Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Yep, PSN is still offline from what I heard.

Rumours that there's a hacking group goes by the name "The Lizard Squad" had carried out a DDOS attack on PSN.

And then there's a maintenance tomorrow. :banghead:

Yep, PSN is still offline from what I heard.

Rumours that there's a hacking group goes by the name "The Lizard Squad" had carried out a DDOS attack on PSN.

And then there's a maintenance tomorrow. :banghead:
What, another hack on the PSN?
Well, I hope they have closed the breaches when I get back from holiday.

I've had the "Failed to connect to PSN" three times in a row now. :grumpy:

Gonna have to delay my sorties until later this evening I suppose.

New tournament and the ASF-X -Ridgebacks- will be available for the top 200 players...yay...
During the Pirate thing tournament I got ranked around 9000 using every single supplied fuel unit and zero stocked fuel, with a good amount of points/sortie.
19 stocked fuel units left, I'm not gonna waste those since I won't be able to get on the top 200 for sure...
A guy on the official wiki said that in order to get the F2 shogun (top 200) he had to spend around 80$ in fuel units.
Anyway, planning to upgrade to the max the new F16 gold falcon, I don't like the gold colour too much but at least it should be better than the standard one once upgraded, I really wish to fly and get MVPs with a Falcon again!
Too bad upgrading low tier fighters looks like wasting precious money you could spend for a much much better aircraft...

New tournament and the ASF-X -Ridgebacks- will be available for the top 200 players...yay...
During the Pirate thing tournament I got ranked around 9000 using every single supplied fuel unit and zero stocked fuel, with a good amount of points/sortie.
19 stocked fuel units left, I'm not gonna waste those since I won't be able to get on the top 200 for sure...
A guy on the official wiki said that in order to get the F2 shogun (top 200) he had to spend around 80$ in fuel units.
Anyway, planning to upgrade to the max the new F16 gold falcon, I don't like the gold colour too much but at least it should be better than the standard one once upgraded, I really wish to fly and get MVPs with a Falcon again!
Too bad upgrading low tier fighters looks like wasting precious money you could spend for a much much better aircraft...

Damn, what's up with them rewarding the plane for the top 200s only? Why can't they reward it to the top 5000s?

Yeah the top 200 is utter 🤬. I would probably have liked that Ridgebacks jet too.👎
@Vitocorp, do you have access to the F-16F DR? It's probably the best F-16 in the game, though I think the regular F-16F is probably better than the gold F-16C as well, and I'm not even sure if the gold F-16C can reach level 15 like the regular F-16C and F-16F.

Edit: If the Wiki can be believed, the special versions should also reach level 15.

Damn, what's up with them rewarding the plane for the top 200s only? Why can't they reward it to the top 5000s?
Yeah the top 200 is utter 🤬. I would probably have liked that Ridgebacks jet too.👎
@Vitocorp, do you have access to the F-16F DR? It's probably the best F-16 in the game, though I think the regular F-16F is probably better than the gold F-16C as well, and I'm not even sure if the gold F-16C can reach level 15 like the regular F-16C and F-16F.

Edit: If the Wiki can be believed, the special versions should also reach level 15.
80$ for a virtual aircraft is way too much, I spent 17€ for the rookie pack+the unlimited campaing ticket.
For a special aircraft, top 3000/5000 would be fair, it's not just a skin, it's an almost brand new bird...
I regret not fighting for the top 1000 during the pride of wardog tournament, I had a massive load of fuel back then, something like 40 units while I ended around the top 2000.
I managed to get a top 300 and a top 900 (crow emblem and the galm team one, during TDMs)
Back on the Falcons, I do have access to all the F16 in game, both F16F ready to be upgraded to lvl2.
F16F has QAAMs and those could be useful in TDM, good umber of slots for parts customization as well
F16F -DR- SOD instead of 4AGM, HVAA instead of QAAM, better statistic and more customization slots.
I prefer the -DR- too but I would like to have a mid/low tier aircraft with QAAM to use in future TDM, the F16F is the perfect compromise, but I'll probably go for the -DR- plus -GF- combo. :lol:

Contemplated whether or not I should gun for that Ridgebacks plane but after finding out you need at least $80 of stocked fuel to rank within the top 200 and realising how nasal and annoying the squadron (Edge in particular) is in the campaign I may pass.

