• Thread starter super_gt
  • 308 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
AccuForce Direct Drive Force Feedback Steering Systems and Accessories

AccuForce Pro Simulation Steering System
SimXperienceAccuForceSide.jpg

The Ultimate Sim Racing Steering Kit

The AccuForce Pro Steering System Kit is a complete Plug-N-Play package of our most advanced and reslistic direct drive force feedback system. With unparalleled realism and the most advanced tuning features on the market, the AccuForce Pro not only delivers significant advantages for hardcore sim racers but is an effective training tool for real world drivers as well.

• Includes Everything Needed for a Professional Racing Simulation Steering Experience
  • Truly USB Plug-N-Play (Automatic Driver Installation)
  • Includes Sim Commander Force Feedback Tuning and Analysis Software Suite
  • Operates on U.S. or European Voltage (100V-240V
More info

AccuForce Simulation Steering System

AccuForceSide350.jpg

Highly Customizable Sim Racing Steering Kit
The AccuForce Steering System Kit is a complete ready to run package of our most advanced and realistic direct drive force feedback system. With unparalleled performance and the most advanced tuning features on the market, the AccuForce not only delivers significant advantages for hardcore sim racers but is an effective training tool for real world drivers as well.

• Includes Everything Needed for a Professional Racing Simulation Steering Experience
  • Perfect base package for those who prefer a separate shifter or plan to mod the wheel
  • Includes Sim Commander Force Feedback Tuning and Analysis Software Suite
  • Operates on U.S. or European Voltage (100V-240V)
  • Upgradable to AccuForce Pro by adding button box, quick release and slip rings.
More Info

AccuForce DIY Simulation Steering Kit
AccuForceDIYKit.jpg

AccuForce DIY Simulation Steering Kit
The SimXperience AccuForce DIY Steering Kit is a motor and controller kit designed for use by simulation systems integrators and DIY builders. The DIY kit is not a complete ready to run system.

• Truly USB Plug-N-Play (Automatic Driver Installation)
  • Includes Sim Commander Force Feedback tuning and analysis software suite
  • Operates on U.S. or European Voltage (100V-240V)
  • All necessary cabling included
More Info

AccuForce Button Box
WheelButtonBox.jpg

AccuForce Button Box
The SimXperience AccuForce Pro includes one adjustable button box. Additional button boxes can be purchased and adapted to many real world racing steering wheels This makes it possible to have a variety of different steering wheel styles that youy can easily clip on to your AccuForce Pro.

• Adjusts to fit many 280mm to 350mm real racing steering wheels
  • Includes quick release, allowintg users to easily clip on additional steering wheels
  • USB 1.1 Accessory Port
  • Includes Machined Aluminum / Carbon Fiber Paddle Shifters
More Info

AccuForce DIY Quick Release
QuickRelease.jpg

AccuForce Quick Release
The SimXperience AccuForce Quick Release can be used by aftermarket accessory providers or DIY builders to simpify the process of producing AccuForce compatible wheel button boxes.

• Presision Machined Aluminum
  • Hard gold, spring loaded electrical connections ensure long life
  • Black Anodized
  • AccuForce Pro Compatible
More Info

AccuForce Pro Angled Mounting Brackets
AccuForceProMountingBracket.jpg

AccuForce Pro Mounting Kit
The AccuForce Pro mounting kit is designed specifically for utilizing the AccuForce Pro on chassis that do not facilitate tilt adjustment.

• Rigid Aluminum Construction
  • Durable, Black Anodized Finish
  • Designed to angle the AccuForce similarly to previous generation wheels such as the T500
More Info

MOMO Mod 30 Steering Wheel
MOMOMod30.jpg

MOMO Mod 30 Steering Wheel
The MOMO Mod 30 is a perfect fit for the wheel button box included with the AccuForce Pro. This wheel's ergonomics are second to none.

• 321mm Diamaeter
  • Quality Black Suede
  • 39mm Dish
More Info

http://simxperience.com/en-us/products/accessories/accuforcesteering.aspx

Last edited:
I think a lot of us are waiting for the Sim Racing Garage review because we want to know how does it compare with the SimSteering wheel.

Something I dislike is that instead of converging to a input/feedback protocol that will be more and more realistic, now we have billion parameters to tweak our wheel to make it feel real. It is not what I am looking for, I want fidelity, not something made by my own.

If I do an analogy with sound, I am looking for an hi-fi amp and I don't want a 24 bands equalizer, I care more about low distortion, signal/noise ratio and bandwidth.

