All-Corvette Suzuka Comparison!

United States
NJ
Rave2Grave
No oil change. Sport Hard tires. No mods, no tuning.

2:10.805 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
2:14.801 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
2:16.699 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
2:18.254 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
2:18.371 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
2:23.362 - Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96
2:24.125 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90
2:26.043 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69
2:26.797 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
2:32.055 - Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
2:45.824 - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'll leave this one here...it was near-perfect until the final chicane where I braked slightly late coming into it but did a good job saving it. It's maybe a 2:15 car, which is pretty close to a C6 Z06, but not quite.

Last edited:
The ZR-1 C6 is a beast. Doesn't need much to beat any super car, plus it is much more fun to drive. That, along with the Viper ACR are among my top three fastest street cars, together with the McLaren F1; all stock engine. Best "street" cars in the game in my humble opinion.

And it's no surprise the GS is fastest than the ZR-1 C4. For some reason I've never liked the old ZR-1. Feels like it's lacking low end torque and it has way too much understeer. The GS C4 with less power and a more generic engine feels much better.

I wonder if the C7's top speed is still broken and if it has an impact in this test.

The McLaren F1 and MP4-12C, Lamborghini Aventador, and KTM X-Bow R, are the only street cars that are faster than the ZR1 at Suzuka. I have not tested the Huayra yet, so that might be faster as well.

I'm excited for the 2016 Corvette Z06. I wouldn't be surprised if it's as quick or quicker than the ZR1! I hope PD is planning to put that one in GT7...

Last edited:
And it's no surprise the GS is fastest than the ZR-1 C4. For some reason I've never liked the old ZR-1. Feels like it's lacking low end torque and it has way too much understeer. The GS C4 with less power and a more generic engine feels much better.
It's incredible considering the Grand Sport was essentially a stock Z51 model with an LT4 motor and 6 speed, without any suspension upgrades compared to the base Z51. The ZR1 was built for the track and the motor was a lotus-built monster at around 400 horsepower in '93, but for whatever reason PD settled for the earlier '90 model instead. That's basically like finding out the base model C6 was faster than the Z06 or ZR1.

I see one problem with these comparisons... its the power differences. Obviously the ZR1 will be the fastest as it has clearly the most power of all.

Maybe if sector times were added we could see which parts of the track each car made up its time.

That's what the replays are for, and why I kept all the instrumentation visible. If someone wanted to put all the videos side by side and play them all at the same time, the differences would become apparent.

How about creating a master thread and then just updating the title of the thread to highlight the most recent body of work? It would make more sense to have all this data collated in one thread, rather than scattered across the forum don't you think?

Good idea, Johnny. I'll make a thread called "SuzukaStar's Stock Car Reviews and Comparisons" or something to that effect for my next post...I want to do both actual reviews for certain cars like the Shelby Cobra I posted an hour ago, as well as the comparisons you're used to seeing from me.

I mean it would be a more interesting comparison if all had the same power, to see which one handles better on corners.
Then make sure they have exact same torque and powerband... it doesn't really work like that. It is a common mistake and easy to understand why anybody would think what you said.

All cars differ in in the smallest degree that make a large difference. Transmissions are a big one.

@SuzukaStar So, when you do these comparison tests, are you saying you leave the cars 100% stock? No suspension or ride height adjustments? No LSD changes? No brake balance changes?

I've made this comment in another one of your threads, but I've got to say it again: watching you fly around Suzuka is awesome. I struggle with that course so much. You handle that track superbly!

Thanks @ALB123 that really means a lot! I definitely leave all the cars 100% stock. The only thing I do is put on Sport Hard tires if the car doesn't come with them from the dealership. I also limit the power if the garage horsepower is more than the horsepower stated in the dealership.

Thanks @ALB123 that really means a lot! I definitely leave all the cars 100% stock. The only thing I do is put on Sport Hard tires if the car doesn't come with them from the dealership. I also limit the power if the garage horsepower is more than the horsepower stated in the dealership.

My pleasure. It'd so nice to find such a big community (GTPlanet) with so many talented people, whether it be tuning, racing, drifting, etc. and it turns out that those same people are actually really nice and helpful and willing to share knowledge and help n00bs (like me) improve.

Now that you mention it, I could have sworn that a couple of my cars had more horsepower when I went into Car Settings immediately after buying it. I thought I was just confused on the stated horsepower in the dealership. I wonder why the heck that happens. On a somewhat related note, I can't stand when cars have "---" where the horsepower, torque and weight should be.

I do a similar thing with my stock cars, aside from oil change as well. So what would you do with a 25th Anni Countach which, like the 5000QV, had more power than its rating? Lambo said it made 449BHP, which is less than it actually made, so that they could increase it if Ferrari's Testarossa was anything impressive. One Ferrari with 394BHP later, Lambo left their power rating at 449BHP, when most of them made 470BHP and in rare cases 500BHP.

I do a similar thing with my stock cars, aside from oil change as well. So what would you do with a 25th Anni Countach which, like the 5000QV, had more power than its rating? Lambo said it made 449BHP, which is less than it actually made, so that they could increase it if Ferrari's Testarossa was anything impressive. One Ferrari with 394BHP later, Lambo left their power rating at 449BHP, when most of them made 470BHP and in rare cases 500BHP.

When I tested the 25th Anni Countach, I limited power to 99.9% to get the 448 hp. I tested the LP400 '74 last night and that car is actually faster, and more fun to drive.

Back