Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
People just have find anything to speculate until march, arent we?
No. There is genuinely a cause for the discussion on what the track could be. While I highly doubt it's a new track, it's still worth the discussion.

And since we don't hear anything from PD, we just do the looking into things to find out what we may get.

iTqwLk7wDFMaP.jpg

On this shot you can see that there are concrete barriers near the edge of the track. I think it was similar in one of course creator in GT5 but I'm not sure about that.
Also it clearly is something unfinished as you can see artifacts when camera goes low.

No. There is genuinely a cause for the discussion on what the track could be. While I highly doubt it's a new track, it's still worth the discussion
Worth a discussion, yes.

But let's not forget this is a VGT thread, and that new track speculation could clearly have its own thread so...

After watching the video few times I don't think the footage is from GT the wheel spinning is different from GT6 maybe a made up video by Alpine themselves

So, could we say that Alpine outsourced a prototype of Gran Turismo, to use for the promoting of their own car?
No, I meant that the combination of render features enabled in that shot are part of a prototype PD are working on, possibly intended for later inclusion in the game itself. (Is but one interpretation).

It's common to disable certain things that conflict with a new feature (prototype) until you can get them to play nicely together.

Just speculation, but the graphical glitches (in geometry no less) do support that theory. It's a geometry issue that needs solving for course maker rendering to work properly.

Why is it in the video? PD have a track record of teasing us... And we did notice it was out of place.

No, I meant that the combination of render features enabled in that shot are part of a prototype PD are working on, possibly intended for later inclusion in the game itself. (Is but one interpretation).

It's common to disable certain things that conflict with a new feature (prototype) until you can get them to play nicely together.

Just speculation, but the graphical glitches (in geometry no less) do support that theory. It's a geometry issue that needs solving for course maker rendering to work properly.

Why is it in the video? PD have a track record of teasing us... And we did notice it was out of place.

Could be, PD has been known for teasing us in the most "unique" (so to speak) ways. Random appeareances of game features on VGT trailers seem to fit that bill. Of course, it's mostly speculation, the certainty is lacking.

But remember the VW VGT video showed drag racing at Gemsolar so I'm not getting too excited about any new tracks. But I do hope I'm wrong!

I don't really know if a sound can be "boring", as you put it, but great find nonetheless @azeeza. The car looks a bit twitchy from what can be seen in the videos, but that might still change before the car's release in March. The brake flaps do work, so that's good.

Noticing that the Alpine have Sport Softs tires in the video, still early if those tires be on the stock Alpine or Racing Hards.

Back