The day a wheel will be able to output a TORQUE given an input, then FFB will start to feel realistic. A tire is sending torque to the steering column and a simulation compute this torque, so why then the FFB try to transform a torque input in a position command instead of a torque command. This is where we lose the control/realism.

The software is more powerful than anything we've been using thus far, but I have confidence with a little learning curve the Accuforce is THE enthusiast wheel to get.

You don´t have to mess with that to much if you don´t want to. I can´t possible see adjustability like this as a negative. Get an ECCI non force feedback wheel if you want a totally consistent turning experience. As such I recon it should perhaps be better then an Accuforce without ffb effects just some spring/damper effect :)

I agree that adjustability can be nice for expert and people with a lot of time, but so many sims, so many cars, so many tracks. I have not the time to tweak them all.

But I am pretty sure that this wheel is the best thing that could happen to sim racing. Just add some presets approved by professionnal racers or sim developpers ;)

I am currently enjoying my CSW V2 far more than expected, so I imagine the Accuforce would make me lose my mind !

If my CSW v2 comes back from repair and its actually reliable this time, I'll be happy with that, but I can't honestly say I'm not tempted to get an Accuforce wheel later this year as my main PC wheel and use the CSW v2 for back-up duty and consoles.

I was watching that review last night and came away very impressed. I think between Simvibe and the new Accuforce Wheel the Simcommander software is fascinating. It sounds like the automatic setup works well, but I agree the tweaking could potentially be overwhelming. For a nearly $2000 wheel it's worth investing the time to get the most out of your investment. It's way more than I'd want to spend on a force feedback wheel, but it does sound like it justifies its cost. It also looks like it was very thoughtfully and patiently developed.

The Accuforce will most likely be to high end what the DFGT is to low end. Bang for buck, as in....... best.

The questions that keep coming to my mind are a) Could the software be made to work with other wheels? b) If so, could SimXperience make more money on software rather than hardware? Considering that the software would be near all profit once developed.

I'd love to know how good a Fanatec V2 would be with Sim Commander 4 doing it's thing, and if it would be too good and take sales away from the Accuforce or not. If there would still be a sizeable difference, I'd have thought it would be win/win for SimX to release a version that could operate with Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, etc. wheels., if it were possible.

I am sure that the electronic, motor and wheel construction are top notch, but all the tunings menus are too much for me.
You don't have to use all that. You can just use the games FF just like every other wheel made if you want. There's also a fully auto mode where the wheel will make all the Sim experience settings for you if you want. The tuning is only there if you want it. Taking the tuning out would be a huge loss. Its only for tweaking for your preferences if you choose.

You don't have to use all that. You can just use the games FF just like every other wheel made if you want. There's also a fully auto mode where the wheel will make all the Sim experience settings for you if you want. The tuning is only there if you want it. Taking the tuning out would be a huge loss. Its only for tweaking for your preferences if you choose.

Yes you are all right about the fact that SimXperience is doing an incredible job to give so many tools. But I would love something that helps to be as close as real experience. And all these tweaks/tunings without something that rates realism make me nervous : "am I cheating if I increase this feedback or decrease this one ?"

Nice wheel, but no console compatibility, no thanks. If (it will NEVER happen) they do add console compatibility, I'd buy it asap.

Jerome

Of course the more features the better... But anyone that's actually going to buy this won't be too sore that they can't play inferior console games. I wish I could try this wheel

What's the big deal about console compatibility?

What's the big deal about PC? :P I don't need a KB and Mouse to navigate windows with, less carpel tunnel since I sit just about all day in front a computer. Graphics on the PS4 are plenty good enough for me, less expensive than a PC and I have no interest in a triple monitor either my 46" tv is great.

Jerome

The SimExperience approach is really built around a PC model not a Console model. SimExperience builds both hardware and software for the sim industry with the view of integrating it with the simulation programs themselves, Console manufacturers simply don't allow add on software to integrate with their applications.

I only have a small exposure to SimExperience using SimVibe to enhance the tactile side of my rig since I switched from Console based sim racing to PC based sim racing. While it is only a small exposure to the whole SimExperience it has been a powerful demonstration of what SimExperience can do when they can integrate with a sim racing applicaton (Assetto Corsa in my case).

Using exactly the same hardware the tactile experience is much greater from SimVibe then it was from using the low frequency audio feed from GT6.

With Console racing one is dependent on the approach and skill of the console manufacturer and the game developer aiming for market share. With PC racing there is much more flexability as the base hardware is constantly being upgrades, the operating system are open for programming and creative approaches can be taken to integrate various pieces of software to enhance capability.

The cost is greater complexity which requires the user to spend time learning how to run multiple systems.

