• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments

Mr. S

Nikon Fanboy
Premium
France
Paris
t1largformulagridgi.png

!!!Next race: Nürburgring! Sunday - May 13th 8:30pm UK time - 9:30pm CET!!!

There are only 3 main criteria that need be fulfilled in order to enter the championship:

1. All entrants must be registered members of GTPlanet.net

2. All entrants must be committed to clean and fair racing, and adhere to the rules and guidelines laid out in both the AUP and OLR.

3. All entrants must be confident that they will be able to attend the vast majority of races on the 19 race calender. Should you not be able to, you should consider opting out so as to not occupy a slot that somebody else would like.

Event Organisers​

JCM

The organiser should be contacted with anything related to the Championship. You're also obligated to inform the organiser in advance if you can't make it to a race. Failure to do so might result in exclusion from the championship.

Time

Sunday, 8-9pm GMT.

Lights went green in Australia: February 19th 2012 - 8:30pm GMT - RESULTS
Lights went green in Malaysia: February 26th 2012 - 8:30pm GMT - RESULTS
Lights went green in China: March 11th 2012 - 8:30pm GMT - RESULTS
Lights went green in Turkey: March 18th 2012 - 8:30pm GMT - RESULTS
Lights went green in Spain: March 25th 2012 - 7:30pm GMT - RESULTS
Lights went green in Monaco: April 1st 2012 - 7:30pm GMT - RESULTS
Lights went green in Canada: April 15th 2012 - RESULTS
Lights go green in Europe: April 22nd 2012 - RESULTS
Lights go green in Britain: TBA
Lights go green in Germany: TBA
Lights go green in Hungary: TBA
Lights go green in Belgium: TBA
Lights go green in Italy: TBA
Lights go green in Singapore: TBA
Lights go green in Japan: TBA
Lights go green in Korea: TBA
Lights go green in India: TBA
Lights go green in Abu Dhabi: TBA
Lights go green in Brazil: TBA

Assists

Braking Assist - Banned
ABS - Banned
Traction Control - Banned
Transmission - Manual / Automatic
Racing Line - Allowed

Race Conditions

Qualifying - On
Race Distance - 50%
Weather - Dynamic
Rules and Flags - Full
Tyre Simulation - On
Fuel Simulation - On
Safety Car - On
Collisions - On
Damage - Full
Car Performance - Equal

Entries

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Mr.S
nitrorocks - PSN: nitrorocks

Red Bull Racing
Cowboys965 - PSN: Cowboys965
davybrowndog10 - PSN: davybrowndog10

Scuderia Ferrari
bazylfox - PSN: bazylfox
Slot 2 available

Lotus Renault GP
delimitri - PSN: roders1
Slot 2 available

Sahara Force India
silent_killer - PSN: socom_killer
Slot 2 available

AT&T Williams
PAWEL17 - PSN: PAWEL17
BlacqueJacques - PSN:GTP_BlacqueJack

Team Lotus
jcm - PSN: jcm-16
V12Engine - PSN: TBC

Marussia Virgin Racing
Baumi27 - PSN: Baumi27
Slot 2 available

Reserve Driver Information

The 'reserve' drivers will be on-call for whenever a 'race' driver cannot make it to a race. Each reserve driver belongs to a specific team, and can only stand in for their team mates. Their points will contribute towards both their team and also themselves in the drivers' championship.

It is the responsibility of the teams to sort out internally whenever a race driver cannot make it to an event. Therefore it is encouraged that team mates become acquainted with one another and are in frequent contact to ensure that their reserve driver is informed whenever a race driver cannot attend a race. In the event of a race driver having to pull out of the series for good, that team's reserve driver will be offered the race seat to replace him.

Calendar​

Calendar.png

Championship Specific Rules, Regulations and Guidelines

This championship will use the current F1 points system:

Win. 25 pts
2nd. 18 pts
3rd. 15 pts
4th. 12 pts
5th. 10 pts
6th. 8 pts
7th. 6 pts
8th. 4 pts
9th. 2 pts
10th. 1 pt

Lobby Rules

The scheduled time for the event is when it is expected that each participant is in the lobby by and ready to begin the race. Invites will be sent out approximately 5 minutes before this time. Depending on circumstances, 5-10 minutes grace will be given should any participant be delayed that has forewarned us of this.

If the session has got under way on time but a late comer wishes to join, provided we are no more than 5 minutes into the qualifying session, the game will be restarted so that they may enter.

Along with the race invites, invites to a dedicated chat room will also be sent. Each member is expected to join this. People who have microphones/headsets are encouraged to use them, although once the race is under way, they should be set to mute while not speaking.

d11chn1787.png

Each entrant is expected to behave competently in qualifying. Great care must be taken by those on their out-lap or in-laps, so that they do not impede anyone on a flying lap. If a car on a hot-lap is close behind you, you are expected to move clearly off the racing line for them, and even off track if necessary.

Holding station at the final corner of the out-lap so as to create space ahead of you is permitted, so long as it does not disrupt anyone's lap behind you. You must not overtake a car which is doing this unless you yourself are on a flying lap. Otherwise, you should wait your turn.

Anyone who destroys their car during qualifying, purposefully or accidentally, will automatically receive a 10 second time penalty added on to their race time. This is to avoid the tactic of purposefully binning your car so as to start the race on a fresh set of tyres. The one exception to this rule is if the driver has not registered a qualifying time when this happens.

In the event of the lobby crashing on race start, the host will recreate a new lobby, set it to race only and grid order to random. Because of obvious time constraints, qualifying will not be repeated but the points allocation from the original qualifying session will still stand.

