A and B-spec Grinding/ Starting Lvl 17-40 / Experience, Credits Gained Per Minute

• Thread starter d0cSm1l3Y
  • 94 comments
Ok so everyone Is doing it......Grinding.....and no not the kind that happens at a strip club or skate park, playing the same races over and over again to gain money and XP. So I want to know what your grinding away on in the Extreme series. But better yet it would be nice to know Time totals, How much money was made from each and how much experience can be gained by doing the race. If we compile a good list it will help others(not us cuz we've already grinded and got through it and man I am low on 1's ;) ). It will help people make better use of there time by being able to multiply how many points they'll be making per minute basically.

Thanks

The link below got sent to me, its a list of A and B spec Credits and Experience gained per minute (starting at level 17). It takes you off site.

American Championship

Indy Speedway

Credits: 54,00
Experience: 1,1697

Credits per minute: 3,176
Experience per minute: 688

Laguna Seca

Credits: 54,000
Experience: 12,382

Credits per minute: 3,522
experience per minute: 807

(Provided by rocket99)

B-Spec/Extreme Series/Lvl. 24/Dream Car Championship (Car I used the Minolta 88C-V Race Car, which can be won in A-spec Like The Wind championship)Dream Car Championship

Race min/sec Credits Experience
1 18:20 22,700CR 14,846XP
2 22:07 22,700CR 16,687XP
3 20:34 22,700CR 16,176XP
4 19:22 22,700CR 15,354XP
5 27:09 22,700CR 18,331XP

Finish first Bonus:206,000CR

Lvl 24 / Dream Car Championship

Time: 1:47
Credits: 319,500
Experience: 81,394

Experience per minute: 761
Credits per minute: 2,986

Endurance Series

Lvl 25 / Grand Valley 300KM

Time: 2:15
Credits: 27,300
Experience: 68,580

Credits Per minute: 204
Experience Per minute:512

Lvl 26 / Roadster Four Hour Endurance

Time: 4 hours
Credits: 32,200
Experience: 121,577

Credits per minute: 134
Experience per minute: 507

Lvl 27 / Laguna Seca 200

Time: 2:32:14
Credits: 38,000
Experience: 95,961

Credits per minute: 250
Experience per minute: 631

The rest of these I used GaothMaclachlan's guide with times to multiply it out
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140723

Lvl 28 / Indianapolis 500 miles-200 laps

Estimated time: 2:30
Experience: 157,762

Experience per minute: 1052

Lvl 30 / Suzuka 1000Km-172 laps

Estimated Time: 6:30
Experience: 354,561

Experience per minute: 909

Lvl 32 / Nurburgring 4H

Estimated Time: fixed to 4 Hours
Experience: 290,919

Experience per minute: 1213

Lvl 33 / Tsukuba 9H

Estimated time: Fixed 9 Hours
Experience: 661,144

Experience per minute: 1224

Lvl 35 / Le mans 24H

Estimated Time: 24 Hours
Experience: 2,241,184

Experience per minute: 1556

Lvl 40 / Nurburgring 24H

Estimated Time: 24 Hours
Experience: ?

Experience per minute: ?

So what this means is that it is best to run the Dream Car Championship until you reach level 28, than its best to run the events that match your level.

Last edited:
Endurance Series / Lvl 25 / Grand Valley 300KM
H/M/S.....Credits...Experience
2:14:14...27,300...68,580

So that comes out to 204 Credits and 512 experience per minute.

Better idea to go back and do Dream Car instead of this race.

Last edited:
Endurance Series / Lvl 26 / Roadster Four Hour Endurance

32,200 Credits and 121,577 Experience and It just runs for four hours.

So that is 134 Credits and 507 Experience per minute.

Still better to go back and keep running Dream Car Championship.

Last edited:
Endurance Series / Lvl 27 / Laguna Seca 200

H/M/S.....Credits..Experience
2:32:14...38,000...95,961

So that is 250 Credits and 631 Experience per minute.

Still better to go back and do Dream Car Championship

ok but what about the people stuck at level 18-20 who have to grind the same Japan and PD championships away 5 or 6 times to gain a level?

please keep in mind though it is much easier to run endurance races at night or at work because 2-4 hours a pop instead of a 30 min race before you HAVE to hit something...

Edit: i guess what I'm saying with grinding B-spec is many times it is better to look at it as a "per race" exp/min vs a "per event"

please keep in mind though it is much easier to run endurance races at night or at work because 2-4 hours a pop instead of a 30 min race before you HAVE to hit something...

Edit: i guess what I'm saying with grinding B-spec is many times it is better to look at it as a "per race" exp/min vs a "per event"

Yeah I though about that, and if you work than its best to just run a long 4 hour race or even longer. But if you have the time the most efficient use of your time is to run the other races that require you loading the next race in the series.

Last edited:
One more thing... while doing the endurance races you can train up to 4 pilots at one time.. that also saves you a lot of time. :)

Yeah I though about that, and if you work than its best to just run a long 4 hour race or even longer. But if you have the time the most efficient use of your time is to run the other races that require you loading the next race in the series.

yep... I wasnt stating it for you to change anything... just saying that typically with B-spec people let the PS3 run for a long duration without wanting to touch it...

i'm just kind of pissed i cant watch a blu-ray while i grind! haha ive gotten like 10 new ones since i got GT5 and haven't got a chance to watch one!

