Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
Just for you Cano ;)

Man, it really really makes me mad stuff like this.- Ok you're gonna stash a bunch of cars inside a barn because you can't restore/refurbish them all at the same time,it's fine and understandable, maybe a little naive,but fine.

Butcome the heck up, close the wide windows and put the tops up! Close hoods, raise on blocks, etc. This is just neglecting the cars.

Nice collection though. I don't know why I like those DeSotos so much.

:0 those are amazing but I can't understand one word. Anyhthing on the story behind these cars?

tumblr_mg41rqd2Qr1rsdihbo1_1280.png

tumblr_mfsvgv6KX21qlp5qwo1_1280.jpg

What a great thread.
Here are some from my side of the world.
Epsiloniotakappa3CC0nualpha000_zpsb8720ad5.jpg
[/IMG]
Lancia Fulvia ir is it Flavia from '71 as the owner told me.

Epsiloniotakappa3CC0nualpha014_zps042c9016.jpg

I remember this standing there for at least 5 years.

Epsiloniotakappa3CC0nualpha009_zpscb807f43.jpg

And this is my addition to the rust of the world.
Ford Taunus L that my father bought new in 72 waiting to go for scrap.

That's pretty sad ): also, the Flavia seems like you could hop in it and drive away!

The Lancia pic is a couple of years old and it is parked too close to the sea
for it's own good,but yes,it should only need new battery and a carb clean.
The guy is the first owner and it was his daily drive until he parked it there.

And a couple more:

013_zpsbdef2ff3-1_zps4b88708b.jpg

Two little green FIATs in agreen field.

010_zpsd6d30fc9.jpg

011_zpsd51122db.jpg

003_zps0ae3e664.jpg

009_zps19fc78be.jpg

Huge Caterpillar engine'cause size does matter.

The only place I can found any info on them is from HERE . But there not that much info on the cars.

From what little I can make out of the translated stuff, it seems they are yet another case of race cars being left behind in some forgotten part of Africa (Zymbabwe) for... whatever reason. Was it really that expensive for teams to bring their injured cars back as to leave them behind? I fidn it hard to believe, but it was the same case with the Lancia Stratos you posted recently.

It also seems to be the case with this other car found in Indonesia, according to the link:

securedownload[1]1.jpg

fascinating. Great find Rocxzxszxzx!!!!

Hi, this is my first time on this thread and holy crap & *facepalm*.
I'm quite shocked on how many amazing cars I've seen on here that were left to rot. I mean really, I didn't expect that many porsches, ferraris, skylines, & many others to be forgotten.

RocZX my man, if it wasn't so gay I'd kiss you. Awesome posts, both in this page. The armoured car had me in tears. Also, I call photoshop in the abandoned hot rod truck, but a very well done job. And if it's real, I want to cry.

The Corona is also awesome, such a rare car to find.

Back