteer on some turns and I am not sure if the breaks are perfected yet for the new weight. If some people want to take this around the high speed ring on S-1 let me know.

oh about the events. yeah i have been playing a lot online. but whats the point of making $2,000,000 if you can't spend it! so my new mission is to clear s-class so i can unlock everything. then back to online.

I'd love to see you're F430 setup for Suzuka too. Hehe, looks like it's going public anyway!

haha Noooooo... will only be public if you guys post it up here as I will PM you the settings.. but then I cant stop you giving those out, but all of a sudden you lose that advantage. This racing is serious business!! :)

Grenadeshark:
Good to see the car is more driveable and we could save some time.. I will see if we can get a little more precision through the turn 3/4 complex as I think this is where you will make up that last bit of time your chasing... hope it didnt take too much time to re-acquaint yourself with the new settings.

Ofspunk7:
If you want to play with your settings, below is where you need to look.. Your spot on with the gearing, they feel perfect, very sweet indeed.
spring 5/4
damper 3/3
toe +0.04/-0.11
camber 1.0/2.2
The oversteer you have was frightful !! and thats what I am focusing on getting rid of.

The NSX is rear engined so you need to beef up the springs and damper at the rear of the car, so try swapping your settings.. maybe 5/7 for spring and 4/7 for damper

Your toe settings also need to be swapped around as this is contributing to the Oversteer (a lot!!)
Camber settings are not too bad, but i find anything too far past 2 in the back will contribute to unsettling the rear of the car under brakes, which will have an impact on HSR.. maybe drop that to 2.0 The NSX really is a sweet handling car...

Will be back on my playstation in another 9 hours and will finish off the tunes... at this rate I will need to employ another tuner !! :sly:

888 Tuning.

Back