Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Oh oh... I thought I had seen a 5 or 6 hours cooldown time. Too good to be true then...
I may have not read correctly. I'll check this tonight.
You may have just hit it at the right time. Like I said, when I got my rewards, it said 5h30m until available again, so I was ready to confirm a 6 hr cooldown. When I double checked the time, I found that it was in line with the normal challenge reset time.

EDIT: @LJP64 - I just completed the challenge again, this time 4 hours after it reset. I have 20 hours until it's available again. It looks like it resets once a day (Midnight GMT?), the same as the 3 and 6 sortie challenges and the score challenges.

Apparently it's possible to get $1.5million in a random drop at the moment as well, I bet I never see it.
I thought it was awesome when I received a 76,500 cr. gold box yesterday.

Last edited:
Welp, this thread made me aware of AC Infinity's existence and I've gone and downloaded it. I'm really enjoying it so far. The gameplay feels very Ace Combat to me and I love the nods to the previous games (not least the music from 4 and 5). I've done four campaign missions and a good amount of online sorties, and am currently on the F-14. So uh...thanks guys? :dopey:

I haven't been able to get on my PS3, much less commit to Ace Combat, as often as I used to thanks to an overwhelming number of things I need to do in real life now. So when my first Stonehenge Returns emergency mission turned out to be Stonehenge II, I thought wow thats pretty crazy, like what are the chances? Pretty low, right?

image.jpeg

.....so what were my odds that my second emergency mission ended up being Stonehenge Returns III?

No seriously, I don't even know what Stonehenge Returns I looks like guys.

After I humoured this outcome and laughed to myself in disbelief, I tripled up my sorties, doubled up my contracts and pulled out my best plane. My room was made up of 4 players all with a rating 18xx+, so I had reasonable faith in the mission even if I expected it to be a pretty challenging mission.

And boy let me tell you, I was not disappointed, in it being challenging at least. I had my brother standing next to me being my co-pilot so that I can keep my eyes on the target, and he can keep his eyes on the radar keeping me updated on incoming shock waves from stonehenge; mighty fine strategy might I add.
However, the difficult bit wasn't trying to avoid being killed by the enemy. Oh no. The difficulty came from defeating the enemies in the time allocated. Unlike my first Stonehenge emergency mission, I didn't die. But that didn't seem to be enough. Either that or I wasn't fighting as hard as I should have been. Just to give you an example of how my run went, when we finally got to directly attacking the Stonehenge cannons themselves, I looked up at the time and it went "0:09....0:08...:0:07....etc etc fission mail!" Time especially eats up if your targets take forever to die.

Overall impressions though: it's challenging but it's definitely doable if everyone knows what they are doing. Rooms with a higher number of players should have not too many problems but 4 player rooms will need to be strong and quick at the same time. I believe my problem was that I underestimated the mission and focused too much on not dying, as opposed to trying to take out the targets as quickly as possible.

Can't wait to see what this game throws at me next :lol:.

SHR I is pretty easy, I haven't been shot down since the first one I did which was a SHR II anyway. I think you'd need an 8 player room, two guys with Attackers that have machine gun upgrades and unguided bombs, and two guys with Multiroles to take out the enemy defence force to be the most effective. Killing those jamming stations at the start without being shot down on regular machine guns can eat a lot of time.

It seems that upgrade for Pixy is 261 000:) so that's it. T-50 to level 8 more than 500 000 so I'll
stick to the F-15 with the hope for a golden box with 5 to 6 upgrade.

Been enjoying TDM in my trusty old F-22. A couple of fun sorties here and there.

Attached pic is the result of a very hard fought match. Scoreline doesn't look too close but basically I was 50+ MR above virtually everyone else in the room so AC:I paired me up with the ones with the lowest MRs (I think achille360 was a complete noob at 1500 with an F-4; room spread was from 1500-1700 thanks to the host having no MR restrictions).

Match started off as expected with nearly every single person in my flight getting shot down during/shortly after the first joust except for me and possible mic-le-toutou so my team was down ~8,000 points within the first minute :/. 3/4 of Bravo then proceeds to chase me which works out quite nicely since when my teammates spawn they've virtually been lined up like turkeys for the others to shoot down.

I can only assume that mic-le-toutou managed to take down one bandit while the other two are just way out of their depth in this room so we were basically running with a bit of a handicap throughout the whole match.

Too keep the story short:

0-2 minutes = getting TDM handed to us; score is ~11,000 to ~25,000 to Bravo
2-4 minutes = the fight back begins; score is ~25,000 - ~35,000 to Bravo
4-5 minutes = making real ground on Bravo; score is ~40,000 to ~41,000 to Bravo
5-6 minutes = mad dash to the finish. We had the momentum and judging by the result below it looked like Bravo caved in under the pressure and couldn't hold us out any longer! GG :D

20140912_222058 - Copy.jpg

Thank goodness I wasn't recording this because I would have had to cut the "YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHSSSSS" at the end of the match out of the video :lol:.

Tourney rank holding steady within the top 1000 which is nice after only sortieing on supplied/challenge fuel. Seems like Bamco has hit a sweet spot on how to run these things.

Last edited:
So @Bobert power tells me that Namco is having a limited time drop of 1.5 million credits for 1.5 million downloads.

Times that by 3 forced sorties and that's a potential 4.5 mil put into your Ace bank account.

Guess I have to dust off my flight suit and helmet :cool:

So @Bobert power tells me that Namco is having a limited time drop of 1.5 million credits for 1.5 million downloads.

Times that by 3 forced sorties and that's a potential 4.5 mil put into your Ace bank account.

