• Thread starter Ellis
  • 142 comments

Ellis

THE Nutter
Premium
England
Morecambe, Lanc
ellisnutt
A new game created by Creative Assembly and published by Sega. Planned to be released for Christmas 2014, I hope this game is nothing like Colonial Marines. A survival horror in which you play as Amanda Ripley in search for her mother. Instead of loading a pulse rifle you will have to avoid the 1 alien in the game. Contact with the beast is almost certain death.

The snippets of this game look promising but sadly, this all feels too familiar! Different developers though with a different concept so fingers crossed.

Debut Trailer

IGN hands on analysis

IGN uncut gameplay with commentary

This from the website as a low down about the game (28/02/2014 updated)

Still wondering what Alien: Isolation is all about? Asking who Amanda Ripley is? Wanting a bit more information about Sevastopol? Ponder no more. Here’s our round up of the game, in five key points.
ONE – WHEN:

Alien: Isolation takes place fifteen years after the original events of Alien™. The Nostromo has self-destructed and Ellen Ripley is in hyper sleep and lost in space, having defeated the Xenomorph.
Weyland-Yutani believes the disappearance of the Nostromo is a fatally tragic accident and nothing more is heard from the ship or her passengers. However, shortly before its destruction, the Nostromo’s Black Box flight recorder is ejected. Fifteen years later it is found and brought to Sevastopol, a remote trading station.
TWO – WHO:

You play as Amanda Ripley, Ellen Ripley’s daughter. Having grown up without getting to know Ellen, Amanda has always always wondered what happened to her mother.
Now working for Weyland-Yutani, she’s informed by the company that the Nostromo’s flight recorder has been recovered.
Along with Samuels and Taylor – also Weyland-Yutani employees –she journeys on the courier ship, Torrens to Sevastopol to collect the flight recorder. Her hope is that she can finally unlock the secret of her mother’s disappearance.
THREE – WHERE:
AI_ENVIRONMENT_WALLPAPER_1920x1200-1024x640.jpg

The game is set on Sevastopol, a decommissioned trading station on the fringes of space. On board is the Nostromo flight recorder that Amanda and the crew have been sent to retrieve.
Previously a station designed to be a thriving community and home hundreds of people, Sevastopol has now been withdrawn from active service. It’s on complete lock-down, with its remaining inhabitants in fear for their lives.
Closed to all vessels and outside communication, this giant station is where the events of the game – and Amanda’s journey – will play out.
FOUR – WHAT AND WHY:

In the depths of the Sevastopol is a terrifying, powerful and unstoppable force that you, as Amanda, will have to face and ultimately survive.
The Alien is 9ft – 3 metres – tall, powerful and extremely unpredictable. It’s always hunting, always watching, waiting and listening for your presence. The fear of the Alien is ever-present, a danger that could be around any corner.
You are definitely the one being hunted and your first wrong move may well be your last.
FIVE – HOW:

Amanda is underpowered and underprepared; an ordinary person in an extraordinary situation. You’ll have to scavenge resources and craft items to help with what’s to come.
Survival is the name of the game and utilising the environment and using your wits will be essential. You will have to adapt to every situation and make use of what is left on the station not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.
Knowing all of this, start asking yourself… how will you survive?

Creating the Alien trailer. That intro looks terrifying

Creating the Cast trailer. Here we first get to see facial animations

Last edited:
The are is some Ign, wich looks very awesome. It made me go and watch Alien once more.

But I was also stoked for CM. Let's hope it will deliver. I mean an Alien game without weapons! That is the best concept ever!

The are is some Ign, wich looks very awesome. It made me go and watch Alien once more.

But I was also stoked for CM. Let's hope it will deliver. I mean an Alien game without weapons! That is the best concept ever!
Was that the ign video with the analysis? I will post that in the OP if you want. That was a really good video. but they too could not shake the Colonial marine shaped elephant in the corner. Even though it is a different developer people cannot forget what a shambles that game was!

Yes it was the one wiht two guys talking about it. The video was about 26 minutes long. But the bits of gameplay looked awesome.

They even had the soundtrack of the original movie! Albeit a different, non used, version. And the ship makes little sounds sometimes, as if it was a living thing!

Yes it was the one wiht two guys talking about it. The video was about 26 minutes long. But the bits of gameplay looked awesome.

They even had the soundtrack of the original movie! Albeit a different, non used, version. And the ship makes little sounds sometimes, as if it was a living thing!
If they pull the game off it will be an excellent game!

I feel the next trailer would be crucial to see how this game will pan out

So I am the only person who really enjoyed Colonial Marine's ?

No,I like it too.:)
I'm trying to complete it on ultimate badass difficulty and find it really challenging.
I'm getting into the multiplayer too.
ACM I think was underrated.4.5 from ign!
So far I give it an 7.
Back to alien isolation-trailer looks promising but the lack of multiplayer and an short campaign,may not be enough.
BTW,feel free to send a friend request if you wanna play ACM on PS3.:)

I hated colonial marines. I sent it back to Amazon with an angry message

Very promising. They are hitting all the correct buttons, with me.
-Based on Alien, not Aliens.
-1 alien threat.
-You are not armed to the teeth.
-Horror is the focus.
-Retro/Future Scifi aka Lo-fi.

They seem to get it. The footage is incredible, aswell. Those grafx, bruh.

As long as there's not too many bullet time/ push x square triangle circle to get to next cutscene, I'm all in for sneaking past that bugger :D

Just dug up this trailer from IGN, shows uncut gameplay with commentary over the top. It is nothing overly new but still worth a good watch to see elements of the game.

(will place in OP)

OP updated with new video. I looks awful promising this game! I think this is the last chance of a good Alien game after the disappointment of the last one, as me and @V8-Johnboy found out

Back