Don't get me wrong that Shinden is a quite a looker in the Ridgebacks colors but when the inevitable tournaments for the hero planes of past Ace Combats come around I've got a feeling I'll be needing a whole lot more than $80 of stocked fuel to have any chance winning even an emblem.

EDIT: But that RB Shinden loadout though...6AAM, QAAM, LASM...I'm a fan of air to air oriented planes and this tourney will test my capacity to not splurge $$$ on this game T_T

Last edited:
With the half off fuel sale Namco gave to Japanese players, they are effectively giving us Westerners/Non-Japan players the middle finger.

Hey Namco wanna actually build some rapport and enthusiasm for your products? Stop coddling one region over another. 👎

I myself don't see the intrigue to the Ridgebacks Shinden or lust for it, but making it a top 200 prize only on top of not giving the rest of the PSN player base the discount is a dick move.

With the half off fuel sale Namco gave to Japanese players, they are effectively giving us Westerners/Non-Japan players the middle finger.

Hey Namco wanna actually build some rapport and enthusiasm for your products? Stop coddling one region over another. 👎

I myself don't see the intrigue to the Ridgebacks Shinden or lust for it, but making it a top 200 prize only on top of not giving the rest of the PSN player base the discount is a dick move.

They pander to their japanese playerbase because they just happen to sink in the most money into all of their F2P games. They dominate gundam, loldominate ACI, support TR, and support SC:LS. What you might see as bias from bamco as a japanese company might just be bamco rewarding their most active playerbase. In other words you, or nonjap players in general, might not be their main target audience to begin with.

On that note gundam, prices are just as crazy and people to sink money into that bad boy.

I guess I should get a Japanese account for this eh? I wouldn't mind starting over but I don't want to lose some limited time emblems. :(

You plan on buying yen? If so check out amazon i think you can get Japanese psn cards there.

At some point or another. But as I said, I don't want to lose some emblems so I'm going to wait until they're offered again. Whenever that could be.

And on the topic of these limited time items or tournament prizes, I really want to know when they'll do it again or just give out all that content for everyone. The only tournament prize I actually really wanted was the F-15 MTD Stripes but of course I didn't place high enough.

( P.S awesome pic)

Thanks! :)

the official FB page of the game is a bloodbath, 90% of fan's posts are about complaining but they don't care too much, seems like the game (in terms of money) goes pretty well.
Personally I don't want to spend money on fuel unless for Mobius 1 themed stuffs, that's why probably I'm not going to burn any stocked fuel for this tournament and I've passed 3 Stonehenge 1 missions because I was out of supplied fuel.
Anyway, I had some fun with Stonehenge 2 using my mighty Typoon and 6AAM as salvo rockets against the main facility, placed 2nd with 5'000 points less than the MVP.

Namco's behaviour with these silly things is daft.

With the Challenge to complete to win the gold F16 they have the template to do this correctly instead of all these silly money grabbing ventures.

They will lose their customers if they keep this up.

At some point or another. But as I said, I don't want to lose some emblems so I'm going to wait until they're offered again. Whenever that could be.

And on the topic of these limited time items or tournament prizes, I really want to know when they'll do it again or just give out all that content for everyone. The only tournament prize I actually really wanted was the F-15 MTD Stripes but of course I didn't place high enough.

Thanks! :)

If we use all the other bamci F2P games as examples; typically near the end of the year ( gundam ) they tend to run lock everything up untill now events. Even Soul calibur did something similar with the heros quests. But I think their basing ALOT of ACIs ,echanics on gundam so come the end of the year you'll wish you saved every piece of fuel

If we use all the other bamci F2P games as examples; typically near the end of the year ( gundam ) they tend to run lock everything up untill now events. Even Soul calibur did something similar with the heros quests. But I think their basing ALOT of ACIs ,echanics on gundam so come the end of the year you'll wish you saved every piece of fuel

I'm really sorry sir, you got me somewhat confused there ... Could you please explain?

I'm really sorry sir, you got me somewhat confused there ... Could you please explain?