DRS-effect-in-formula1.png

F1 is a non-contact sport. While it is impossible to go a whole season avoiding contact with anyone, the greatest effort should be made to race cleanly and above all, fairly. If this isn't at the forefront of your mind, you do not belong in this championship.

In the event of accidentally crashing into/spinning a competitor, you are expected to wait for them to re-pass. Failure to do so will result in a warning and repeated warnings can result in exclusion.

On occasion, it is not always the fault of the car behind for a crash. Weaving by the leading car is strictly prohibited and once they have committed to a line they are expected to stay there for the braking zone.

Drivers being lapped are expected to slow down and not deviate from their current line so as to avoid confusion. The car coming through is expected to 'overtake' the lapped car. This is the opposite procedure of letting people through who are on flying laps in qualifying by going off the racing line. Please do not confuse the two.

Unfortunately, with rules set to reduced, this means the blue flag won't be in effect. This means it's important for drivers further down the field to be wary of who they're racing and who they're not. The use of microphones in this situation is advised if possible.

Drivers & Constructors Tables

Standings

1 - Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 225 points
2 - jcm - Team Lotus - 175 points
3 - PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 166 points
4 - BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 149 points
5 - bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 140 points
6 - delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 68 points
7 - davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 58 points
8 - socom_killer - Force India - 32 points
9 - V12Engine - Team Lotus - 17 points
10 - Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari - 15 points
11 - Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points
12 - Matty - Scuderia Ferrari - 8 points
13 - Cowboys965 - Red Bull - 6 points

Teams
1 - AT&T Williams - 315 points
2 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 225 points
3 - Team Lotus - 192 points
4 - Scuderia Ferrari - 155 points
5 - Lotus Renault GP - 68 points
6 - Red Bull Racing - 64 points
7 - Force India - 32 points
8 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points [/INDENT]

Guidelines, Hints & Tips

In order to ensure clean racing, it is recommended that drivers have at least the mini-map, proximity arrows and driver tags all switched on.

Participants are expected to contribute to this thread in some shape or form. You are very much encouraged to write up your own race reports, or even better, video your race.

Above all though, the most important thing is that everyone enjoys the championship. Although I expect it to be highly competitive, it should primarily be about having fun.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Video coverage

Turkey - full race (changing POV) (uploaded by Mr. S)

Spain - full race (POV bazylfox) (uploaded by bazylfox)

Monaco - full race (changing POV) (uploaded by Mr. S)

Last edited:
Any Chance me and neljack can take McLaren now it's only a 1 man team? :P

We love McLaren... <3

So do I sorry. :)

I'm not sure how many races Tom can make, so I'd rather keep him in for the time being, as you might understand.

Hey guys,

I'm the vice world champion of the last year and no invitation? What the hell?
No worries. I know the slots are rare. ;-) Met Shaggy Alonso today, the world champion of the last year. the engines begin to roan again.
Perhaps I can have a wildcard?

visit my blog under f12011-setups.blogspot.com

Keep racing

DarkPSI

I guess Tom set this up using the list of people who had signed up last fall. Either way: all seats have been taken, so it's difficult. I could offer you the reserve spot at McLaren, since Tom is probably not going to make it to every race and it could be that I have to sit out a few times, too. How about that?

Shaggy, I don't know - usually someone isn't showing up either, so there might be a free slot after the first race.

I'm sure darkpsi could have the McLaren seat, Matty made it pretty clear he wanted to join on a reserve basis because he didn't want to miss Top Gear. And anyway a full turnout is a very rare occurrence with online racing.

Yeah I'll just take a random reserve seat that can fill in for any car. 👍

And I found a way I can watch it online after anyway. 👍

Cowboys965
Got 1:24 high. Got more used to no aids so I should be faster. :D

Haven't practiced yet.. Might try a bit after a while.. :)

If your online I'll send you a request 👍

Might practice on Saturday, going to practice for IndyCar tomorrow. Advise you do the same Matty, Laguna is a beast :sly:

TomMcD
Might practice on Saturday, going to practice for IndyCar tomorrow. Advise you do the same Matty, Laguna is a beast :sly:

I've done in my life about 10 laps of Laguna in a FGT on Comfort Hards.. I'm prepared.. ;) I have my own special line through the corkscrew :dopey: Anyway, wrong thread so I'll shut up about that for now.

Just waiting for a film to finish before I do any F1 practice Cowboy 👍

Oh 🤬

Something is stopping me from racing Sunday nights for the foreseeable future so I'm going to have to pull out. I'm gutted, but one good thing is that one of the more experienced guys can take my spot. Good luck gents, I hope to race with you sometime in the future 👍

Me and Cowboys 'test session' ended up in trying to get the safety car out, which as it happens is impossible online.. :irked:

Me and Cowboys 'test session' ended up in trying to get the safety car out, which as it happens is impossible online.. :irked:

Not true!!! Try Monaco, with AI. It's happened (I can't tell you how it happened as I didn't see what brought the safety car out).

jcm
Not true!!! Try Monaco, with AI. It's happened (I can't tell you how it happened as I didn't see what brought the safety car out).

Okay then, it's very hard at Melbourne when your trying to do it.

But then again any crash at Monaco is a safety car. Well almost any crash.

mattymc96
Okay then, it's very hard at Melbourne when your trying to do it.

But then again any crash at Monaco is a safety car. Well almost any crash.

Very, very hard to do at Melbourne. Probably impossible.

jcm
Very, very hard to do at Melbourne. Probably impossible.

Agreed, I got DQ'd before a safety car came out.

Back