SimCommander is not particularly "user friendly" but it provides incredible flexibility to control various pieces of hardware associated with a sin racing rig. Nothing like this exists for consoles and I doubt it ever will be.

Of course the more features the better... But anyone that's actually going to buy this won't be too sore that they can't play inferior console games. I wish I could try this wheel

I'm tired of the notion that the only difference between console games and PC games is that console games are inferior. While that is true of cross-platform titles, the (sad) reality is a lot of really great titles are unique to consoles. There's nothing like Forza Horizon for PC. Hell, there's nothing quite like Forza Motorsport for PC, not when it comes to the breadth of car models and upgrades.

If your focus is serious simulators for serious people, then the PC is where it's at, and I doubt SimXperience is losing sleep over not catering to console owners. I'd love it if they did though. I'm a fan of proper sims, but I also have great fun with less involved console titles that still provide pretty good physics.

Well if they are good with software they would have no problem with console support. I would be a big bonus but it would be a tragedy just run console titles with a wheel with such ffb capabilities. You will never get to know what it really can do running GT6 or Forza 5 or similar games.

All I want is a wheel that has cross platform compatibility. Having to spend near $2000+ for a wheel and pedals and have it only compatible with the PC blows my mind. You would think that the more money you spend it should work on more platforms, but there still is not a wheel on the market that does this.

This wheel does look great for the price though and maybe more people would be willing to buy this thing as the ultimate wheel if it worked on all platforms, oh well maybe in a future update.

I assume as many as 90% of owners of this wheel are going to be using it iRacing. That's the likely target audience, and if you go to the iRacing forums you can read much more about the wheel including plenty of posts from the guys who are developing it.

I assume the pricing of this wheel is based around a niche of a few thousand wheels being sold (per year?). In comparison even the Fanatec clubsport wheel is sold in much larger numbers, and that is where console compatibility starts to matter. Both Fanatec and Thrustmaster appear to see a direct impact on their profits due to console sales (in Fanatec's case the lack of next gen consoles having a clear negative impact during 2013/2014).

Maybe Fanatec will one day bring a multi platform direct drive wheel to market, complete with clever firmware which can interpret console FFB commands into something richer. I don't see anyone else likely to be able to do this basically.

I totally understand that point. Currently I am enjoying Gt6 and AC and rFactor2 for very different reasons.

This is why in my case the CSW V2 is the best wheel.

I have to store it in the basement and can easily move my Wheel Stand Pro in front of the TV or in front of my PC.

But for someone with no interest in consoles, with a nice rig, I think the Accuforce is the wheel to own.

I have the feeling that for the first time simracers have the choice between two very nice wheels that are mature enough to be used in a lot of different sims.

I'm tired of the notion that the only difference between console games and PC games is that console games are inferior. While that is true of cross-platform titles, the (sad) reality is a lot of really great titles are unique to consoles. There's nothing like Forza Horizon for PC. Hell, there's nothing quite like Forza Motorsport for PC, not when it comes to the breadth of car models and upgrades.

If your focus is serious simulators for serious people, then the PC is where it's at, and I doubt SimXperience is losing sleep over not catering to console owners. I'd love it if they did though. I'm a fan of proper sims, but I also have great fun with less involved console titles that still provide pretty good physics.

But when it comes to racing games, the PC walks all over the consoles. Sure Forza, Horizon and GT offer a bit of a career type experience that you can't get on PC, but the PC just excels at realism, physics, and FFB if you're a wheel owner.

I've already come to the conclusion that I'm going to order the Accuforce wheel later this month and use it as my main PC wheel, I'll just keep my Fanatec CSW v2 as a console wheel if the Xbox One rims materialize and hopefully PS4 support in the future.

Yeah this wheel looks very impressive, Although I really hope they have an H shifter in the works for it too.

No console compatibility is unfortunate but very understandable.

So I cant find a list anywhere but I assume this wheel should work with most up to date sims? Maybe somebody could refresh my memory as to how PC compatibility works with steering wheels?

Yeah this wheel looks very impressive, Although I really hope they have an H shifter in the works for it too.

No console compatibility is unfortunate but very understandable.

So I cant find a list anywhere but I assume this wheel should work with most up to date sims? Maybe somebody could refresh my memory as to how PC compatibility works with steering wheels?

Like any other wheel I would imagine without in-game support, you can set it up in-game by mapping inputs if the SimCommander software doesn't have specific support.

