A and B-spec Grinding/ Starting Lvl 17-40 / Experience, Credits Gained Per Minute

• Thread starter d0cSm1l3Y
  • 94 comments
It's settled....if you are in your house and can access your PS3 do the Dream Car CHampionship. If you are away for some time, do the Enduro's that fit your time away :)

The problem with these numbers if it hasn't been pointed out is that with an endurance race you can set it and forget it whereas with the shorter races in order to get those xp. per minute numbers you need to be constantly checking back to start the next race.

With choosing between doing a Chamionship and an Endurance race I think it all comes down wether or not you want to sit and push the buttons in between races or not. Like if your going to be sittin around doin nothing the regular races are much beneficial because you make loads more Credits, the endurance races are nice because you can make alot of XP without really doing much even though the Credit rewards are much lower.

The problem with these numbers if it hasn't been pointed out is that with an endurance race you can set it and forget it whereas with the shorter races in order to get those xp. per minute numbers you need to be constantly checking back to start the next race.

Yeah we've been talkin about it.

So someone here pointed out that you can set a timer, because with your car you know the average lap time X number of laps = Total time...Dream car championship is roughly 20 minutes per event and 25 for the last one. Personally I do the laundry, clean the house and go for walks, hang out with the wife, watch tv...etc.

It's easy

So someone here pointed out that you can set a timer, because with your car you know the average lap time X number of laps = Total time...Dream car championship is roughly 20 minutes per event and 25 for the last one. Personally I do the laundry, clean the house and go for walks, hang out with the wife, watch tv...etc.

It's easy

Reading that I can't help chuckling thinking it sounds so close to having an affair. (which i guess is true in some ways.) Regardless, if that's what you do, you certainly have a degree of dedication I will never have.

It's easy

Yeah thats what I did, dowloaded a digital egg timer from download.com it works great for the Dream Car Championship.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-...Name=platform=Windows&filter=platform=Windows

Yeah you will do all the races faster in X1 (at least the ones its allowed in) but the average will remain the same, the math is intact.

Not exactly. Experience per minute for time fixed races is always the same, no matter what car you use (as long as you win ;)). But for races based on length the faster car you have the better exp/min ratio you will get. E.g. Tsukuba 9H always gives 1224 exp/min and Indy 500 gives 1052 exp/min using Minolta, but if you can finish Indy 500 in under 2:08 (although I don't know if that's possible with X1 as I don't have it yet) then it gives 1232 exp/min, so it's better to run Indy than Tsukuba which initially seemd to be better.

You are better off doing the American Championship, INDY 98000 credits and 4440 XP for 3-4 mins

if its not credits you NEED and what you NEED is xp then.. do the INDY race in the dream car championship. it's 10 laps (6 minutes in FGT) and gives you roughly 9900xp. works out better than doing the american championship

Yeah you will do all the races faster in X1 (at least the ones its allowed in) but the average will remain the same, the math is intact.

Not exactly. Experience per minute for time fixed races is always the same, no matter what car you use (as long as you win ;)). But for races based on length the faster car you have the better exp/min ratio you will get. E.g. Tsukuba 9H always gives 1224 exp/min and Indy 500 gives 1052 exp/min using Minolta, but if you can finish Indy 500 in under 2:08 (although I don't know if that's possible with X1 as I don't have it yet) then it gives 1232 exp/min, so it's better to run Indy than Tsukuba which initially seemd to be better.

Thats kinda what I said if the X1 is allowed in the race and its not one that has to race ie. 4 hours , 24 hours than the X1 will finish faster than the Minolta.

But since all tracks were done with same cars the increase over the tracks would be same ( like a 5% increase over all the races, The numbers wont necissarly match but the % increase will).

If my calculations are correct, no matter what car I use in any event, the credits/XP earned:time passed ratio is incredibly low when I stay on these forums instead of getting out there and grinding. There's your solution.

If my calculations are correct, no matter what car I use in any event, the credits/XP earned:time passed ratio is incredibly low when I stay on these forums instead of getting out there and grinding. There's your solution.

For real thats why I'm always runnin B spec cuz I'm stuck in these forums!

No really runnin B-spec for the free X1 ;)

Gah... reading this thread makes GT5 look like work. And a way more tedious kind of work than my actual dayjob.

Looks like I won't make it very far into this version of Gran Turismo :-(

Yes, from my level which is 32 the best grinding track is still Suzuka Endurance. Im letting my Bob in X1 2010.

It takes 4:30 minutes to complete 172 laps, and you earn 354,561exp points. Thats more if you want to do 4 Hour Nurburgring race which gives you only 290,919 exp Only 30 minutes more and you have 65.000 exp more. And there is another plus because on level 33 you can run Tsukuba 9H but you will earn 661,144exp

So the main thing is this! 2xSuzuka takes 4h and 30 minutes x2 equals 9 hours But 354,561x2 = 709.122 > 661,144 :) It's better to let your Bob do two times Suzuka instead one go in Tsukuba. You will earn 47000exp in the same amount of time.

If you already on 30 level and if you had X1 2010 the best grinding option is Suzuka 172 laps! Rest is just formality, you can let your Bob once at Tsukuba just so he finished in 1'st and never do again.

Should i let my bob switch with another bob when he gets tired?
Does it affect the level up of bob if he get exhausted?

He's currently driving Suzuka 172 laps race.

He pits anyway when he needs for fuel and tires.

Thanx for all the helps guys. When I got GT5 I didn't even think I would use Bspec mode.. now it looks like its all I've been doing!!! I grind while I'm @ work or sleep. Trying to get the X1 the old fashion way (w/o internet). ;^)

Okay I've completed Beginner up through Expert of B-Spec.

I'm sitting at Level 20.. and I've got to start grinding just to increase my levels.. what the hell is with the lack of races. There is only one(1) level 20 race.

I'm sitting with 15591 / 69581.

I've got to grind 50,000++ points! good lord. Just to reach level 21

I saw a chart posted elsewhere that said the Polophony Digital cup is better for XP or credits (dont remember which one) anyone know if thats true or not? Or maybe just in A Spec?

Back