All your DLC questions answered here!

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 409 comments
Easy as Pie.
Went to the PS store, add-ons, purchased complete package, we in the USA receive a free honda stealth. Down load time took apx 1 min for both.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART

Open your GT5 game as you usually do, on the right of the screen after the game loads you will notice a button. DLC BUTTON
click the DLC button and install.

Took longer to install all the cars (have to install one at a time)then it did to buy and down load.

Does anyone have stats for the cars once they've been fully tuned? Or am I the only person who'd consider doing that?

The only cars I looked at already had all the parts installed, I think. Oil change would bring them up a bit but I just assumed they were fully "kitted out".

Since the DLC has no date to launch at brazilian PS Store, I'll get it from my US account and wait for December update, but I have a question: my game is from US also but my PS3 is asian. Will it work? This may look obvious but some comments on this forum got me worried...

Question. I just want a clearer answer.

I use an UK PSN account.

And I have GT5 with this code BCES00569/S (it was bought here in Europe. It has Scandinavian text on the back)

Will DLC work for this game?

EDIT: everything works.

Last edited:
US disc, US ps3. My main GT5 account is Chilean, which doesn't have PSN store support but is still in the same region, and I bought the dlc using my secondary US account.

- Will dlc work in my main account with the december update?
- Does that consider paints and gear as well?
Kaz's twit wasn't clear about that, and actually I haven't downloaded the dlc on my US account because of this.

PD should be crystal clear regarding the issue, or at least inform the way the december update will work.
- If it consists of a free new dlc package downloadable from the psn store, it won't work in my case and for people in countries/accounts without psn store support.
- On the other hand, it'll work if the update somehow just fixes the issue and allows all in-game GT5 accounts to download the content bought using other PSN accounts.

Last edited:
Just a hypothetical question, what happens if I lost my GT5 savegame? Do I lose all my DLC or can I claim it again through the DLC section ingame like I did the first time I claimed for it? Thank you.

It won't work, but just wait until the DLC will be made available across all accounts, then make US account, download it on there, and bingo, it will be on your GT5 account. (hope that made sense:nervous:)

Made absolute sense! Thanks Matt!

Just a hypothetical question, what happens if I lost my GT5 savegame? Do I lose all my DLC or can I claim it again through the DLC section ingame like I did the first time I claimed for it? Thank you.

Just guessing, but you probably wont be able to reclaim it from the downloadable content section if you lose your savegame. Because the actual DLC is actually in the installed gamed data, it might still be there if you lose your game save but not the GT5 patch content sitting on your HDD.

Even more reason to back it up ;).

The only cars I looked at already had all the parts installed, I think. Oil change would bring them up a bit but I just assumed they were fully "kitted out".

So no extra tuning parts like the RM cars? Drat. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Has anyone else noticed they gimped the power on the original PDI Racing Kart 100? It used to be 33 HP after oil change and now it is 22 HP, same as the DLC Racing Kart 100. I'm not really complaining; 33 HP is close to what an ICC engine (125cc) puts out, so 22 HP for a 100cc is more realistic.

I did, however, notice that the original PDI Racing Kart 100 seems to handle MUCH better than the DLC karts, even with the 2.01 steering update.

I hope they can change the way things get installed via dlc and cars in the game. Opening up 30 cars from the white truck, and getting them into my garage took a very long and fustrating time.

Yeah its worth it if you want to look at the cars one by one, but if your like me, and you were short on time, then having a feature allowing all the cars to be selected would of been a god send.

AA

If i deleted the game data out of the "game data utillity" folder on the XMB would my DLC be there when i reinstall it?

If i deleted the game data out of the "game data utillity" folder on the XMB would my DLC be there when i reinstall it?
If you're using the same savegame: yes, no action required, it will simply be there (did this myself). If you create a new savegame you will probably have go to the 'install DLC' screen in GT5 and reinstall the packs that you have (would have to test this though).

So I have the DLC but for some reason online I cant choose kart space as my track. It isnt even on my list. I can see and choose spa but i cant find kart space

Once I use a paint chip, is it gone?
Yes, you only have one chip for each colour. Paint chips cannot be duplicated in the normal fashion.

So is there any other way... painting and gifting will make the chip available to the receiver?

--- Nice 3d---

I was just wondering if it's possible to access this content through normal gameplay, or if you HAVE to buy the pack to access it?

I have no problem buying it but, if I can access it anyway but just have to wait and play for it, I'm not bothered paying £10 to have it as soon as possible!

Sorry if is already been asked, i bought the complete pack and race with every new car, now, suposse i want all the new cars zeros (no mileage), can i bought the car pack alone over the complete pack and have dupes of the new cars? i hope i was clear.

edit: thanks Jason:tup:

Last edited:
Sorry if is already been asked, i bought the complete pack and race with every new car, now, suposse i want all the new cars zeros (no mileage), can i bought the car pack alone over the complete pack and have dupes of the new cars? i hope i was clear.

Yes, you can buy as many car, paint, and gear packs as you wish.

New PSN T&C mean if you have more than 2 PS3s for a house hold to use.
You will need to re buy the December GT5 Multi user pass on an other account to use the DLC on 3 or more PS3s at the same time.
The multi user pass will be only valid for 2 PS3s at a time per PSN ID.

1-2 PS3 per house hold = 1 account = 1 purchases
3-4 PS3 per house hold = 2 accounts = 2 purchases.

..................................................................................

i just bought the complete pack and NADA! it doesn't come out on the DLC!!!!!!!! I have a US account but I live in the Philippines, I have a region 3 game. WTF??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want my money back! any of you guys have resolved this issue already?

Back