All your DLC questions answered here!

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 409 comments
Can i share the DLC cars? i mind, with my friends who dont have the DLC.

No. Its the same as the Stealth, Chromeline and Edge DLC, your friends can't borrow the cars. đź‘Ť

I logged into PSN this morning looking for the DLC, and could not find it in the Playstation Store =( Is it still scheduled for release today?

Yes it is.

Is the gear, the same 2.0 gear I collected, or is there more than that?

You get Skully Simpson helmets in DLC and seasonals for example. The only new suits are the Alpinestars, Stig Helmet, GT Helmet, WRC Drivers and NASCAR. (There are a few missing)

First post here! (but no time for proper introduction).
Didn't know exactly where to post this and was about to start a new thread, but perhaps someone can help me here.
I have a question regarding these DLC. My situation is as follows:

I live in Argentina, but due to lack of local PSN/STORE support from Sony I use a USA account. So far I've had no problem with other DLC in other games because the discs which are imported into the country are northamerican editions. But I'm a bit stuck with my GT5 edition, coz I brought it from England so I cannot use the american STORE to buy DLC for the game (at least currently). Now I'm thinking of creating a UK PSN account and waiting for the december update so I can buy the english DLC and use it in my main (american) account.
But as some of you may have experienced, you need a fake address if you're gonna create a foreign account, and once you've gone through that you have to use STORE CARDS coz when you try using your credit card the system checks the address with VISA (or whatever) and finds there's no match with your PSN address so your transaction is cancelled. So far that is my case with the US PSN, and US STORE CARDS are sold in game shops here.
I don't know if I'm aiming at the right solution for my problem. With UK STORE I wouldn't know where to get a UK STORE CARD, or what method to use to finally get DLC into my English GT5. It's basically a region-locked content issue :(

ANY help is very much appreciated!

And forgive the long post! Please tell me if I should start a new thread instead

Hi... before the PS STORE was available here in Brazil I did this as well, and still now do sometimes, since I also have european games and some DLCs are not available in BR PS STORE.

You really cant use credit cards for your UK/European account. But you can buy PSN CARDS. I get them from shopto.net (e-mails you instantly and offers a 8% discount).
http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO GAM...Station Network Card 25 PSN Instant code.html

Thanks to Mike240SX, Coxis, LightningRedSTI and RodrigoDLL!! Nice and fast feedback! amazing forum! XD

yeah I'll search for UK psn cards through the internets.. will wait for december though, to see if the update is real and actually useful. Shame.. i was really looking forward to giving away my money for DLC, and Sony/PD is going against it :S

Last edited:
If I don't buy the Track pack, can I race on someone else's online?
Yes, as long as the room owner has the Track pack installed and they have selected it, everybody online can access it, regardless if they purchased it too or not.

It is slightly more complex than that, the room host needs to have it to select it from their track list if they are choosing the track. However, if the room host puts track choice to a vote any room participants that have the DLC can vote for the track and if that is the most popular choice then Spa will load and can be used by all.

Obviously with a rigged vote (no-one but the DLC owner voting) this means as long as one person in the room has the track the whole room can race on it.

đź‘Ť

The man has spoken:

@Kaz_Yamauchi
Thanks for waiting. The DLC in North America is about to start. It will begin from 14:00 PST.

Im gonna be in classes all day. am I able to buy it online or only in the PSN store on the ps3? I am going to get the whole pack and would love for it to start downloading when I get home.

Im gonna be in classes all day. am I able to buy it online or only in the PSN store on the ps3? I am going to get the whole pack and would love for it to start downloading when I get home.

No downloading required mate, just buy from the store to acquire an unlock of the content within the game. Once purchased from the store, use the little DLC icon on the GT Home main screen and install the content.

Very quick, very easy - the only pain is accepting all 15 gift tickets for the awesome new cars.

I just dotn see the point in buying the DLC...this is from someone who already has lol

It seems very unfair to me as you can race the two tracks online (race or free run). Yes the cars are cool but GT5 has TONS of cool cars, and they are all very similar to cars already in the game. The outfits....rarely see your avatar wearing them and paint chips...we all have (poss only worth gettign the chromes).

Yes you can race the tracks in arcade but with the GT5 AI im not sold on it. I wish I knew this before I bought it as soooo many rooms online host Spa. I just doesnt seem fair, why are folks who dont buy the DLC having acess to it?????

La Gargola I heard they will sort this before xmas so that you can then buy your DLC cars from dealerships. doesnt answer your Q directly but may help

I have a uk copy of gt5 and my account on psn is from Portugal.
My question is: i can buy DLC in Portugal PSN using a uk copy of gt5?

Sorry by my english ;-)

PS.: I´m from Brazil

Anyone know if you can use DLC on multiple machines with the same account? I know with a PSN version of prologue purchased from the PSN store I could only bring it to a new machine a limited # of times even though I'm always using the same PSN account, and now I basically can't use my PSN purchased version of prologue because of that limitation. In this way a PSN version of a game was very much not equal (an very inferior) to owning the actual disk. It would be cool if you could buy this new content pack on disk so you actually owned it.

Its going to be on psn store for north america at 2pm pacific time, so thats 5pm for Eastern time, does that help? also it will be in game i dont think its a store update... click on DLC in game and at 2pm there will be update for dlc.

also it will be in game i dont think its a store update... click on DLC in game and at 2pm there will be update for dlc.

From Gran Turismo.com:

Downloadable Content
Connect to the PlayStation® Store from the XMB (Cross media bar) of the PlayStation 3, and select the DLC (paid downloadable content) for GT5. You can pick and choose which DLC items you want, or purchase a bundle that contains everything for a special discounted price.

I'm guessing that it is loaded to the game from the before mentioned DLC button in game.

ok I purchased the complete pack 11.99
Received the free car and theme.
-When i go to the main page and click on download content and says not purchased!??? What did i do wrong??

Back