Alert Error?

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 22 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Today I check the alert popup and the new ones got a strange color scheme. Instead of usual beige I got black with BLACK text, making it unreadable. Anyone experienced this?

Today I didn't get an alert when somebody quoted me. GTP also seems to be slow.

If they quoted you in an edit, you won'treceive an alert.

Site speed appears to be normal here.

TB
If they quoted you in an edit, you won'treceive an alert.

Site speed appears to be normal here.
No, a normal post were somebody quoted me. No edit of the post or my post what so ever.

GTP speed seems to be normal again. It was slower 30 minutes ago.

Can you provide a link to the post where you were quoted?

Edit: Thanks for the link, looks like your quote was edited into the post later, so you wouldn't have received an alert for it.

Last edited:
@Jordan I have several watched threads and plenty of threads by myself, and in the past month I've seen 0 alerts. Is there a way to fix this? I only check GTPlanet on WiFi unless I'm checking the news on LTE.

The threads are very much active by the way.

Have you been reading the threads? Because it will only send an alert for the first unread post, after that it won't send any more alerts until you read the thread again.

Hi @Jordan, I am not recieving any alerts about being tagged in messages. The most recent examples are this post and the one above by TurnLeft. I am not too concerned about it but it has been happening for at least a week now. Just to check I made sure that I was not watching the thread for that specific post so I would not get the normal alert.

With the post In question, you cannot see that there was an edit, because it was a ninja edit as some of us say.
That's understandable, but the question is asked so many times, it really should be in the FAQ. Some of the edits are obvious.

Wasn't saying you had a stupid question, or that you didn't need to ask it, I was just saying that the question is asked very often; therefore, it should be in the FAQ somewhere.

That is true, sometimes I have that question with other posts. Maybe it should read
If you were tagged in a post but did not get a notification about it, then you were added in an edit.

I took your point as if it pertained to the specific situation but I understand it better and for that part I wasn't being my smartest.

I have been missing very populated thread alerts over the last few days. I check the threads every time I get on, but it's getting annoying to have to go through the watched threads list. I was on this morning with 16 alerts and went through them all, even checking the list to make sure I didn't miss any. I just got on to 1 alert, then checked the watched list to find a full list of unread posts. I would like some help here.

I have been missing very populated thread alerts over the last few days. I check the threads every time I get on, but it's getting annoying to have to go through the watched threads list. I was on this morning with 16 alerts and went through them all, even checking the list to make sure I didn't miss any. I just got on to 1 alert, then checked the watched list to find a full list of unread posts. I would like some help here.
If you don't check those threads, the alert(s) disappears into an old section, and you won't receive alerts for it. I guess you could say that thread disappears from your view (alert-wise) until you check it.

If you don't check those threads, the alert(s) disappears into an old section, and you won't receive alerts for it. I guess you could say that thread disappears from your view (alert-wise) until you check it.
I check these threads daily even if there are no alerts for them. That is why I am trying to find out what is going on. Thank you for your response though.

Sorry for the double post but, @Jordan I just checked all my watched threads this morning. I just now got on to 3 alerts and 12 unread watched threads. Like I said I checked these threads this morning and read the posts. Please help me.

I'm still not sure there is a problem; thread alerts appear to be working as expected for me. Here's one way you can verify what's going on:
  1. Go to your Watched Threads page, but don't open any of them yet.
  2. In another new tab or window, open your Alerts page.
  3. On the Alerts page, find the most recent alert for the most recently watched thread and note which user triggered the alert for you.
  4. Click on that thread from the Watched Threads page; it should take you to the first unread post, which should be made by the same user that was mentioned in the alert.
  5. Repeat this for each unread watched thread, to see if you can find any discrepancies.

Back