Ads on the home page as a Premium member?

• Thread starter Bo
  • 27 comments

Bo

Disturbing Member
Premium
United Kingdom
Liverpool
CARBOYXJR
Just here to say that as a premium member, shouldn't I be getting no ads?

upload_2014-6-15_12-47-28.png

@hsv - According to the bug log, that issue was fixed leading me to the next logical question - you were logged in at the time, correct?

I use this place for free (shhhh!) as I do a few other places (none so good, natch :D ) and find GTPlanet to be very good in comparison to other places.

The only malware warnings I had were a few months ago on a particular ad... I should point out that the same ad caused the same "issue" when it was delivered to me via other forums too. Updating my own anti-V software fixed the issue.

Audio adverts are annoying but if you open the Windows sound mixer and mute the browser channel (sometimes Flash too) then it stops those noisy ads sneaking up on you :)

Sometimes I've noticed that whilst I'm logged in on the forums I'm not on the news page, however if I load the forum page then switch back to the news page i'm logged in again. @hsv, are you definitely logged in on the news page? Can you comment on an article, etc?

Sorry to bump, but instead of it happening every few times I go onto the news page, i'm getting it every time now.

EDIT - No ads now... strange :odd:

Last edited:
Untitled-1.jpg

Just had a check myself and yes am getting them too intermittently?
Left time/date in bottom corner. Plus am logged in as well. And am on IE9.

Just to chip in on this, because I wondered the same. I too am getting advertisements on the home page while signed in and being a premium member!

Worked out what was wrong, it turns out that clicking onto the news section was logging me out of the site.

The fact that my post here was deleted begs the question: Is it really against the rules to post a link to a program that actually is free and 100% legal?

I am going to assume that you posted a link to AdBlock? While it may be free and legal, it deprives Jordan of ad revenue. The servers for this site aren't paid for with good will.

I am going to assume that you posted a link to AdBlock? While it may be free and legal, it deprives Jordan of ad revenue. The servers for this site aren't paid for with good will.
Correct. And sure, fair enough.

et_
The fact that my post here was deleted begs the question: Is it really against the rules to post a link to a program that actually is free and 100% legal?
My responce to your post got deleted also. I guess since yours got deleted mine would have looked like a ramdom post.

Anyways go premium. No ads and your helping the community. :cheers:

Ads.png

@Jordan
Just had a look at main news page to see if am missing anything and to have a little read and adverts again on there?
Using IE.

Same here using Chrome.

Not-so-subliminal-messaging says apparently I'm supposed to go shopping at Target. :lol:

I'm also experiencing this.

Windows 7 using Google Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131

Sorry guys, this should be resolved now.

Not at all, it didn't bother me in any way :) Just confirming another case of it occurring.

Does appear to be fixed for me.

Can we settle on 'buy Premium' if you can and move on?

That's great and all. However I checked twice. I'm signed in. In the news link I get this ad. Lifetime Premium Memember.

Details: using safari from iPhone 5
image.jpg

@Jordan Please fix this. Thanks in advance.

Confirmed fixed. Thank you for getting on top of that.

As for the ads, I get both sides of this coin. However with having the ability to remove them by getting a premium. It really only makes sense the user realizes that revenue will ensure GTP survives and thrives.

My only suggestion would be transparency on these things.

As the users are the reason GTP is what it is. It's them that you and all of us need to keep this going.

Basically when something changings. Make a post about it and that will ensure honesty and integrity.

When things sneak up on people they will lose trust and start questioning motives.

Surely all this you know. As with us users, the site, and you as an owner are were all growing.

Back