AI Cheating with tire wear

• Thread starter sam_i_am
  • 17 comments
Canada
Ontario
GTP_academic
With the new 10 lap seasonal events, I noticed that AI is cheating on tire wear. When tire gets worn to 0, it immediately jumps back to 1.

In a replay, you can see the tire wear indicator flickering between 0 and 1 as tire wears to 0 then immediately jumps back to 1, then wears to 0 again etc. Got a LOL out of me when I saw that.

With the new 10 lap seasonal events, I noticed that AI is cheating on tire wear. When tire gets worn to 0, it immediately jumps back to 1.

In a replay, you can see the tire wear indicator flickering between 0 and 1 as tire wears to 0 then immediately jumps back to 1, then wears to 0 again etc. Got a LOL out of me when I saw that.

I've seen that happen to my tires as well so it's just not limited to the AI.

the fast weather and fast tires is very unusual as some times you can keep the intermediates going indefinitely in 45%+ but they wear out in 2 laps on 0% even if there is visible puddles on track and spray coming off the back it still says 0% surface. :odd: Then when you switch to dry tires the puddles spin you or hydroplane you right out on the 0%. :lol: I guess they improved offline water but you cant see it, looks the same as online puddles that are apparently dry. Graphically a bit of a mess. The torrential 100% typhoon looks the same as the 0% when it just started raining. :odd:

Spectate someone running out of fuel in an online lobby, the tank doesn't say empty as far as I remember, and it definitely shows as much as someone else if you switch and switch back. This just sounds like a different version of the same thing.

Haha...There is a LOT of cheating going on and you only see some of it if you watch the replays. Case in point I have several video of me driving on Route X, both in Arcade and Career mode where I am in first place doing 10mph faster than the second place AI car yet it gains on me LOL...

In one replay I kept switching between my car and the AI car and our mph never changed. I was at 280mph in my Viper and the AI's Veyron was at 258mph in one of the races yet it gained on me. PD if you are going to do this nonsense at least let their MPH go up so you don't feel cheated lol. Usually in real life to pass a car or gain on a car you have to be going faster lol...

When I first saw this in the replay I figured it was a glitch. So I did it again and again with different cars in both Arcade and Career mode and the same thing happens. I have also been in second place doing 1 mph faster than the AI and it keeps pulling away from me lol...Real Driving Simulator HAHA.

I hope they remove this mess from GT7 if it ever comes out.

Last edited:
^ Can't like this enough ^

Unfortunately this has been hapening for a long time on other GT titles as well. Recently I've been playing GTPSP and I've noticed while racing on the Test Course that the AI does the same thing, even against other AIs.

Both examples were seen in the replays and all cars were aproaching the end of the strech going at max speed:

Ex1: AI vs AI - According to the HUD, a Subaru Impreza WRX Prototype was going at 171mph and a Mazda RX-7 was going at 167mph, but they were both clearly going at the same speed.

Ex2: I was using a Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG going at 206mph against the AI's Dodge Viper GTS R Concept which was going at 197mph, and somehow the Dodge was catching up to me. :irked:

Last edited:
Exactly Wankelhead. When I get a chance I'll probably start a new thread and upload the videos so as not to hijack this one...To see it is to laugh....

Could this be related to the fact that top speeds at Route X are known to be inflated? Because if only the displayed speed is off, and the cars were actually going at a different speed, that might explain some of the observed oddities.

Could this be related to the fact that top speeds at Route X are known to be inflated? Because if only the displayed speed is off, and the cars were actually going at a different speed, that might explain some of the observed oddities.
I've seen it happen on De La Sarthe in Arcade Mode races and in the Like the Wind event on Indianapolis.

Last edited:
You can try it with any car from slow to fast and you will see the same thing. At least in my testing. Also just take a spin on Route X and you will notice that you don't gain the seconds you think you should.

For instance I am going 280mph in my Viper and the second place AI Veyron is topped out at 258mph. We just got out the turn on Route X and are on the 7 mile straight with me having a 22mph lead yet I only pick up around 2 seconds on that Veyron after 7 miles of being 22mph faster than it? Obvious shenanigans going on with the AI programming.

I understand why this is happening after looking at the replays. The cars are going quite a bit faster than their speedometer is showing. I don't like that at all. This doesn't belong in a game that claims to be the ultimate driving simulator imho.

Most speeding laws have about a 10% tolerance to account for inaccurate speedo's. Also, having less tred on your will make your car think it's going quicker that it really is. A good GPS sat nav will be more accurate and show you how far out your speedometer is.

I hear what you are trying to say but I don't think that is what is happening here as you can't change a Veyrons wheels and there is no tire wear on etc. I had quite a few cars with speedo off from the factory even with everything stock in real life so yes it does happen in real life but I wasn't 10+ mph faster than the speedo limit.

I recall that when I was in my Veyron and I was doing the same 258 flat out I couldn't gain on or even pass a Huayra that is topping out in the 260+ range. So my Veyron is limited to 258mph as the speedo indicates but the computer AI version with the same stock ratings as my car can gain or maintain distance on my cars that top out in the 260-280's mph? Not unless something else is going on.

I appreciate the effort to come up with a plausible reason but I just don't see it. Its how they programmed it I guess to be competitive. Still makes no sense that in 7 miles at 280+ mph I can only gain about 2 - 3 secs on a car going 258mph or even assuming its going 10mph faster at 268mph. Sometimes you come up behind them going 20mph faster and you don't pass them with the swiftness 20mph faster should enable you to. That's one of the things that led me to really look at replays.

I haven't touched the game in quite a while so when I get a chance Ill re-watch the replays just to refresh my memory but these were my feeling after many many replay observations with different cars both fast and slow. I think its their way of making up for any player modded cars to make the game a bit more competitive. While we are at it why is any super car out cornering any of those LMP cars on Route X turns? Why are the LMP cars slowing down on Route X turns? There are lots of things really off in this game.

..........Tyre wear topic changing into wrong speed issue. Huh.
Back on topic, I experienced what the OP was on about with the new Daytona seasonal. The lead AI car pitted only once. ONLY O.N.C.E. I mean, REALLY???? Seriously??? ...............
smiley-angry019.gif

Back