I'm on my ps3 so if I miss a few words you'll know why :sly:

Well what I was trying to say was that bamco has a F2P game called Gundam Battle Operations. Ace Combat Infinity uses an EXTREMELY similar model to it; a model that normally I would go into detail about but I don't have time, so i'll leave it at similar. The point is that every year, near the end of each year, the run an event in gundam in which you can unlock ALL of the event mobile suits.
I recommend looking up gundam so you can see what i'm talking about, or as soon as i'm free in awhile i'll post all the details myself.

A T-50 Skin drop huh Namco? MY WISH WAS GRANTED!!
What?! YES. I'm about to buy one myself, awesome!
Got it after 3 sorties but I'm not planning to use the T50 anytime soon :lol:
On the other hand I got the '07' emblem (my 2nd favourite number, I can't use 17 since there's no 17 in game) a couple of weeks ago (I've been playing the game since release, and playing with a friend of mine account I got it 2 TIMES in 6 sorties)

The feeling when you slap on the "Southern Operation" emblem on your F-22 and MVP Aerospace Center Defense:

New+meme+He-man_659312_3058931.jpg

Now I understand why I could never get the special Rafale...

Pilots,

In regards to the issue of some item drops not occurring in Online Co-op Missions, we have revised the problem.

As for this issue, we are compensating all pilots with 3 Stocked Fuels.

Please receive the compensation from the Notifications in the game.
(Please be aware that you will need to open the Notification of this compensation by September 16th 8:59AM (JST), September 15th 4:59PM (PDT), September 16th 0AM (UTC) in order to receive the 3 Stocked Fuels.)

Apologies for the inconvenience again.

Of course, that damned plane will not be available anymore when I get back from holiday at the end of next week... :irked:
And the last day before I left, I got the F/A-18 skin again and 2 of those ridiculous emblems, and no Rafale.

Not that any of this matters for me since I can't seem to complete a sortie like I once could :indiff:

Now I understand why I could never get the special Rafale...

Of course, that damned plane will not be available anymore when I get back from holiday at the end of next week... :irked:
And the last day before I left, I got the F/A-18 skin again and 2 of those ridiculous emblems, and no Rafale.
No wonder why i could get the Rafale. Namco just realized this?!

How is everyone doing in the Ridgeback tourney? Getting to the top 200 is next to impossible and I'm not too interested in getting the emblem and music for the top 3000 so those aircraft research reports will be very welcome!

Just did a bit of rough math and I will be able to max out my end game fighters on both accounts (including special weapons of choice) within the next month to month and a half if I use all of the supplied fuel per day and maybe get a bit of luck with the special raid missions along the way.

The F-22 still can't 1-shot MiG-29s with it's 4AAMS at level 9 unless I have the critical damage datalink active; whereas the T-50 had no problems with this since level 7(?) so if and when the time comes do you guys think it would be better to upgrade the 4AAMs to level 5 or the F-22 itself to level 10?

Also I don't think it's been posted here but this is the supposed list of upcoming aircraft according to the Ace Combat reddit:

Someone extracted these from the upgrade pkg in ps3 mod bbs.

F-5E Tiger II

F-20A Tigershark II

X-02 Wyven

ADF-01 FALKEN

A-10A -Greg Gates-

AV-8B+ -Kim Aba-

F-14A -Mickey Simon-

F-5E -Shin Kazama-

F-20A -Shin Kazama-

Su-34 -Alisa & Xiaoyu-

Su-35 -Jin-

Su-35 -Kazuya-

F-15C -Scorpio-

F-15E -Garuda-

Mirage2000-5 -Scorpio-

X-02 -Tiger-

F-15C -Cipher-

F-15C -Pixy-

F-16C -Gold Falcon-

F-16C -Libra-

Su-33 -Pirates-

Su-33 -Strigon-

MiG-29A -Libra-

F/A-18F -Black Hornet-

Su-37 -Yellow13-

ASF-X -Ridgebacks-

Some of these planes are already in the game so it's plausible that all of the planes on the list will be available in the game at some point.

The question is in what order will they be released and which of the specials in bold will be special drops / tournament prizes (/ Co-Op or PVP)?

Latest Posts

Back