Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to solo the kids on Tuesday, so it was always a stretch to make it in on time. If you look at my Capp finishes on Tuesdays I always do terribly. Fridays I get chance to practice and stuff.

If it was Tuesdays only, I'd still show up when I could and I'll run Alfas or Capps on Fridays. I just wanna race :)

I'll work with Owens and we'll get something figured out for Friday. I'd like to have Friday racing still too. 👍

I am a Friday race guy too if that helps sway any decisions. I like the Alfa, but am still partial to the Capp. Not sure we want 2 championships at once though. There has been talk of "Fun Fridays" with different themes and cars...I am still game for that too.

TrackBound7
I am a Friday race guy too if that helps sway any decisions. I like the Alfa, but am still partial to the Capp. Not sure we want 2 championships at once though. There has been talk of "Fun Fridays" with different themes and cars...I am still game for that too.

I actually prefer the Alfa too. However some expressed they was wanting to run Capps so I would race them if the majority ruled.

Thinking we could include the Friday in the Alfa series and call it good. Simple and fun.

yo yo yo, I opened up the ORCA spot race room, Im planning on running alfas in a 5 lap shootout at random tracks. But if people want to run something else we can do that too, if people want to run more or less laps we can also do that. byob and smoke up johnny

FYI, I was playing with some paint schemes for my Alfa. Ended up with a medium metallic blue for the body, but the wheels, I changed to the BBS style and painted them silver chrome. With the reflections the wheels look a bit more like the vintage wire wheels/bicycle wheels. They look very attractive on what I consider to be one of the prettiest cars in the game.

I just signed up... My color scheme is Green/Yellow. I didn't realize that Brandon's colors were Green/Gold. Please advise if mine is too close and needs to change.

I've got a new shipment of elves in so the drivers list should auto-update every hour now.

I've put Friday back on the schedule, 10pm EST as usual. I sometimes feel I spend too much of my time doing this, but honestly there are very few things I'd rather do than race with this group. 👍 We'll just stick with the Alfa, too complicated to run separate championship. We do have the ORCA_CappCup lounge though and it will be used for Capp events on non-Alfa nights.

I just signed up... My color scheme is Green/Yellow. I didn't realize that Brandon's colors were Green/Gold. Please advise if mine is too close and needs to change.

No worries mate, I'm already planning on changing my colors but ran into a glitch. It appears you can only paint your Alfa once, you can paint it again and it will show properly in the list but once you go on track it reverts back to the previous color scheme. My Alfa shows as matte black with wire rims in the list but is always green/gold when I go on track. I'm cycling a '65 ticket to get a new one and repaint it. So fair warning, make sure you like your colors!

I've got a new shipment of elves in so the drivers list should auto-update every hour now.

Give your elves an extra batch of cookies for their good work. Mr. Rdvark has employed some Internet blackmagic to make our drivers list auto-update every hour and you'll also note it populates the "standings" graphic. He has also made it so that once we update the spreadsheet with the race results both the standings graphic and race results graphic will automatically update. All of the stewards will be able to update the spreadsheet which should allow us to stay up to date. Rdvark is several hours ahead of us and a bit of a stat junkie so most results will probably be updated within 6-12 hours after each race. 👍

I've put Friday back on the schedule, 10pm EST as usual. I sometimes feel I spend too much of my time doing this, but honestly there are very few things I'd rather do than race with this group. 👍 We'll just stick with the Alfa, too complicated to run separate championship. We do have the ORCA_CappCup lounge though and it will be used for Capp events on non-Alfa nights.

Bear in mind that with the new lounge system, anyone can host. We just need one steward there to ensure the circuit settings are correct and to oversee proceedings.

Brandon, your paint situation makes no sense. I had mine painted yellow the other day and ran it with you guys. Painted it blue last night and and ran it by myself a bit. Did you do anything like backing up your save and then reload it? I know sometimes if I saved my game, then painted a car, but didnt like it or did a trade, then reload my game, that the garage pic would show the new paint that I didn't want, but when I go into the car itself it shows up correct.

^ No, it's screwy. I painted it over a week ago and it turns green on track no matter if I've reloaded from a save or not. I've tried everything, it's always green when I drive it. This was a bug before Spec 2 that always kept the stock color when you were on track, thought they had fixed it but I guess they only partially fixed it.

RDAardvark
Bear in mind that with the new lounge system, anyone can host. We just need one steward there to ensure the circuit settings are correct and to oversee proceedings.

We will soon have a thread in the Clubs sub-forum that will be the home for our other lounges and I'll provide all the settings that should be used for the lounges. Since anyone can change the settings in a lounge, if someone finds the settings aren't correct they can fix them. As long as tire/fuel wear is on and grip is set to real then everything should be fine. I usually use weak slipstream but that wont be a requirement for spot races. Probably not a bad idea to have a steward check in every once in a while if they are available, but not necessary all the time. 👍

Where do I sign up to get added to the list, I seem to be missing the link

There's a link on the original post, just under the montage of six pictures. It's got a chequered flag background and says 'Click here to register' on it.

RDvark has kindly added the Friday race to the registration form so if those who are looking to race primarily on Friday wouldn't mind re-registering it would help us keep the records accurate. 👍 Sorry for the inconvenience.

Menown
lol I ignored those as they used to be links to videos and stuff. My bad

You'll find that clicking on most of the images in the first post will take you to some fun places. :)

The incorporation of the technological wizardry by Aardvark and Brandon has once again elevated this series and organization to an even higher peak within the GTPLanet Racing Series forum. I feel privileged to be a part of this fine organization.

If other Race Directors are smart they'll be duplicating this format and layout with all the whizbang technical stuff so they can try and play catch-up before we jump even one level higher with the next race series!! Great job fellas!!!

I have painted my Alfa twice Brandon, with no problems. I was gold, now I'm purple. I see it as purple and I'm assuming you guys see it as purple too. And no, I'm not so colour blind I can't see the difference between purple and gold!! :crazy:

Johnnypenso
....., so they can try and play catch-up before we jump even one level higher with the next race series!!

That may already be in the works. It's way too early to give any details now but in a couple weeks I should have something very exciting to report on. :)

That may already be in the works. It's way too early to give any details now but in a couple weeks I should have something very exciting to report on. :)

If it's the $20Million Ferrari let me know and I'll start grinding...lol..:sly:

^ Not likely, no worries. Lol

I'm not going to be around for racing at our normal time today, it's Mom's bday so I'll be having lunch with the Fam. But if RDvark or anyone else wants to open up the ORCA_Champ lounge for some Alfa practice you're more than welcome. RDvark and JohnnyP can log-in to accept friend requests if you're not already on "the list". I should be around this evening though if anyone's interested in some Saturday Night Racing. :)

I've been checking out the registrations so far and was quite impressed by the number of people who say they will run in the Tuesday Euro race (9pm GMT). But won't you guys be at work/school/college at that time?

Can you all check the table below please? If the details are wrong, please just register again or PM me.

CurrentDrivers.png

I'm interested, though I don't think I've raced with anybody in this series before. Love the car, the lack of tuning and the short season. I'm assuming slipstream strength will be weak? I'll sign up when I acquire the car.

^ Yes, slipstream will be on weak, tire/fuel wear will be on and track grip will be real. I'll get all that added to the OP, still a bit of a work in progress. So far this car, with this group, has produced some very exciting racing so it should be a fun season! I look forward to meeting you on track. 👍

Edit: OP has been updated with additional info regarding the race settings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back