Guess I have to dust off my flight suit and helmet :cool:

I'm fairly certain that x3 don't apply to limited abd regular drops. That and x3 won't guarantee x3 of whatever was dropped

Did a 3x forced sortie on SHR II in a 6 player room today. We S ranked and I got $162k with the 2nd highest score in the room by a narrow margin to first.

They are, I got one. 1.5 mil is very helpful. :P

You bugger!

Got some really intense battles today.
I had to face 2 guys using F-22A and ADFX-01 with my Rafale-VA. My teammate logged out/lost connection right in the beginning of the match so I had to that alone. I managed to hit them some times but they shot me down three times.
My score was 6068pts, F22 guy did 5600 and the ADFX-01 did 2800. My team lost, of course.

Later the inverse situation happened, me and a F-22 vs. a T-50 and decided let them alone. 2 vs. 1 is unfair, IMHO.

The third match was 2 vs. 2 and my team won by a 15pts margin due to a machine gun hit by my teammate in the last 30 seconds.

I gave up hopes to be in 1000 in this tournament. Today I came home from work and saw that I fell for
few hundred places so I needed about 200 000 points to get in 1000. I don't care... 1100 or 1900 it's the same.
It's interesting how you have much better reflexes when you switch from death match to coop:D.
And this 1.5 million would be nice to get. Always when I see golden box my heart speed up for a second:D.

And this 1.5 million would be nice to get. Always when I see golden box my heart speed up for a second:D.
At least you see golden boxes...
I went back from vacation last sunday and played everyday since then (and did many sorties this week-end), and no golden boxes for me, not even just one... :boggled:
I wonder if they really exist.

04:06 (last TDM) place 639, at 8:00 I was like 750, 9:98 dropped on 824 place, Galm head is mine I guess...
Gone from 60 stocked fuel to 28 but finally I got the Pixy, I should buy some set slots, this damn slot sistem...
At least you see golden boxes...
I went back from vacation last sunday and played everyday since then (and did many sorties this week-end), and no golden boxes for me, not even just one... :boggled:
I wonder if they really exist.
Don't worry I've done tons of sorties due to the tournament, I just got 2 golden boxes, the F-15 Pixy and a special 3x stocked fuel (1.5 mln celebration I guess).

3x fuel was from notification, not from golden box I think.
Today I've played just one DM in morning because of fuel and finally collected credits to
upgrade T-50 to level 8. Now I'll unlock Su-25 and open that part of tree:).

3x fuel was from notification, not from golden box I think.
Today I've played just one DM in morning because of fuel and finally collected credits to
upgrade T-50 to level 8. Now I'll unlock Su-25 and open that part of tree:).
There is also a special reward of 3x stocked fuel, I got a golden box with no Pixy or Gripen skin, so...💡

So the next ranking event is a co-op with the Black Hornet F/A-18 as a prize. I wish these things weren't the top 🤬 200!:mad: If it turns out to be top 5000 or something I have 45 stocked fuels and counting ready to go.

I guess this game has been looking favorably upon me, because I got the 1.5 million, the Pixy and several other gold boxes (Saab skins twice, stocked fuel, etc.) all within my first 20 sorties. Since then I've gotten pretty much nothing, but it was a pretty mean streak at the beginning.

On another note, I'm eyeing the Su-47 or F-15S/MTD as my endgame, rather than the T-50 or F-22. I've been using my level 3 Pixy for everything since I don't have an Attacker or Multirole with good stats yet (Su-25TM is my best Attacker currently).

So the next ranking event is a co-op with the Black Hornet F/A-18 as a prize. I wish these things weren't the top 🤬 200!:mad: If it turns out to be top 5000 or something I have 45 stocked fuels and counting ready to go.
It's top 1'000 but meh, co-op is harder than TDM to do...
This plane looks extremely awesome, and the emblem too...damn...reminds me of the Black and Gold Lotus 97T :scared:
There's also the new F-16 Libra but no infos about how to get this falcon.

It's top 1'000 but meh, co-op is harder than TDM to do...
This plane looks extremely awesome, and the emblem too...damn...reminds me of the Black and Gold Lotus 97T :scared:
There's also the new F-16 Libra but no infos about how to get this falcon.

Top 1000 is still impossible for me, that's a shame.

Lucky you. I've had it at least 10 times ...and I even haven't got the Gripen...:banghead:

I don't have the Gripen either.:lol:

Anyone aiming on top 1'000 this time?
The F18 is a great looking plane with good stats, and it seems to be a better plane than the Wardog itself
(damn I wish I had it, my Wardog emblem looks sad and alone :lol:, the Zipang will replace it, since officially in previous AC games it comes with the Wardog insignia).
I'm not sure if 55 units of stocked fuel are enough to get top 1'000, I should be able to stock around 70 during the tournament ready to use, last TDM I ended up around 2'000 with no stocked used before burning 50% of my units, getting a nice 843 position.

Just did a few sorties yesterday, and guess what I got:

1 box that contains 1,500,000 credits! (Guess I don't have any problems with money anymore. :P)

1 box that has the limited skin for the Gripen C.

But still no F-15C -PX-. :grumpy:

Just did a few sorties yesterday, and guess what I got:

1 box that contains 1,500,000 credits! (Guess I don't have any problems with money anymore. :P)

1 box that has the limited skin for the Gripen C.

But still no F-15C -PX-. :grumpy:
Damned. Everyone is getting those golden crates with the F-15 or the 1,500,000 cr... Everyone but me. :irked:

Damned. Everyone is getting those golden crates with the F-15 or the 1,500,000 cr... Everyone but me. :irked:

And me. I could really use that cash right about now, I'm ~$800k away from the Level 10 upgrade on my F-35.

Back