Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
And me. I could really use that cash right about now, I'm ~$800k away from the Level 10 upgrade on my F-35.
I need more or less 480,00 cr to upgrade my Su-34 to Level 6, and around 550,000 to do the same on my Su-47...
This cash would come in handy...
But with my legendary luck, I'll get neither the F-15 Pixy nor the 1,500,000 cr...

Gimmie yo likes again suckas! :sly:

Operation Future Prospect -

New Aircraft teased
YF-23A Black Widow II
Su-37 Yellow 13
ATD-X Shinshin
B-2A Spirit
F-5 Area 88
A-10 Area 88
F-14 Area 88
CFA-44 Nosferatu
X-02 Wyvern
ADF-01 Falken
R-101 Delphinus 1

New Missions teased
Operation Bunker Shot
Moby Dick return
SOLG

BGM
Freefall (from 'Zero Gravity' in AC3)

Sources: video ~ http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/723578-ace-combat-infinity/70114195

New planes are random drops or challenges, special planes, like the F-14 Area 88 could be everything, random drop (Pixy F-15) or Tournament (Wardog F-14), probably top 200/1000 tournaments....

New planes are random drops or challenges, special planes, like the F-14 Area 88 could be everything, random drop (Pixy F-15) or Tournament (Wardog F-14), probably top 200/1000 tournaments....

I won't even get the random drops.👎 I wonder if the B-2 will have a new special weapon to help make it competitive.

Top 1000 not possible without using stocked fuel for current tourney. Top 3000 might be.

Future update will change my priorities in the game. May aim for the Area 88 Shin Kazama plane in my F-22 account if that's a tournament prize. Not sure which plane I'd compete for in the T-50 account. Yellow 13 is cool but may not be that much better than the tech tree Su-37. CFA-44 doesn't have as much emotional value. Coulf go for the Falken but that's gotta be a long way away.

Soul Calibur emblems are nice. Sophitia on the F-22 = dancing with the angels :sly:. Hilde on the T-50 would be awesome...IF the emblem actually drops on that account!!!

Top 1000 not possible without using stocked fuel for current tourney. Top 3000 might be.

Future update will change my priorities in the game. May aim for the Area 88 Shin Kazama plane in my F-22 account if that's a tournament prize. Not sure which plane I'd compete for in the T-50 account. Yellow 13 is cool but may not be that much better than the tech tree Su-37. CFA-44 doesn't have as much emotional value. Coulf go for the Falken but that's gotta be a long way away.

Soul Calibur emblems are nice. Sophitia on the F-22 = dancing with the angels :sly:. Hilde on the T-50 would be awesome...IF the emblem actually drops on that account!!!
Pretty sure the Falken, CFA-44, X-02 will be free, just like the ASF-X Shinden II (still a fictional plane with high-spec capabilities) or the Block 1 Morgan.
Limited time challenges/drops maybe...
I don't care about Area 88 planes and Yellow 13 will be a top 200 challege for sure, that's why I'm going for the Black Hornet, I'm in love with special fancy planes right now :lol:
Plus it reminds me of this...
Lotus+97T+++Ayrton+Senna.jpg

3 sorties yesterday and got two of those stupid emblems. But still no F-15 Pixy.
Strange, I saw a good amount of Pixys during the TDM tournament...
(I got it after a LOT of boxes though...those are quite rare drops, not sure if you can get two planes and it gives money like when you get a skin you already have)

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Falken, CFA-44, X-02 will be free, just like the ASF-X Shinden II (still a fictional plane with high-spec capabilities) or the Block 1 Morgan.
Limited time challenges/drops maybe...
I don't care about Area 88 planes and Yellow 13 will be a top 200 challege for sure, that's why I'm going for the Black Hornet, I'm in love with special fancy planes right now :lol:
Plus it reminds me of this...
Lotus+97T+++Ayrton+Senna.jpg

