Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
What's a Super Flanker UPEO? Never mind I found it

My workmate and I were talking about what they should add to the game next, and we strongly agree on two things, a Mig-31 and a YF-12. The most sensible set for a YF-12 would have to be ECM, HVAA and 4AAM (they had 4 missile bays, though one was filled with electronics in real life). A YF-12 would have to have mega speed but only Attacker-like mobility despite being a Fighter in the game. Makes sense to me!
I want!:drool:
YF-12A.jpg

Edit: Just for you @Flaren89 the jet is not only not a Super Flanker (it's a regular special edition Su-37), it's also only for the top 200. It's near identical to the Yellow 13, just slightly more mobility and slightly less stability (who cares in a Fighter?) and defence.
BTW, why is everything Bombers so expensive?:crazy: They're too slow and one dimensional to be that effective anyway. Just finished research on the level 1 MUGB and it's $670k!!! According to our Japanese friends at seesaawiki the level 5 upgrade is $8,947,950!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit 2: Level 5 upgrade on MSOD? $9,490,250 :crazy: :banghead: :crazy: !!!!
I know why modern bombers are almost rare than just WWII and WWI bombers because of produce and cost to fly or buy.

PERHAPS TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY TO SORTIE!
star-trek-worf-tv-show.jpg

I joined a 6 player room with about 3 other guys on a 2000 MR and for some reason two guys around 1600. First two sorties were at Alps Air Corridor, I MVP'ed both in my F-35 with scores in the high 60k's, and on the second one the Jolly Rogers dropped.:D
On the third sortie the mission was changed the B7R and my YF-23 got its first MVP (my first at B7R I think) with a score in the high 40k's. <- So proud.:embarrassed:
Research in to level 8 for the YF-23 is now at 90% and I can afford it as soon as it's done, and probably level 3 for HVAA around the same time.

Pretty "common" sorties today except one MVP in B7R, outscored all the guys in the room. I'm just dreaming about the Rena Hirose with 6AAMs...my B7R sorties will be illegal at this point...
Guess I'll aim to the top 200, it's so far the best plane with 6AAMs (not planning to upgrade my Typhoon further due to the massive costs.) plus top 1000 has the cool ouroboros logo and I should be able to get a good number of tickets and some of my special aircraft to level 9 just to have some spare credits and launch fast this new Su-37 once obtained.
@Louie_Schumii , dumb enough like me to try this top 200? :lol:

@Vitocorp it's tempting. The prize plane looks very pretty. Shame it doesn't have the coffin system (yet - this may be updated in the next maintenence).

@Paulie my 'gameplay' regimen for this game is awful haha. Have had two accounts since the first month of the game. Used at least 80% of the supplied fuel between then and now. I almost think of my days in blocks of 4, 8 or 12 hours thanks to the fuel system.

Once I get my hands on at least two more prize planes from the AC lore I'll probably hang up the virtual helmet and flight suit. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the Mobius tourney. Any bets on when this might be? inb4 can't retire from ACI thanks to Bamcos fuel system changing our daily routines :lol:.

Well I never used to play PS3 before work in the morning......thanks Ace Combat!:lol:

YF-23 made level 8 this morning as well.:)

B7R against 2 whales (butterfly master and Phoenix original emblem, MR higher than 2100):
3rd with very low difference in terms of points.
1st MVP
2nd MVP

So proud of my Delta winged thingy.
Now I'm MR 190X :sly:

@ibnumgt1
Since the game is full of idiots, and I'm still unsure about going for this tournament or not, I'll pass special raid missions, just because there's a high chance to get B or A rank, this means a penalty on the "standard" amount of ranking points i get. For now I'm sitting in the top 1000 with 3 supplied sortie. :lol:

@Vitocorp I'm fine with A or B ranks, as long as I get the payroll. ;)

You'll be pleased that the special raid 2 disconnect wasn't on a forced sortie period ;). Nice avatar btw. Interesting rendition of Zeroes final mission!

Not sure if I'll aim for at least top 3k for this tourney so that I can get the corporate emblems. Still on the hunt for the elusive level 4 raids and the corresponding payouts that you get with them. It will probably be dictated by how many ranking points I can get in 4, 6 or 8 player rooms and decide before forced sorties starts.[/USER]

So....is the level of special raid mission you get normally decided by average MR in the room?

Also, there are lots of new one-off challenges for Special Supply Tickets, and they all help @Vitocorp with his tournament as they force us in to terrible jets. I already did two of them (Use 4AGM on a Frogfoot to destroy 8 or more targets in a single sortie, and obtain a personal score of 30,000 in the Mirage 2000-5). Next challenge I do (tomorrow morning) will be to destroy 6 targets with UGB using an F-5E in a single sortie.
Luckily special aircraft can be used for all of these, I used the White Tiger for the Mirage challenge and I'll be using the Shin Kazama F-5E.
I wish I had the Saggitarius Mig-21, that thing is a HUGE upgrade over the regular Mig :lol:, and one of the challenges is to get a personal score of 30,000 in a Mig-21. It's a good job that challenge doesn't need to be in a single sortie, not sure if I could do it :nervous:. Meh, I'll do it during one of my morning sessions where I've already completed daily challenges the night before. I'll lose some cash but gain special tickets, I'm betting I'll need them for something I want one day.

x20 tickets:
1 needs you have at least a lv4 plane (RKTL, need lv4 A-10A, A-10A -GG-, AV-8B, AV-8B -KA- or lv7 F-2A, F-5E, F-5E -SK-), have to do 50x kills in multiple sessions with that weapon;
1 needs you to have a HPAA plane to do 50x kills in multiple sessions with that weapon;

x15 tickets:
2 which needs you to do 30k in multiple sessions with Mirage 2000-5 or Mig-21 bis

x10 tickets:
2 which needs you have a lv7 low tier plane (F-4E with UGB and Su-25TM with 4AGM), have to do 6-8 kills in a single session with that weapon.