Damn Game... haha

the post above is true also... this could help in the other events (a lvl 30 driver should be much better than a lvl 25)... actually the first endurance race is all ive done so far but the furai smashs the other cars (even with some low level drivers)

yep... I wasnt stating it for you to change anything... just saying that typically with B-spec people let the PS3 run for a long duration without wanting to touch it...

i'm just kind of pissed i cant watch a blu-ray while i grind! haha ive gotten like 10 new ones since i got GT5 and haven't got a chance to watch one!

Damn Game... haha

the post above is true also... this could help in the other events (a lvl 30 driver should be much better than a lvl 25)... actually the first endurance race is all ive done so far but the furai smashs the other cars (even with some low level drivers)

See I just sit here and have a timer going on my comp. I know how long the races are that I'm repeating and I'll just start a race set a time and leave, until the timer goes off and rinse and repeat.

I use my Minolta and its a dream I put a level zero driver in the Dream Car Championship level 24 and he won no problem immediately ranked up to an 11 I think.

Its best to run Dream Car Championship until you get to level 28 than its best to run the events that go with your level.

actually the first endurance race is all ive done so far but the furai smashs the other cars (even with some low level drivers)

hmm.... I wonder how is your lv4 Bob driving a furai when totaly blind for 10 laps :P

after reading this, I suppose every night I could leave Bob on tsukuba endurance before I sleep and save/switch off when I go off to work. Seems like a good idea...lol :D

The problem with the US Indy event is you need to be there to keep re-starting... much better to have an event you can start before you go to bed and then re-start again before you go to work (or school)... I've managing to run 4 MX5 enduros over the last 24 hours and I wouldn't have been able to run 28 Indy races during the same time.

And the calculation for Le Mans is wrong... it's 1556 points per minute, not 15563 - 2,241,184/(24*60) = 1556

You are better off doing the American Championship, INDY 98000 credits and 4440 XP for 3-4 mins

Not for B-Spec

I need to go back and do that one and see what is worth a minute for B-Spec, I was just already past that when I got the idea for this. If someone can keep track of there time and XP and Credits and post it here for that race that would help. (I did mine in the 2J maxed out turbo I think thats the fastest car for the race and would give the most accurate points per minute)

I need to go back and do that one and see what is worth a minute for B-Spec, I was just already past that when I got the idea for this. If someone can keep track of there time and XP and Credits and post it here for that race that would help. (I did mine in the 2J maxed out turbo I think thats the fastest car for the race and would give the most accurate points per minute)

I also ran that race with a 2J. These were my numbers.

American Championship
Indy speedway
54,000 11697 17:14 2J Race car (3176c/min : 688x/min)
Laguna Seca
54,000 12382 15:21 2J Race car (3522c/min : 807x/min)

Pretty decent but not as good as Dream Car. The money may look attractive but running American Championship in A-Spec can bag 1 million in 45 minutes, in B-spec that would take at least 6 hours.

American Championship
Indy speedway
Laguna Seca

So these are the B spec numbers?

American Championship
Indy speedway
Laguna Seca

Pretty decent but not as good as Dream Car. The money may look attractive but running American Championship in A-Spec can bag 1 million in 45 minutes, in B-spec that would take at least 6 hours.

Yes sorry havent got to it in B spec yet and got confused, brilliant in A spec though

Hmm from level 35-36 takes 2.8M exp. The 24HR Le Mans race gave me 2.3M exp (with X1). Obviously to get to level 40 with the least interaction would be to throw Bob into Le Mans for a week straight, but that totally blows. If the power even glitches or spikes, the ps3 will turn off (happened on my first go at the 24HR race about 14HR into it). There's more to lose when something unpredictable happens. You also can't give the ps3 a break in this process or even play on it. I just looked at the exp charts and noticed the exp per min calculation for the Le Mans race is wrong. Also looking at the chart, I thought to myself that maybe the Indy 500 with the X1 will be better (since it will do it in less than 2.5 hours). It will probably net the same amount (or close to) with the benefit of being able to save progress every 2hrs and even getting to play the ps3 if wanted.

Hmm from level 35-36 takes 2.8M exp. The 24HR Le Mans race gave me 2.3M exp (with X1). Obviously to get to level 40 with the least interaction would be to throw Bob into Le Mans for a week straight, but that totally blows. If the power even glitches or spikes, the ps3 will turn off (happened on my first go at the 24HR race about 14HR into it). There's more to lose when something unpredictable happens. You also can't give the ps3 a break in this process or even play on it. I just looked at the exp charts and noticed the exp per min calculation for the Le Mans race is wrong. Also looking at the chart, I thought to myself that maybe the Indy 500 with the X1 will be better (since it will do it in less than 2.5 hours). It will probably net the same amount (or close to) with the benefit of being able to save progress every 2hrs and even getting to play the ps3 if wanted.

Yes Indy would be faster with an X1 but I did all the races with same car (where it was allowed) so the stats would be equal yes you would get a better average per minute than I did but the average through all the races would be the same even if the numbers dont match exactly.

Your right on the Le Mans bein wrong I left a Decimal point number in there without the decimal point, woops will fix nice eye.

With choosing between doing a Chamionship and an Endurance race I think it all comes down wether or not you want to sit and push the buttons in between races or not. Like if your going to be sittin around doin nothing the regular races are much more beneficial because you make loads more Credits, the endurance races are nice because you can make alot of XP without really doing much even though the Credit rewards are much lower.

Last edited:
Not doing the endurance races requires baby sitting for menus, and loading times. The enduros should equalise the difference, at least enough for it not to be a huge difference.

Preference I suppose. work/wait for great results, barely work/don't wait for decent results.

Back