Strange, I saw a good amount of Pixys during the TDM tournament...
(I got it after a LOT of boxes though...those are quite rare drops, not sure if you can get two planes and it gives money like when you get a skin you already have)

Don't make me change my mind on that tourney prize hornet! It is nice how it's top 1000 so you don't have to spend an insane amount of fuel to have a chance. The gold stripes should have been colored like in the Ayrton/Lotus photo but I have a feeling they're saving the paint scheme for this plane:

Ace-Combat-Shinden-2-Kei-Nagase-Colour-172-Kitset-14341636-5.jpeg

@LJP64: F-15 -Pixy- is ridiculously hard to get. I sortied religiously during the TDM tournament with supplied and challenge fuel and it only dropped on my F-22 account a couple of days ago. The sound played when it dropped was so sweet though. Almost like catching a legendary in Pokemon if you used to play that :lol:.

Also, has anyone come across the emergency sea strike? It looks like SMTD / Bombkut / LASM-truck heaven.

Don't make me change my mind on that tourney prize hornet! It is nice how it's top 1000 so you don't have to spend an insane amount of fuel to have a chance. The gold stripes should have been colored like in the Ayrton/Lotus photo but I have a feeling they're saving the paint scheme for this plane:
F-15 -Pixy- is ridiculously hard to get. I sortied religiously during the TDM tournament with supplied and challenge fuel and it only dropped on my F-22 account a couple of days ago. The sound played when it dropped was so sweet though. Almost like catching a legendary in Pokemon if you used to play that :lol:.

Also, has anyone come across the emergency sea strike? It looks like SMTD / Bombkut / LASM-truck heaven.
Yeah, the music when you get Pixy is a nice addition :P
Nagase's plane looks more orange-like than gold, plus I never liked the ASF-X Shinden II

About the Black Hornet, here's some quick analysis I made:

1)It's basically a Rafale M with better special weapons and much more gun rounds.
2)Same sp weapons as the F-18, so no real variety.
3)The Rafale -VA- was a free drop and you should have it, 6AAM instead of 4AAM of this Black Hornet, better statistics, more slot parts and probably an higher payload of SP weapons.
4)At this point of the game you'll probably need to wait until it reaches a good level before using it without touching the bottom of the final ranking match.
5)There will be more tournament coming in, and as of now, most players want classic Ace Combat planes/emblems (so do I and probably you too) so it's a wise idea about saving stocked fuel.
You need to fight hard for top 1'000 (usually for emblems) and is still unreachable without touching at least some stocked fuel, I will go for the Yellow squadron emblem for sure (if top 1000/3000) but not the plane.
Top 200 is still utopia unless you want to spend a TON of money for a virtual plane.
BUT
1) I still need a solid multirole fighter, 4AAM are way useful in TDM instead of 6AAM and SAAM could be an interesting choice for high value targets and strong opponents in TDM, I would like to test this strategy.
LASM could come in handy in some maps.
2)Should be cheaper to upgrade and sometimes you do not feel to much differences between D+ and C for example.
3) At this point of the game 80% of aircrafts are useless at level 1 mostly due to low sp weapons payload/low standard missile damage. 1 shooting MiG-29 still makes a big difference.
4)The colous scheme is AWESOME, black is a nice touch and as a huge Ayrton Senna fan, every time I will use it, I'll think about the 97T blazing throug the rain.
5)For some reason it reminds me of the YF-17 prototype which had some black lines, 17 is also my favourite and lucky number.

So do I recommend fighting for this plane? Strategic-wise the answer is NO (unless you really like this paint/you are planning to collect every single aircraft the game has to offer and you have an insane amount of money you want to spend/you are in my same situation/look at me I have a plane that only 999 people like me have!), save your stocked fuel for next tournament, even 20 units can make a difference. :sly:

Yesterday I downloaded SC: Lost Sword, and I got the emblem for AC:Infinity by downloading it from PS Store, but still missing the bikini for SC, when I will get it?