12thgear,

While I agree to a point and sympathize with your plight regarding games like GT and Forza not being available on PC, allow me to counter your point about there being a lot of unique titles available exclusively for PC. While that be may true to an extent, for every unique racing title the console has, I can name five more that are unique to the PC. The PC, at the end of the day offers A MUCH bigger variety and unique collection of racing games than both PS3 and Xbox 360 combined! If you are fan of casual/arcade racers, then believe it or not the PC actually outshines the consoles 10:1. If you count emulation then the comparison becomes even more ridiculous. Allow me to list few arcade racing games that can be played on the PC that *CANNOT* be played on the PS3 or Xbox 360(let alone their next gen counterparts):

1)Daytona 2
2)Super GT
3)Rave Racer
4)Trackmania 2: Canyon
5)Trackmania 2: Valley
6)Trackmania 2: Stadium
7)Next Car Game
8)Sega Rally Championship
9)F-Zero GX
10)CruisN USA
11)San Francisco Rush
12)Indy 500

Just to name a few. So while the consoles may have GT and Forza and WipeOut, the PC has an incredible plethora of great arcade racers to choose from, and best of all.....THEY WILL ALL WORK with the Accuforce Wheel!! :cheers:
:gtpflag:

12thgear,

While I agree to a point and sympathize with your plight regarding games like GT and Forza not being available on PC, allow me to counter your point about there being a lot of unique titles available exclusively for PC. While that be may true to an extent, for every unique racing title the console has, I can name five more that are unique to the PC. The PC, at the end of the day offers A MUCH bigger variety and unique collection of racing games than both PS3 and Xbox 360 combined! If you are fan of casual/arcade racers, then believe it or not the PC actually outshines the consoles 10:1. If you count emulation then the comparison becomes even more ridiculous.

Isamu, I think I saw you posting in other forums and that's what got me experimenting with Model 2 emulation on the PC. So thanks for that.

My issue with my racing options on the PC has never been about quantity. It's about certain games that really appeal to my tastes. Hardcore sims are covered, and very arcade-style games are covered (Trackmania, Burnout Paradise and the Criterion NFS titles, etc). It's that middle ground that EA (NFS Shift series), Codemasters (Grid series), and perhaps Slightly Mad (Project C.A.R.S.) are sorta/kinda/not really covering that I think Gran Turismo and Forza have done so well. They offer a decent selection of tracks, an insane choice of cars new and old, lots of upgrades, and combine them with some very competent physics. Forza Horizon gets special mention as it takes all that (well, fewer cars unfortunately) and dumps it in an open world, while still retaining sim-ish physics, which I don't think anyone else is doing today. If Microsoft would just port the Forza titles to Windows I could retire from console racing completely and save up for the Accuforce. But, they've got systems to sell, and an ecosystem to milk (as does Sony) and maybe that's why Polyphony and Turn 10/Playground get the funding they get. Maybe that's just not practical for the Windows market.

User base for a console racer like GT or Forza is huge compared to PC sims. And since they are both first party "system sellers" they definitely have big budgets and parent company assistance for licensing.

Of course, most users of GT or Forza use a controller, but I suspect despite this there are as many GT users with wheels as PC simracers with wheels. VERY hard to tell.

I think both console and PC have a place. PC offers more refined and higher quality experience, but the whole licensed road cars and tuning within Forza/GT is fun. Best approach is two separate rigs, I guess.... :)

P.S. I'm really looking forward to the arms race on next gen consoles between GT7 and Forza 6. I expect amazing graphics, amazing licensed car lists and significant steps forwards in physics and AI. But we shall see....

No triple screen support or VR support on consoles = me never purchasing another console racer. Old 360 and PS3 can do it and new so called next gen can't. GTFO with that garbage. Fail!

User base for a console racer like GT or Forza is huge compared to PC sims. And since they are both first party "system sellers" they definitely have big budgets and parent company assistance for licensing.

Of course, most users of GT or Forza use a controller, but I suspect despite this there are as many GT users with wheels as PC simracers with wheels. VERY hard to tell.

I think both console and PC have a place. PC offers more refined and higher quality experience, but the whole licensed road cars and tuning within Forza/GT is fun. Best approach is two separate rigs, I guess.... :)

P.S. I'm really looking forward to the arms race on next gen consoles between GT7 and Forza 6. I expect amazing graphics, amazing licensed car lists and significant steps forwards in physics and AI. But we shall see....

If Forza doesn't get their FFB sorted out though, I have no interest in playing Forza 6 with a wheel. The FFB is pretty bad on Forza 5 without tweaking the cars considerably. All stock cars feel terrible. There's a huge FFB deadzone around center. Strangely, Horizon 2 doesn't seem to have this issue nearly as bad, its almost normal.

Back