Admin Tools For User Thread

• Thread starter Ram-Rod
  • 5 comments

Should we?

• Yes, I think we should be able to acess Admin tools in our own threads.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No, we should leave it up to the Staff.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I cannot decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
Texas
Hey, we all know that Regular, and Premium members alike cannot acess the Admin Tools. Well, I was scoping around my gallery when I wanted to delete something in it. But the admin tools read this, "Ram-Rod, you do not have acess to these tools. It may be that the Administrator has not activated your account yet. It could be that your user rank is not high enough to use them." Now, I know im not a staff member, and I and other users know we can't acess the tools. But what if we could in our own thread. Take the Photomode Cometitions Forum in the GT4 section for example. When the competition is over, the user that created the thread can lock his own thread. Or delete bad post in his thread. Like I could use it for my gallery. But if it is abused, the Moderator's can remove this feature. What do you think? Should we, or should we leave it as it is?

Ram-Rod
Hey, we all know that Regular, and Premium members alike cannot acess the Admin Tools. Well, I was scoping around my gallery when I wanted to delete something in it. But the admin tools read this, "Ram-Rod, you do not have acess to these tools. It may be that the Administrator has not activated your account yet. It could be that your user rank is not high enough to use them." Now, I know im not a staff member, and I and other users know we can't acess the tools. But what if we could in our own thread. Take the Photomode Cometitions Forum in the GT4 section for example. When the competition is over, the user that created the thread can lock his own thread. Or delete bad post in his thread. Like I could use it for my gallery. But if it is abused, the Moderator's can remove this feature. What do you think? Should we, or should we leave it as it is?
Well, Premium members are allowed to lock their own threads and move them around.

I think with deleting your own posts would be a nice idea, but it can be abused. Maybe if you've been here for 6 months and have 1000 posts you can use it. I dunno. :indiff:

Well, the admin tools only consist of thread options, rather than deleting posts (i think).

Like Duck said, premium members can already close our own threads, which many photomode competition organisers are using. As for deleting other people's posts, that's definately a no no. People could delete posts in their threads that aren't commenting positively on their topic, or their posts.

As they have said, Premium users can already close their own threads, and all users can move their own threads regardless of status. Post deletion will never be allowed because it could so easily be abused.

As they have said, Premium users can already close their own threads...

Will this option ever be returning for GT Planet Premium members?

Back