Plus, as it seems that new content will be released with the final mission, you suggest me to wait to upgrade plane (I'm still at half of the tree, start focus just yesterday on the F-15/F-22 branch) or upgrade now and use future credits for new releases?
I like F-planes, so I'm pointing to have this lineup:
- Attacker: F-117 Nighthawk (my most favourite plane, I just love it);
- Multirole: F-15 S/MTD;
- Fighter: F-22 A Raptor.
But obviously I can change it if I see that very stronger planes will come up, I'm already in handicap for the F-117 worst than Su-34 and F-15 S/MTD slighty worst than Su-47 and without ADF-X 01's OP Special Weapon.

P.S.: I play only from 2 months and had holidays in the middle which slowed my farm.

Yesterday I downloaded SC: Lost Sword, and I got the emblem for AC:Infinity by downloading it from PS Store, but still missing the bikini for SC, when I will get it?

Plus, as it seems that new content will be released with the final mission, you suggest me to wait to upgrade plane (I'm still at half of the tree, start focus just yesterday on the F-15/F-22 branch) or upgrade now and use future credits for new releases?
I like F-planes, so I'm pointing to have this lineup:
- Attacker: F-117 Nighthawk (my most favourite plane, I just love it);
- Multirole: F-15 S/MTD;
- Fighter: F-22 A Raptor.
But obviously I can change it if I see that very stronger planes will come up, I'm already in handicap for the F-117 worst than Su-34 and F-15 S/MTD slighty worst than Su-47 and without ADF-X 01's OP Special Weapon.

P.S.: I play only from 2 months and had holidays in the middle which slowed my farm.
I was planning to upgrade the F-117 but I decided to go for the F16 Desert Rock for GPBs, I don't use attackers since most of emergency missions are based on 'destroy the enemy squardons' and a multirole with standard missiles is capable of doing good damage.
The MTD has LAGMs, one of the most useful sp ground weapon, long range and with the wider area part it becomes a mini FAEB, better than bombs.
F-22 is, of course, a great choice for a fighter (I prefer something with 6MAA in co-op but that's your choice)
You can still use the nighthawk properly in weapon base assault and in any of the emergency sorties missions (stonehenge/naval,ground attack raids), just make sure to upgrade the engine as much as you can, speed is a key component in co-op.
We don't know the stats of new planes but, if you are confortable, just stick with those and don't spend your money.
Remember, you make money regarding your score and the gap from the mvp.

At the moment I'm doing missions with the Rafale M - Vent d'Ange lv1, not upgrading it because I saw it costs really a lot in high levels. Usually I do between 25k to 45k points depending if my kills are stolen or there is someone that kills everything. Right today I did 43k at Stonehenge I, MVP of the raid in which there were 2 1.900 guys with upgraded top aircrafts (I'm 1.580).

To pump up my credits and speed a bit the farm I used all 50 sortie fuel 3 per times to get x3.50 bonus with mercenary contract activated. From always 0 now I got 800k credits which I will use to progress to F-15 S/MTD and F-22.

Any tip for newbie? For example there are ways to do a very fast 360 like in recent ACs or it's just a matter of plane, level and upgrades?

Find 6 or 4 players rooms, not a guaranteed S rank but you can always get a good amount of points and it's expecially good for tournaments, I suggest to burn your stocked fuel during those events so you can get a good spot on the leaderboard.
I usually play with just the supplied one if I don't want that particular reward or there is no tournament at all.
With 3 or 5 other players you don't have to worry too much about "that player is gonna steal my kills", sure, the faster you are, the better.
For fast 360, you need maneuverability and speed control of course, so it's just matter of planes and those specific upgrading parts.
Airbrakes and accelleration will do the job, so I suggest to pick an high maneuverable fighter/multirole such as the F-22 and power up those specs.
Perfect on the Su-47 because it's a multirole with pretty much the same statistic as a high-spec fighter and it can equip more parts.
Stability can be a problem, sometimes when performing those maneuvers you can stall your plane and this is gonna cost you precious time but the anti-stall thing makes your high g turn slower if I remember correctly, so chose whisely!

