Assassin's Creed: Unity - Out in 28th October, 2014

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 156 comments
Speculation suggests that the project known as "Comet" will be a direct sequel to BLACK FLAG, featuring Edward and Adewale and the possibility of a Templar playable character, with the game set off the coast of New York in 1758.

Seems like an odd code name if it's based there? Unity obviously ties it in to that era of French history, so there was me hoping Comet would be a space game with future assassins and Templars.

VXR
Seems like an odd code name if it's based there? Unity obviously ties it in to that era of French history, so there was me hoping Comet would be a space game with future assassins and Templars.

I am very allergic to a sci-fi AC game :scared:

Speculation suggests that the project known as "Comet" will be a direct sequel to BLACK FLAG, featuring Edward and Adewale and the possibility of a Templar playable character, with the game set off the coast of New York in 1758.

Haytham Kenway or Charles Lee from AC3 rumoured to be as a playable Templar character for AC: Comet.

Going by what Kotaku says, the player character will be a Templar named Shay who stages a mutiny aboard his ship. Haytham may appear - what prompted him to become a Templar needs addressing - but I haven't heard anything about Charles Lee. From the sounds of things, Shay stages his mutiny, unaware that he has information or access to information that the Templars want or need, and Haytham goes to catch him.

Assassin’s Creed Unity leaked video still shows city street – rumour

assassins_creed_unity2.jpg

Conner Kenway?​

Conner Kenway?
Connor would have been dead long before the French Revolution. It's believed that the new protagonist is named Arno.

Besides, Ubisoft have never carried a hero over from one game to the next, unless that game was a direct sequel. So why start now? And surely Altair, Ezio and Edward would all be better choices than Connor, who has to be one of the worst protagonists in video gaming.

Connor would have been dead long before the French Revolution. It's believed that the new protagonist is named Arno.

Besides, Ubisoft have never carried a hero over from one game to the next, unless that game was a direct sequel. So why start now? And surely Altair, Ezio and Edward would all be better choices than Connor, who has to be one of the worst protagonists in video gaming.

Unless, this "Arno" guy maybe a direct descendant of Connor? The character aesthetics from that screenshot seems to appear more native-american? I could be wrong.

Of course he is going to be related to Connor. All of the protagonists are related to one another.

Although it makes more sense for Arno to be related to Jennifer Scott, rather than Haytham. After all, Haytham left England for America, but his half-sister's fate was largely unresolved. I wonder what it was that prompted Haytham to join the Templars, given that his father was an Assassin. I'm willing to bet that Haytham lost faith when Jennifer died, believing that the Templars could have saved her. As far as we know, Jennifer - and any family of her own that she had - stayed in England.

The setting reminds me of "The Scarlet Pimpernel" - a foppish, aristocratic young man leads a double life as the Scarlet Pimpernel, who saves the condemned during the French Revolution, because he believes in the power of the people, but thinks killing indiscriminately subverts the purpose of their uprising. He's basically a seventeenth-century Barman.

According to IGN, the game code-named "Comet" has also been confirmed. No details have been given, but it is expected to be a sequel to BLACK FLAG.

Seriously, Ubisoft could make a spin-off franchise using pirates and no other connection to the AC universe. I just took on five brigs and two frigates in the western Caribbean, only to have a royal convoy and level four pirate hunters wander onto the fight. And then a man-o'-war and another frigate showed up once I had plundered some loot.

There's a few things that I would change:
- More groups of enemy ships. Having completed 99% of ACIV (I don't have an internet connection, so I can't get the last three treasure maps), the only thing that presents a challenge is half a navy.
- A COD-style load-out for your ship. As much as I dislike the franchise, I think a limited number of spaces for armour and weapons upgrades would really offer a challenge.
- Factional warfare. ACR and AC3 touched on this, and ACIV implemented it a bit, but when you have two opposing navies, they should actually fight. And the way you behave would influence their attitude toward you: attack a British ship, and the Spanish will leave you be.
- Sea forts that can be reclaimed by enemies, like the towers in ACR.
- Stat bonuses for costumes. Wear a Spanish cloak in Havana, and the guards will ignore you and be easier to lose; wear the British garb, and they will search longer and harder for you. And there would have to be a recharge period afterwards.

Yeah that Making of video sums up my view of playing the very first game and then seeing Unity. They can finally do what they wanted.

Back