It seems they got 48h cooldown, so repeatable.

@Paulie , those challenges will surely help me in some ways!
I just hope some whales are in vacantion this week and far from the PS3, the tournament ends on xmas eve!
I'll do those challenges once the tournament is over, unless there's something good in the next one :scared:
I just hope no Razgriz or Mobius...otherwise I will be "forced" to open my 🤬 wallet.
I do have a LVL 9 Pixy with HPAA and a decent Gripen C with RKTL but 6AAM typhoon in B7R is an almost guaranteed S rank so 1100/1200 ranking pts.
And yes, I'm mad enough to skip I and II raids due to the A rank risk!
The Mirage and Mig challenge are doable but still an issue in terms of ranking pts.
And I don't have an F4 with UGBs or a frogfoot with 4AGMs

The Frogfoot mission may be difficult due to the insane amount of LAGMTDs/Bombkuts being a d:censored: and stealing your kills. :grumpy:

S/MTD with LAGM and Berkut with UGB are almost expired from the game due to the nerf, at least in the 1.800-1.900 range. Now you have to be scared of pure rolers and F-15E SFFS.

There's a big amount of people aiming for those challenges, I see low tier planes everywhere, today I got more than 1300 ranking pts in B7R thanks to this.

GAH! I went for the Mig-21 challenge and came up 600pts short of doing it in one sortie.:banghead:
Thanks @Flaren89 for pointing out the challenges are repeatable, although it's kind of depressing I'll be doing lots of sorties in these terrible jets.:lol: I'm going to start the HPAA challenge (got to use my F-4E for it :crazy:), but I won't bother trying to get a jet to level 4 for the RKTL challenge.

So I got the Jolly Rodgers guys, how good do you think it would be? ;) You seem to really like it.
There's a good amount of tomcat fans here, the -JR- is actually the best F-14, slightly better than the Wardog as well!
Despite from level 7 to 10, air-to-air damage is still A...

For EU players, check PS Store, there is a new free download for the 2 milion download celebration of the game. It comes with 2 emblems and 2 nicknames.

GAH! I lost 5 fuel units to a power outage after a nasty storm we had yesterday.:banghead:

There's a good amount of tomcat fans here, the -JR- is actually the best F-14, slightly better than the Wardog as well!
Despite from level 7 to 10, air-to-air damage is still A...

Depends if you can afford level 15 on a standard F-14D.

Finally bought the F-15S/MTD after days and days of researching. :irked:

Now I only have 214K left, I'm broke. :lol:

I have less than $100k, and doing sorties in a Mig-21 for the challenge isn't helping.:lol:

I have less than $100k, and doing sorties in a Mig-21 for the challenge isn't helping.:lol:

How did you have less than 100k in the first place? And I only bought the F-15S/MTD to further the research towards the YF-23, that plane makes me drool. :drool:

>Gets SR4 in 8 player room.
>Starts setting up to record the mission.
>Host gets impatient.
>Receive message saying "Yo!"
>Kicked from room.
>top kek

Thank goodness it wasn't during forced sorties. @Vitocorp I hear you're going for Rena's Flanker. Lad! B7R 6AAM all day everyday :sly:.

Also, apparently:

84fYNrO.png

Last edited:
How did you have less than 100k in the first place? And I only bought the F-15S/MTD to further the research towards the YF-23, that plane makes me drool. :drool:

Umm, well......now that you mention it, I'm broke because I bought level 8 on the YF-23.:lol: Thinking about spending what little cash I have on level 3 HVAA for it, it'll make me flat broke but at least level 4 research on HVAA will start since special weapons take for ever and are always the last thing to research after jets and parts.

Edit: Also, I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but in my region at least the 2mil downloads reward is 3 stocked fuels and 100 special supply tickets.
@Louie_Schumii that sucks on SHR IV.:banghead:

Last edited:
@Louie_Schumii yep, gonna sortie in 4 player rooms B7R all the time!
This should be a good occasion to burn fuel, 2 mln drop, emblems, skins and sp planes, plus of course the tickets.
I'll take my definitive decision on Sunday, depending on how high is the top 200 spot

I've been feeling heaps of nostalgia for the F-111 lately, it's a shame Ace Combat never includes it (though it was in HAWX). If articles and videos I've been seing on it lately are accurate, it was the first military jet with afterburners, the first with variable sweeping wings and the first with ground detection radar allowing low flying in all weather. Not only that, it's still in the top 10 of fastest military aircraft of all time (top speed mach 2.5), and that includes experimental rocket powered craft that went over Mach 6.
There are 4-5 jets I think they really could/should include in this game:
Tornado GR-4
F-111
YF-12
Mig-31
Mig-35 (currently nearing production).

Add that to their fictional jets, and more bombers (XB-70 anyone?:drool:) and this game could easily rank as one of the best fighter jet games ever.

Back