I usually look for 8-players with high rated guys right because I want to try get S rank. In this one, I got atm around 7xth position with 56k points, but I've already exausted all kind of fuels, so I need to wait to the 3 recharging now.

For parts, what do you suggest me? I was thinking about to focus:
- F-117 Nighthawk: Acceleration/speed and radius/damage/recharge special weapons;
- F-15 S/MTD: pump up weapons and some turning upgrade;
- F-22A Raptor: almost same as F-15.
But for what you suggest me, it is better to focus on everything raise speed and mobility with the Stability+ to have less risk of get stall, right?

I usually look for 8-players with high rated guys right because I want to try get S rank. In this one, I got atm around 7xth position with 56k points, but I've already exausted all kind of fuels, so I need to wait to the 3 recharging now.

For parts, what do you suggest me? I was thinking about to focus:
- F-117 Nighthawk: Acceleration/speed and radius/damage/recharge special weapons;
- F-15 S/MTD: pump up weapons and some turning upgrade;
- F-22A Raptor: almost same as F-15.
But for what you suggest me, it is better to focus on everything raise speed and mobility with the Stability+ to have less risk of get stall, right?
Absolutelt yes on the F-117, his main weakness is the low speed, so you can keep up with other planes by increasing it and making a long range attacker plane.
No need for maneuverability as you can't deal with high speed targets such as fighters, the standard missiles are too weak against them and the aim is horrible on attackers, don't even bother about upgrading missiles with parts, the normal upgrade of the plane will do the job.
With LAGM, increase speed and radius, then damage and reload if you can, you'll have a mini FAEB with the lock and long range advantage.
With GPB, increase range and damage, great for high value targets with very tough armor.
I don't know the best strategy for SOD, never unlocked.
You can use the MTD in various ways, is a fast plane so I suggest to concentrate mostly on maneuverability and/or armory.
FAEBs are quite useless, I was oping for some destructing firepower but meh...
So stick with LAGMs, upgrade damage and radius, sacrifice speed and reload on these for some standard missile parts (damage and/or aim).
If SAAM apply more upgrades to the special weapon than the missiles.
For the F-22 mostly depends on the level you are, a base F-22 needs more maneuverability than speed, but over all, go for armor parts/stealth equipments, it's a fighter and it's more exposed to enemy missiles.
When a standard missile can destroy a single MiG-29 WITHOUT any parts installed, than go 100% for special weapons parts, otherwise you can balance or focus just on standard missiles.
For a quick turn plane, USUALLY stall is not a big problem (unless you have a low level one), don't use the stability + as it increase the time for high G turns, the stall risk is minimum, plus it's a slot you can use for other parts.
You want a fast 360°, right?
Raise speed and mobility: accelleration, airbrakes and pitch parts + (don't know the exact name, but you should understand what I mean) you don't need to improve your yaw or roll.
And remember, those are personal suggestions so feel free to use your own tactics if you feel unconfortable! ;)

Ok tnx.

Still not got the aesthetic gift for SC: LS... (EDIT: Got it now)

Another thing, when we will know the release date of this new content?

Last edited:
I got all excited when I saw a gold box today, I waited with baited breath aaaannd....... 3 stocked fuels.:grumpy: I want the cash or the F-15 damn it!

I think yesterday I got 76k credits from one of those gold boxes.
For the 1.5m credits it has ended 3 days ago, we still got the chance to get 3 stocked fuels (like you) for other 2 days and the F-15 for other 10 days.

I FINALLY got an emergency air strike mission! We managed to S rank in a 6 player room with 20sec left, I scored 38k and despite having no fire extinguisher or upgraded defence panels I didn't get shot down once.:P I had forced sortie x3 on too, got $119k out of it.

