AI slow down to let you win.

• Thread starter Alss
  • 427 comments
True and very frustrating if you prefer running lower pp. My personal fav zone is around the 500pp line. Means there are no races without the gimped AI in place. New seasonals are a good example. In The intermediate a-spec I didn't pay attention to the field and joined with my de tuned boss (to match GT specs) at 490pp. Halfway through the second lap I start pulling up on a freaking Zonda... And zip right past... On a straight. And it keeps happening and it keeps causing me to face palm.

True and very frustrating if you prefer running lower pp. My personal fav zone is around the 500pp line. Means there are no races without the gimped AI in place. New seasonals are a good example. In The intermediate a-spec I didn't pay attention to the field and joined with my de tuned boss (to match GT specs) at 490pp. Halfway through the second lap I start pulling up on a freaking Zonda... And zip right past... On a straight. And it keeps happening and it keeps causing me to face palm.
Are you running the update 1.09? Or 1.04?

Finally decided to see this for myself, it's very true indeed.

I was doing the Super GT championship (GT500) and my car of choice was the HSV. To make things more fun, I decided to run it on Sports Soft tyres. Now, throughout the races, I already noticed that the first 8 AI cars were on the same pace than me, often even making the gap from 1st become bigger, but on lap 3/4/5 they started to slow down a lot, allowing me to close the gap and win. On the last round at Nurburgring I checked the replay. My best time on my SS tyres was around 1:29'1. The lead car on RH and some others in the top 8 had done their best times that were faster than mine by about half a second. But around lap 3, they all decided to lap around 4 seconds slower, again giving me the win.

That's poor, especially now that I realize the AI isn't that slow on it's own, it's the rubberbanding that destroys most of the experience.

Back