Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
capt.c49401c2c91b4d66bea45a6addec1c84.britain_supercar_lon804.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090103/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_supercar

What a find !!!!!

:0
how come there are so many Bugattis still in barns and old garages?
and a 57 Series model, no less... damn.

What a find indeed, I hope it doesnt get restored, just preserved.

Amazing. I need to find a car like that so I can live off the selling.

I just stumbled across this thread during a search for something entirely different... wow!

Best car thread ever!

I have some barn finds to contribute, but for now just wanted to say Kudos to Cano on making such a great thread and first post! 👍

When I saw this thread I thought of this one but someone beat me to it. It's just a few miles away from where I live.

REALLY , go get some pics and more info , if this is this possible , this is a sweet ride.

I just stumbled across this thread during a search for something entirely different... wow!

Best car thread ever!

I have some barn finds to contribute, but for now just wanted to say Kudos to Cano on making such a great thread and first post! 👍

contribute dude, I will do a post-over of this thread soon with loads of stuff, I have found lots of cool links. but, erm, first post? o_O

:0 FOUR million? well that is quite the high number... the other Bugatti I posted went for 800k I think...

:0 FOUR million? well that is quite the high number... the other Bugatti I posted went for 800k I think...

Especially for a car that's going to need a complete restoration.

well, both cars need restoration... maybe another two or three million to make it like new, but I would not touch it, I'd just freshen the mechanicals so everything would work and drive it in original state.

I was browsing around some abandoned car pictures and remembered abut this thread. Man it's been YEARS.

I know what you are all thinking... "gravedigger pic in 3, 2, 1...", well, here it is:

IMG_7082.JPG

I'll try to keep this thread floating even if I don't post full-story links but just pictures of stuff. What worries me is that I will be double posting a lot in here if I start posting pics like mad and people don't participate that much. Oh well.

164135592_5f8e3c1718_o-1.jpg

53-ford-3.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

pc180142e.jpg

Story from the area is that the truck was drilling a well eons ago, was blown over by the wind and the area was too remote to make righting it feasible, so there it still sits.
49596508-M.jpg

145701860-L.jpg

145707200-L.jpg

145709190-L.jpg

132176770-L.jpg

45469478-L.jpg

got damn...
6405551-L.jpg

paddy.jpg

aaaand...
146320352-M.jpg

Done, for now.
I'll be putting up more stuff here.

I love things like this, time capsules, barn finds, junkyards ect. Some interesting materiel on here. That Messerschmidt is pretty rare to be just sitting there.

Shame Grave digger 1 is in such a sad state. I'd like to see it restored one day, doing some car crushing. 👍

I'll take a picture of it Thursday (won't see it until then) but a guy in my shop class has a '81 Camaro in near perfect condition (running and all) and paid 50 bucks for it out of a yard in Vegas and had it shipped into NY.

There is an RX7 FB 33 sitting next to this small sports store owned by a married couple. I have never seen the car move. One day, I called the place about the car and the wife answered, she said it's her husband's car and he will never sell it, then started ranting about how the car deserves a new home and she hates seeing it rot. Very sad indeed.

I'd love pics of that Mazda, bud.

Speaking of which... I'm sure many of you have seen Kusahiro Exploration, a FANTASTIC japanese blog specialized in abandoned japanese cars in Japan. I have to stop saying Japan. Go check it out, here are some samples right off there:

12012401_MJ.jpg

12012301_SB.jpg

12011501_CW.jpg

And on and on. On the very first pages, waaaaaaaaaaay aback, there is an Eunos Cosmo. Yep, sad.

Other blog that isn't specialized in abandonement but has a category about it is Banpei, which I'm sure many of you have seen too. Here are some pics offa there. Caution, strong stomach moment coming:
japanese-rustoseums-skyline-dr30-widebody-ironmask-pic1.jpg

japanese-rustoseums-skyline-dr30-drag-racer-pic2.jpg

japanese-rustoseums-toyota-2000gt.jpg

japanese-rustoseums-nissan-skyline-DR30-collection-pic1.jpeg

japanese-rustoseums-mazda-cosmo-junkyard.jpg

Yeah, it's horrid.

Yet another japanese japanese abandoned car blog, Donguri Kusahiro, I just found it; some samples:

RX-7201-1.JPG

elf-rootvan1-1.JPG

honda-z202-2.JPG

dig trough some bug nests to get to teh Z:
fairlady-z3-1.JPG

That's today's dose. I'm sure this post will shake some heads.

It is indeed painful. Since yesterday I've found some more pics of abandoned japanese cars, like this Isuzu 117:
japanese-rustoseums-isuzu-117-coupe-pic1.jpeg

And this amazing RX4 barn find:
original.jpg

Not japanese but also cool:
21849186-L.jpg

96769602-S.jpg

109181380_4A6Vr-M.jpg

486124134_SBqeu-L.jpg

check out that texture got dammit!
333112588_rbkSF-L.jpg

100_1230.jpg

Hey Cano, I'll try to get pictures of the FB tomorrow.

Also once, I was waaaaaaay up in northern Minnesota, and I spotted an abandoned 280ZX Z31. It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen. I'll try and find some pictures, I know I have some, but I will need to look a little.

That did make me laugh ^

But seriously when you see some of these cars I always think, "I could of had that.." Such a waste.

Back