I FINALLY got an emergency air strike mission! We managed to S rank in a 6 player room with 20sec left, I scored 38k and despite having no fire extinguisher or upgraded defence panels I didn't get shot down once.:P I had forced sortie x3 on too, got $119k out of it.

Congrats 👍. That must've been MVP with that $120k payout? Been trying to get that Hilde emblem on my Russian plane account (T-50, etc.) but no luck. I've had it drop on my "Allied" plane account three times now. Seems like the random number generator they use for drops isn't so random when it's a second sought after item that won't drop for one account but is plentiful for another.

Got all Soul Calibur Emblems but I would have stocked fuel instead :P
p.s. to anyone thinking about competing this tournament I highly discourage to do so.
I'm around 1400 with 45K points and 43 units of stocked fuel to use plus 3/4 supplied before the end.
To reach top 1'000 you need 54K points at the moment and I'm currently doing around 1000K pts / sortie.
I may be able to get 100K points but I'll need to burn all my fuel and of course, I always make sure to finish with 800/900 to ensure the plane, If I manage to finish around 950 I might think about buying some fuel for the very first time.

I miss Soul Edge emblem I think...
I was still 650th 2 ours ago, but I've exausted all fuel... I will have just, for the last hour of the event, 3 supplied fuel and 3 stocked, I will see if I'll have to use everything (supplied for sure, no reason to not use)...

Congrats 👍. That must've been MVP with that $120k payout? Been trying to get that Hilde emblem on my Russian plane account (T-50, etc.) but no luck. I've had it drop on my "Allied" plane account three times now. Seems like the random number generator they use for drops isn't so random when it's a second sought after item that won't drop for one account but is plentiful for another.

Not quite, 2nd highest score in the room, played on the winning team. The MVP bested me by 2000 points.

@LJP64: F-15 -Pixy- is ridiculously hard to get. I sortied religiously during the TDM tournament with supplied and challenge fuel and it only dropped on my F-22 account a couple of days ago. The sound played when it dropped was so sweet though. Almost like catching a legendary in Pokemon if you used to play that :lol:.

Ridiculously hard to get? Well like that damned Rafale then. Wich means everyone will get the F-15 Pixy and the Rafale Vent d'Ange, everyone but me. :banghead:
Well, I'll save my credits to upgrade my Sukhoi's...

An emergency sea strike popped out. I was happy to see one and... got disconnected from the host. :irked:

I got all excited when I saw a gold box today, I waited with baited breath aaaannd....... 3 stocked fuels.:grumpy: I want the cash or the F-15 damn it!
At least you got something...
I only get those crappy 1,200 cr. And yesterday I got an even better reward... 600 cr!! WTF? :eek:

I got F-15 -Pixy- right today :D Temporary on my "Fighter" slot, waiting the day I'll have F-22...

LJP64, I think I had Rafale M -VA- in my... 3rd co-op mission I did from when I installed? :D

The server speed seems to be really bad tonight, my internet speed tests normal but I'm flat out finding a room to connect to much less staying connected. Then when PSN dropped out mid-sortie I got the bad behaviour warning again.:grumpy:👎 Still no F-15 Pixie either.

At least you got something...
I only get those crappy 1,200 cr. And yesterday I got an even better reward... 600 cr!! WTF? :eek:

Yeah I get those vertiable treasure troves of 600 Cr. occasionally as well.

Prepare your shekels!

igcp_095_m1.png

This next tourney will be seal-clubbing galore comprising primarily of S/MTD's and Berkuts with LAGMS and UGBS.

It's for the top 1000 too. I may be prepared to put my honor aside to get this plane. "It's what [Bamco] wants..."

I will still not bother attempting a top 1000 (unless it was F-35 related), but I'd still have loved to get that Su-37, it will almost certainly be akin to the performance of a T-50 and F-22.

Back